ImageImage

Woj: Blazers plan is to pursue high end talent “now”.

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Re: Woj: Blazers plan is to pursue high end talent “now”. 

Post#141 » by DusterBuster » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:40 pm

wjun15 wrote:there's no one we can get that will get us to compete in the near future. jerami grant, a non contract yr nurk, and a weak bench ain't cutting it. just blow this up.

Yeah, if that's all this team is gonna end up with, they should just go for the long-game and really go young.

That said, I'd save a Dame trade til the summer if that ends up the play. I still think you have to play out the season, lottery, and some FA before dealing Dame to see what's out there. Something we don't suspect could still shake loose after the season.

Maybe Lakers blow it up and make AD available or something.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#142 » by wco81 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:35 pm

Case2012 wrote:Dame’s not going anywhere, and he deserves that extension for being one of the GOATS. It would be amazing he took less money like Dirk but his nick name is DOLLA so that seems doubtful… Whether we keep or trade Dame, we probably aren’t winning a title anytime in the next 3 or 4 years unless one of our draft picks ends up being MVP caliber, so If dame is ok staying and retiring without a ring then so be it.

You sure about paying a big extension before seeing that he can regain his 2021 form?

Sixers may be making a huge mistake giving Harden an over 200 million extension but since they traded away a lot of assets they may have no choice.

Bobby Marks said on ESPN that Harden's extension will be the worst contract in NBA history.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,231

Post#143 » by monopoman » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:44 pm

wco81 wrote:
Case2012 wrote:Dame’s not going anywhere, and he deserves that extension for being one of the GOATS. It would be amazing he took less money like Dirk but his nick name is DOLLA so that seems doubtful… Whether we keep or trade Dame, we probably aren’t winning a title anytime in the next 3 or 4 years unless one of our draft picks ends up being MVP caliber, so If dame is ok staying and retiring without a ring then so be it.

You sure about paying a big extension before seeing that he can regain his 2021 form?

Sixers may be making a huge mistake giving Harden an over 200 million extension but since they traded away a lot of assets they may have no choice.

Bobby Marks said on ESPN that Harden's extension will be the worst contract in NBA history.

I think it might be more of a loyalty to a player that has shown loyalty to the team. We will have to see what happens, nothing is set in stone at this time obviously. I would be very happy to see Dame be a lifetime Blazer, he might also take a bit less money depending who knows.

Everyone is acting like they are dead sure Dame will ask for every cent possible.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#144 » by wco81 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:52 pm

Remember the 2-year $50 million contract the Laker gave to Kobe at the end of his career?

That was definitely a gift.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#145 » by Case2012 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:35 am

Would the Celtics consider Brown for tpe, Simons and the 3rd pick? The value seems right to me. I think that still leaves us with enough cap to go after a Grant or Randle with the Nola pick and bledsoe's non guaranteed deal.

For Boston they get similar production from Simons but add one of holmgren, Paolo, or smith.

Dame
Brown
Hart
Randle/Grant/John Collins?
Nurkic

Simons
Smart
Tatum
Smith/ Paolo/ Holmgren
Williams
Instagram: @casetwelve
b33nine
Senior
And1: 92

Post#146 » by b33nine » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:50 am

Honestly I think if it ends up being one of those top 3 prospects you can't trade it. You attempt a swing-for-the-fences trade if you get two good but not great picks, but if you get gifted one of the major prizes from the draft you probably end up attempting to convince Dame that he needs to play with them, or offer to move him to a new destination.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#147 » by GEE » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:38 pm

monopoman wrote:
wco81 wrote:

I think it might be more of a loyalty to a player that has shown loyalty to the team. We will have to see what happens, nothing is set in stone at this time obviously. I would be very happy to see Dame be a lifetime Blazer, he might also take a bit less money depending who knows.

Everyone is acting like they are dead sure Dame will ask for every cent possible.

:rofl:
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#148 » by soobias » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:49 pm

GEE wrote:
monopoman wrote:
wco81 wrote:

:rofl:

correct me if im wrong but didnt Dame just ask for a 2 yr 107m ext ? and wont that be on payroll til 2027 ?
like i said i like dame but not at the expense of the future of the team.
we all loved BROY but once gone we were looking at pushing foward and if we trade dame and got really good pieces in return and started to look at conf finals or finals we would wishing dame all his best from afar while gladly focusing on our new team.
imo i only see 1 person in the NBA worth that 50m price tag and thats giannis ( age, 2 way player, leader and makes others around him better)
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#149 » by Case2012 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:42 pm

No one knows if Dame really asked for that, and it was leaked by olshey on his way out as a last FU to Portland. Sad, angry bastard...
Instagram: @casetwelve
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Post#150 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:07 pm

soobias wrote:correct me if im wrong but didnt Dame just ask for a 2 yr 107m ext ? and wont that be on payroll til 2027 ?
like i said i like dame but not at the expense of the future of the team.
we all loved BROY but once gone we were looking at pushing foward and if we trade dame and got really good pieces in return and started to look at conf finals or finals we would wishing dame all his best from afar while gladly focusing on our new team.
imo i only see 1 person in the NBA worth that 50m price tag and thats giannis ( age, 2 way player, leader and makes others around him better)

Dame denied he asked for it. I doubt he would turn it down if offered. I doubt any player would

I guess people have forgotten that Dame already gave portland a discounted deal. The standard rookie extension was 25% of the salary cap. Dame had met the criteria for a 30% extension, but to allow the Blazers a little extra flexibility, he split the difference and settled for 27.5% extension. That doesn't seem like much, but, IIRC, it added up to around 14M over the 5 years of the contract

so, if he did get a 107M extension, you could start by deducting that 14M from the 107M. Accounting for inflation (the first year of the future extension would be 8 years after the first year of his discounted extension) it would be 17M. Dropping his super-max extension down to 90M, or 45M/year

yeah, I know people might not look at it that way but it definitely should be a factor in gauging that new extension, if he actually gets it

Return to Portland Trail Blazers