Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Re: San Antonio Spurs vs New Orleans Pelicans Play-In Game 

Post#21 » by Dame Lizard » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:56 am

Wickzki wrote:
Dame Lizard wrote:
Wickzki wrote:Fire everyone involved in the putrid trade period .
The New Orleans trade was solid.

People need to stop with these 'in hindsight' reactions.

While it still should be a close game, we were odds-on favourite to get the pick prior to Paul George succumbing to Covid protocols.

It was a putrid trade UNLESS we got a second lottery pick.

Almost as bad as the rim job we gave the Clippers.
That's a ridiculous take.

CJ is a good player but on an undesirable contract.

$33m next year and $36m the year after. I had him at neutral value.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#22 » by PDXKnight » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:44 am

Dame Lizard wrote:
Wickzki wrote:
Dame Lizard wrote:The New Orleans trade was solid.

People need to stop with these 'in hindsight' reactions.

While it still should be a close game, we were odds-on favourite to get the pick prior to Paul George succumbing to Covid protocols.

Whether or not cj was traded for a “fair price” and i think that’s highly questionable given that we are basically gonna get like a 27th pick in 2025 now barring a miracle clips comeback, the powell trade was putrid

Cronin is a “nice guy” bonehead. I had him pegged as a bonehead but the homers on 620 and many other blazers fans have him pegged as a genius. I’m putting my money on trading dame for an underwhelming package and trading 6 down for like 11/14 and blowing the late picks on jarret jack and martell webster reincarnates. Cronin is a bum and we need an outside hire. Forget this guy he’s lame
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by Dame Lizard » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:57 am

Oden2 wrote:
Dame Lizard wrote:
Wickzki wrote:

Whether or not cj was traded for a “fair price” and i think that’s highly questionable given that we are basically gonna get like a 27th pick in 2025 now barring a miracle clips comeback, the powell trade was putrid

Cronin is a “nice guy” bonehead. I had him pegged as a bonehead but the homers on 620 and many other blazers fans have him pegged as a genius. I’m putting my money on trading dame for an underwhelming package and trading 6 down for like 11/14 and blowing the late picks on jarret jack and martell webster reincarnates. Cronin is a bum and we need an outside hire. Forget this guy he’s lame
Again, you are using the power of hindsight with your assessment of fair value. The lottery is a gamble and the other team's performances are unknown.

Paul freaking George was ruled out today with Covid. Let's stop these illogical 'in hindsight' opinions.

If we traded Dame for salary filler + unprotected Phoenix 2023 and unprotected Milwaukee 2023 picks, that would be a horrible trade. I'd want the GM fired. If both team's star players all got injured and those picks miraculously became the #1 and #2 picks, I'd still want that GM gone. Because they made a terrible decision which as a total fluke was terrific due to pure luck.

Having said all that, I do not want Joe Cronin as our GM. There are better and more proven options out there.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,442

Post#24 » by Myth » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:52 pm

Dame Lizard wrote:
Oden2 wrote:
Dame Lizard wrote:That's a ridiculous take.

Again, you are using the power of hindsight with your assessment of fair value. The lottery is a gamble and the other team's performances are unknown.

Paul freaking George was ruled out today with Covid. Let's stop these illogical 'in hindsight' opinions.

If we traded Dame for salary filler + unprotected Phoenix 2023 and unprotected Milwaukee 2023 picks, that would be a horrible trade. I'd want the GM fired. If both team's star players all got injured and those picks miraculously became the #1 and #2 picks, I'd still want that GM gone. Because they made a terrible decision which as a total fluke was terrific due to pure luck.

Having said all that, I do not want Joe Cronin as our GM. There are better and more proven options out there.

Not just the Paul George thing, but New Orleans was either 11th or 12th seed when that trade went down. Most expected them to still miss the playoffs. Some were more worried about them jumping to 1-4 in the lottery than making the playoffs.
dunlop212
Senior
And1: 83

Post#25 » by dunlop212 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:05 pm

So a late lottery pick is now top 4 protected Milwaukee 2025? Still a potential lottery pick. Hard to guess how good or bad Milwaukee will be.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,885

Post#26 » by JasonStern » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:34 pm

I said it when the trade happened. Nawlins with Ingram, CJ, Valančiūnas, Jones, Nance, etc. was a playoff team. Their rough start to the season and the loss of Zion really clouded public perception.

