Dame Stays
60%

Total votes: 15

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Will he or won’t he? 

Post#1 » by DusterBuster » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:46 pm

Since we all seem to be living in this groundhogs day style timeloop of Dame saying he’s not going to ask out only for a news article 48hrs saying he’s going to ask out… might as well get a poll for everyone to call their shot.

What do you think. Does Dame ask out or not this summer?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,415

Re: Will he or won’t he? 

Post#2 » by JRoy » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:59 pm

Ultimately, I think he does get moved.

POR tries to land a big fish to play next to him, fails, and in classic Blazer fashion overpays for mediocrity and Lillard gets moved after another year of futility.

POR then finally commits to a real rebuild after having spent most assets on a phoney baloney superstar.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#3 » by Norm2953 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:02 pm

He's going to have to come back and play before the season ends if for nothing else, to show other teams
he is healthy and is able to play at a high level. I do suspect in the end, he will ask out for the team is
effectively built around Simons and wants to get up and down the court unlike in Dame's best years.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,041

Post#4 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:15 pm

No, I do not see Dame asking to be traded. He’s a Portland lifer.

I saw a tweet the other day that was pretty funny. Portland better give Dame the Dirk treatment once he retires for being as loyal as he’s been.

Street named after him
Jersey Retired
Statue outside of the arena
Guaranteed front office job as long as he wants
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#5 » by PDXKnight » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:13 pm

Mr B wrote:No, I do not see Dame asking to be traded. He’s a Portland lifer.

I saw a tweet the other day that was pretty funny. Portland better give Dame the Dirk treatment once he retires for being as loyal as he’s been.

Street named after him
Jersey Retired
Statue outside of the arena
Guaranteed front office job as long as he wants

If Portland doesn’t retire Dame after retiring the gazillion mediocre guys they’ve retired so far they would lose whatever speck of credibility they have left after years of mismanagement.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#6 » by Goldbum » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:46 pm

I think they try land a star piece to pair with Dame. When they decide that doing so will require an overpay they will move the Franchise superstar to a contending team willing to overpay for his services.

Edit: Any interest in Zion? Talk about risk vs reward. IDK it's a huge decision but if he gets healthy...
Ant
Hart
Winslow
Zion
Nurkic
Dang that team could do something health permitting.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,415

Post#7 » by JRoy » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:04 pm

Goldbum wrote:I think they try land a star piece to pair with Dame. When they decide that doing so will require an overpay they will move the Franchise superstar to a contending team willing to overpay for his services.

Edit: Any interest in Zion? Talk about risk vs reward. IDK it's a huge decision but if he gets healthy...
Ant
Hart
Winslow
Zion
Nurkic
Dang that team could do something health permitting.

Talented big man with injury issues. Hardest of passes in PDX.

I wish him a long and productive career but I don’t see it happening.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#8 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:42 pm

what 'report', today I'm assuming, says Dame will ask out?
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#9 » by DusterBuster » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:44 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:what 'report', today I'm assuming, says Dame will ask out?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265915/Teams-Preparing-For-Damian-Lillard-Donovan-Mitchell-Zion-Williamson-Trade-Demands

Nothing new or surprising. This talk won't die until Dame is moved or the Blazers are really good again - regardless of what Dame says to the contrary.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#10 » by Wizenheimer » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:25 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:what 'report', today I'm assuming, says Dame will ask out?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265915/Teams-Preparing-For-Damian-Lillard-Donovan-Mitchell-Zion-Williamson-Trade-Demands

Nothing new or surprising. This talk won't die until Dame is moved or the Blazers are really good again - regardless of what Dame says to the contrary.

I just read that 'article'. Beck was summarizing the recent history of superstar trades. Facts and Notes. And It sure looking like, to support his narrative, he ginned up total speculation about Dame, Mitchell, and Zion asking out. He said "teams are preparing" but he didn't offer a single corroborative fact to that speculation. He didn't quote a single "executive' that is supposedly preparing for the "next" superstar who asks out. Then he plugged Dame's name into his narrative. This is 100% speculation by Beck
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#11 » by Goldbum » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:58 am

It is 100% speculation, but we had 0.00 participants in all star weekend... So right now all we can do is speculate. We speculate on the draft, free agents, on the tank, on player development, ect ect.... Not saying that it's "News" but nothing is really (Well the Watford transaction was good news but still...)until we start hooping again.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed

Return to Portland Trail Blazers