Still, the Bucks 1st for Nance is a mulligan. And Hart+NAW+cap space for CJ isn't terrible if the move was made to free up cap space to retain Simons instead of going forward with CJ. I really like Hart. And Nickeil Alexander-Walker is only 23 and has shown flashes - exactly the type of piece you'd want in a rebuild.

Oh, wait. The Blazers moved a 23 year old averaging 12ppg for a future 2nd and an injured 34 year old who is unlikely to play a single minute as a Blazer. Okay...

And I don't know how anyone can defend gifting the Clippers Powell and Covington.

As much as I hated Olshey, I always admitted he was an average GM. Not good. But a survivor. The guy at your work you hate to be partnered with because he'll do the bare minimum to not get fired. But you know you're getting skipped over in the bonus pool by being associated with him.

Clownin is easily the worst GM since John Nash. The outright value loss on every move he has made just reinforces his lack of basketball knowledge and how screwed the franchise is if he is retained. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy and would be great at selling Del Taco franchises or something. But he clearly is in over his head with respect to being an NBA GM.

So now at the expense of the team, he'll realize the Blazers aren't a free agency destination. That the treasure chest of 2nd round picks he got isn't worth actual NBA starting talent. And Dame doesn't deserve a g-league supporting cast. #FreeDame

But pride and the job opportunity forces moves that shouldn't be made. #6 for Jerami Grant in a reverse Billy King trade? Absorb Julius Randle's contract? What bad moves can a GM make while selling them as necessary to appease Dame?

The Moda Center lease is up in 2025. Turn a profitable winning franchise into.. the Kings, and it's easy to justify relocation. So at least we only have 3 more years of this management before someone hopefully buys and moves the team.

And I know I sound like a fair weather fan saying that, but that's nonsense. I've been a fan since I was a little kid. I remember watching a Blazers-Bulls finals game on like a 40lb portable CRT using an antenna with bad reception on a Cape Blanco state park camping trip. I posted on oregonlive and lurked this forum for years before a random Jerryd Bayless comment triggered me enough to sign up and correct some troll. But with Paul Allen gone, and recent moves and actions, it just doesn't seem like the same team.

And I'm not bashing Jody Allen for this. If I inherited a felt tip pen company or something random that I had no experience or interest in, I'd probably sell. And if I didn't, because it's good from a P.R./tax viewpoint, I'd probably not have enough experience in the field of felt tip pens to accurately identify proper management.

On the bright side, William Hill had a "bet $25, get $50" promo going on. I bet the Pelicans. Won ~$23 off of the initial bet and got another $50 in comp bets. Probably should have thrown more money betting against Cronin's plan, but I'm not a big money bettor.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#27 » by DusterBuster » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:34 am

dunlop212 wrote:So a late lottery pick is now top 4 protected Milwaukee 2025? Still a potential lottery pick. Hard to guess how good or bad Milwaukee will be.

At risk of looking like I'm trying to put lipstick on this pig of a trade that it’s turned into, it is fair that by 2025 it’s a bit of a crapshoot how good or bad the Bucks will be. 3 years is plenty of time for a team to have their window close, but it’s also plenty of time for Dame to leave or age out of the NBA, so either way you cut it, that pick doesn’t help this rebuild much unless it can be rerouted.

Also don’t know how Cronin is planning on getting Grant. The Blazers trading their pick for him if it doesn’t jump into the Top 4 is REAL high rn imo.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#28 » by Norm2953 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:34 am

DusterBuster wrote:
dunlop212 wrote:So a late lottery pick is now top 4 protected Milwaukee 2025? Still a potential lottery pick. Hard to guess how good or bad Milwaukee will be.

At risk of looking like I'm trying to put lipstick on this pig of a trade that it’s turned into, it is fair that by 2025 it’s a bit of a crapshoot how good or bad the Bucks will be. 3 years is plenty of time for a team to have their window close, but it’s also plenty of time for Dame to leave or age out of the NBA, so either way you cut it, that pick doesn’t help this rebuild much unless it can be rerouted.

Also don’t know how Cronin is planning on getting Grant. The Blazers trading their pick for him if it doesn’t jump into the Top 4 is REAL high rn imo.

I've never wanted Grant if the team was locked into having to pay him $112 Million extension.

Last night's Clipper loss must have shaken Portland's management. Most other teams would accept there is so much
that can be done this off season without that extra pick. They still have that team that was playing well before the
AS break and will have Dame, TPE and some cap flexibility to add a player with the MLE along with the mid lottery pick
that the team had lose 21/23 games to earn.

Little, Winslow, Watford, Nurkic, Dame, Ant, Hart along with Brown will be on next year's roster. Let's see who they
can get with their TPE/ MLE and who they will draft now that trading for Grant is an unlikely option.

One would think Joe Ingles and Eric Bledsoe will not on Portland's roster in 22/23.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#29 » by monopoman » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:18 am

JasonStern wrote:
And I'm not bashing Jody Allen for this. If I inherited a felt tip pen company or something random that I had no experience or interest in, I'd probably sell. And if I didn't, because it's good from a P.R./tax viewpoint, I'd probably not have enough experience in the field of felt tip pens to accurately identify proper management.

People seem to forget that she was not given his fortune just to have it. Paul Allen wanted the vast majority of his empire donated to charity, now what that entails we don't exactly know. Taking multiple businesses and endeavors and turning them into money takes time.

While she was given control of all of his businesses even if she loved being a Blazer owner it wouldn't seem to matter, to extract the value from the team and give it to charity it might need to be sold. These moves also make a bit more sense if that is the case, so far every move Cronin made nearly has reduced salary implications.

Now signing Powell to that multi-year deal just to trade him seems odd, but maybe they were trying another 1-2 years of getting the best team possible with Dame but then that shifted. Dame's injury might have changed that path, so they decided on a rebuild that will make the team more viable for a new owner.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#30 » by DusterBuster » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:23 pm

Norm2953 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

I've never wanted Grant if the team was locked into having to pay him $112 Million extension.

Last night's Clipper loss must have shaken Portland's management. Most other teams would accept there is so much
that can be done this off season without that extra pick. They still have that team that was playing well before the
AS break and will have Dame, TPE and some cap flexibility to add a player with the MLE along with the mid lottery pick

Little, Winslow, Watford, Nurkic, Dame, Ant, Hart along with Brown will be on next year's roster. Let's see who they
can get with their TPE/ MLE and who they will draft now that trading for Grant is an unlikely option.

One would think Joe Ingles and Eric Bledsoe will not on Portland's roster in 22/23.

I’m not saying I want Grant or his soon to be bloated contract, but I believe the Blazers have pretty well convinced themselves they need to get him at this point no matter what which will lead to them overpaying to get him if need be.

Not a smart or good move, but most likely I think.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#31 » by PDXKnight » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:28 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

I’m not saying I want Grant or his soon to be bloated contract, but I believe the Blazers have pretty well convinced themselves they need to get him at this point no matter what which will lead to them overpaying to get him if need be.

In before number 6 for grant to appease dame for one year before he asks for a trade anyways
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#32 » by DusterBuster » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:58 pm

Norm2953 wrote:One would think Joe Ingles and Eric Bledsoe will not on Portland's roster in 22/23.

I also don’t this is totally accurate. Ingles in particular I think is actually almost likely to resign for a vet min deal. Bledsoe is less likely as I do think he’s used in a trade, but I think Portland would sign him to a vet min deal if they can because of his connection with Billups.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#33 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:58 pm

about the CJ trade:

Jake Fisher, who has nailed a lot of trades before they happened...good sources apparently, was on a podcast and said that the Blazers had a couple of other offers for CJ. One was from Atlanta that was Gallinari + Filler + a future protected 1st. The other was from Dallas that was Powell + Kleber + a future protected 1st

so then:

Atlanta Offer: Gallinari + Filler + future protected 1st
Dallas Offer: Powell + Kleber + future protected 1st
Pelicans Trade: Hart + Louzada + future protected 1st + 21M TPE + 3.3M TPE

if Fisher is correct that was the market for CJ, the Blazers did as well as could be expected. Obviously, the filler and details of the offers might add more value, but not likely add enough to change the equation (and somehow you have to factor Nance; But he only played in 9 of 28 games for the Pels, which is Nance's career in a nutshell) I'd say Hart & Powell have about equal value; Gallo not so much; Kleber almost none. It may be that the future 1sts from Atlanta and Dallas will be better than a future 1st from Milwaukee, depending on the protections. But 3 years from now Jrue will be 35 & Middleton will be 34. You never know

adding to the value of the Pels trade was that the Blazers did have an opportunity for the 10th-11th pick in this draft. It was actually a good opportunity. But it was hard to anticipate that the Lakers would suffer an historical collapse or that PG13 would get Covid the day of the play-in game. If he plays in that game, Blazers get that lottery pick. Might even get it if Kennard plays.

I think Cronin could have probably leveraged better draft assets out of that Pels. For instance, Blazers get the better of the Pels and Laker picks this draft, both top-4 protected. If not conveyed, then the Lakers 2024 pick, protected top-4. If not conveyed then that Bucks pick. The Pels were not going to trade Jones; and it's unlikely they would have added Hayes or Murphy
***********************************************************************************************************************************

about the Clippers trade:

yeah, it looks like a dog of a trade for the Blazers. But there are some arguments for why the return was so low.

To start with, I don't think RoCo had much value. To be sure, some teams were reportedly interested in him, but those reports seemed to indicate the return was going to be a lesser player on a slightly lesser contract plus a 2nd. There is only 1 GM who'd give up two 1st's for RoCo. Let me amend that: ex-GM

as for Powell, I know that I disagreed with people last summer who said the Blazer signed him to a great contract. I thought it was a negative contract because teams just don't want to be obligated for 5 years at 15% of the salary cap to a role player. And that's what Powell is. He can drive really well and shoot well. But he doesn't pass well at all and he's not a good defender. He has limits and flaws, but he's getting 18M/year

Portland did get Winslow and Johnson plus a couple of seconds. They got a 6.5M TPE and they reduced current and future salary by 90M, Still, that trade raises questions about Cronin's competence; especially because it was done a week before the trade deadline. What the hell was the reason for that? For me, it's impossible to ignore the long0standing relationship between Jody Allen and Steve Ballmer; IIRC, they are even neighbors in Seattle. Yeah, I bought a new roll of tinfoil
**************************************************************************************************************************************

all of that is not meant to be a strong defense of Cronin. It's just meant as a reminder that we have spent years overrating the talent Portland has, and the value of the players. I think Cronin was operating within the boundaries set by the Vulcans and the #1 priority out of Seattle was fro Cronin to dramatically reduce current and future payroll, partly because to the new deals headed to Simons and Nurkic. He did that pretty well

still, I'd strongly prefer a different GM in charge of the rebuild, drafting, and future trades
****************************************************************************************************************************************

I think there's a bigger picture here too. What is the alternative? Start with not firing Olshey's ass. What would he have done? Is there any doubt? He might have traded RoCo for a minimal return since it's nearly certain RoCo wouldn't re-sign in Portland. But that would require Olshey to admit by action that swapping 2 first's and Ariza for RoCo was damn stupid. And then what would have Olshey done this summer? He would have re-signed Simons for sure. And he would have rebooted the same kind of failed roster he had the previous 7 off-seasons. Portland would have very likely had 120M/year (the entire salary cap) invested in four 6'3 and under guards. 6'3 barrels of Illuminati oil for olshey's bloated ego. Does anybody doubt that?

the roster absolutely had to be dismantled. The 7 year build-up of an unbalanced and unsustainable roster would have reached a toxic level in year 8. It had to be burned down. You can argue about what Portland got for tearing it down but it had to happen at the trade deadline and should have happened 5 seasons ago.
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Dame Lizard » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:24 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:about the CJ trade:

Jake Fisher, who has nailed a lot of trades before they happened...good sources apparently, was on a podcast and said that the Blazers had a couple of other offers for CJ. One was from Atlanta that was Gallinari + Filler + a future protected 1st. The other was from Dallas that was Powell + Kleber + a future protected 1st

so then:

if Fisher is correct that was the market for CJ, the Blazers did as well as could be expected. Obviously, the filler and details of the offers might add more value, but not likely add enough to change the equation (and somehow you have to factor Nance; But he only played in 9 of 28 games for the Pels, which is Nance's career in a nutshell) I'd say Hart & Powell have about equal value; Gallo not so much; Kleber almost none. It may be that the future 1sts from Atlanta and Dallas will be better than a future 1st from Milwaukee, depending on the protections. But 3 years from now Jrue will be 35 & Middleton will be 34. You never know

adding to the value of the Pels trade was that the Blazers did have an opportunity for the 10th-11th pick in this draft. It was actually a good opportunity. But it was hard to anticipate that the Lakers would suffer an historical collapse or that PG13 would get Covid the day of the play-in game. If he plays in that game, Blazers get that lottery pick. Might even get it if Kennard plays.

I think Cronin could have probably leveraged better draft assets out of that Pels. For instance, Blazers get the better of the Pels and Laker picks this draft, both top-4 protected. If not conveyed, then the Lakers 2024 pick, protected top-4. If not conveyed then that Bucks pick. The Pels were not going to trade Jones; and it's unlikely they would have added Hayes or Murphy
***********************************************************************************************************************************

yeah, it looks like a dog of a trade for the Blazers. But there are some arguments for why the return was so low.

To start with, I don't think RoCo had much value. To be sure, some teams were reportedly interested in him, but those reports seemed to indicate the return was going to be a lesser player on a slightly lesser contract plus a 2nd. There is only 1 GM who'd give up two 1st's for RoCo. Let me amend that: ex-GM

as for Powell, I know that I disagreed with people last summer who said the Blazer signed him to a great contract. I thought it was a negative contract because teams just don't want to be obligated for 5 years at 15% of the salary cap to a role player. And that's what Powell is. He can drive really well and shoot well. But he doesn't pass well at all and he's not a good defender. He has limits and flaws, but he's getting 18M/year

Portland did get Winslow and Johnson plus a couple of seconds. They got a 6.5M TPE and they reduced current and future salary by 90M, Still, that trade raises questions about Cronin's competence; especially because it was done a week before the trade deadline. What the hell was the reason for that? For me, it's impossible to ignore the long0standing relationship between Jody Allen and Steve Ballmer; IIRC, they are even neighbors in Seattle. Yeah, I bought a new roll of tinfoil
**************************************************************************************************************************************

all of that is not meant to be a strong defense of Cronin. It's just meant as a reminder that we have spent years overrating the talent Portland has, and the value of the players. I think Cronin was operating within the boundaries set by the Vulcans and the #1 priority out of Seattle was fro Cronin to dramatically reduce current and future payroll, partly because to the new deals headed to Simons and Nurkic. He did that pretty well

still, I'd strongly prefer a different GM in charge of the rebuild, drafting, and future trades
****************************************************************************************************************************************

I think there's a bigger picture here too. What is the alternative? Start with not firing Olshey's ass. What would he have done? Is there any doubt? He might have traded RoCo for a minimal return since it's nearly certain RoCo wouldn't re-sign in Portland. But that would require Olshey to admit by action that swapping 2 first's and Ariza for RoCo was damn stupid. And then what would have Olshey done this summer? He would have re-signed Simons for sure. And he would have rebooted the same kind of failed roster he had the previous 7 off-seasons. Portland would have very likely had 120M/year (the entire salary cap) invested in four 6'3 and under guards. 6'3 barrels of Illuminati oil for olshey's bloated ego. Does anybody doubt that?

the roster absolutely had to be dismantled. The 7 year build-up of an unbalanced and unsustainable roster would have reached a toxic level in year 8. It had to be burned down. You can argue about what Portland got for tearing it down but it had to happen at the trade deadline and should have happened 5 seasons ago.
Agree with all of this. Great post Wiz.

I do think that the RoCo + Powell trade was really bad (but agree that RoCo's value had taken a big hit), but also recognise that Powell had just signed a 5 year contract. I do think that Portland would have consulted with Norm, and perhaps taken a reduced package to ensure good faith by trading him to a team that he is interested in playing for. I.e. avoiding what the Clippers did to Blake Griffin.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#35 » by Norm2953 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:34 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:One would think Joe Ingles and Eric Bledsoe will not on Portland's roster in 22/23.

I also don’t this is totally accurate. Ingles in particular I think is actually almost likely to resign for a vet min deal. Bledsoe is less likely as I do think he’s used in a trade, but I think Portland would sign him to a vet min deal if they can because of his connection with Billups.

Why would Ingles sign a vet min deal with Portland when he could get the same deal with Utah? If Portland wanted
him, they'd have to give him more than a vet min deal which they could do with their non taxpayer MLE

Bledsoe's contract is a sticky situation. Portland is not likely going to guarantee his contract unless they really value him
as a player on an expiring contract. Don't know where he'd play with Dame, Ant, Hart.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#36 » by monopoman » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:01 pm

Dame Lizard wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:about the CJ trade:

so then:

Agree with all of this. Great post Wiz.

I do think that the RoCo + Powell trade was really bad (but agree that RoCo's value had taken a big hit), but also recognise that Powell had just signed a 5 year contract. I do think that Portland would have consulted with Norm, and perhaps taken a reduced package to ensure good faith by trading him to a team that he is interested in playing for. I.e. avoiding what the Clippers did to Blake Griffin.

Well that makes sense they literally just signed him to a multi-year deal then trade him before a year passes. If Powell goes to the media and gets really upset about being traded it makes the Blazers look bad. They tell him they want him to be a Blazer for years he takes the deal and an almost immediate rug pull.

Now talking to him about the trade in advance, and making sure he is happy with the destination team makes it a far better position for him to handle.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#37 » by Case2012 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:05 am

Adding a healthy Ingles and bledsoe (not sure if we can waive him and re-sign him to a smaller deal or not?) to Hart and Winslow and you have a pretty damn good bench. The problem is still filling out the starting unit.

I don't think the blazers should start Simons next to Dame. I'm tired of an undersized backcourt that doesn't play defense.

I'm curious what a sign and trade would look like with Simons. What kind of return could be bring back?
Instagram: @casetwelve
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Dame Lizard » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:47 am

Case2012 wrote:Adding a healthy Ingles and bledsoe (not sure if we can waive him and re-sign him to a smaller deal or not?) to Hart and Winslow and you have a pretty damn good bench. The problem is still filling out the starting unit.

I don't think the blazers should start Simons next to Dame. I'm tired of an undersized backcourt that doesn't play defense.

I'm curious what a sign and trade would look like with Simons. What kind of return could be bring back?
I agree that I don't want an undersized backcourt pairing that doesn't play defense. However, I'm operating on the assumption that Dame will he traded before the end of next season, thus the Dame + Simons pairing won't be long-term. And it's for this reason that I'm not a fan of trading for Grant.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#39 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:21 am

Dame Lizard wrote:
Case2012 wrote:Adding a healthy Ingles and bledsoe (not sure if we can waive him and re-sign him to a smaller deal or not?) to Hart and Winslow and you have a pretty damn good bench. The problem is still filling out the starting unit.

I agree that I don't want an undersized backcourt pairing that doesn't play defense. However, I'm operating on the assumption that Dame will he traded before the end of next season, thus the Dame + Simons pairing won't be long-term. And it's for this reason that I'm not a fan of trading for Grant.

Portland will trade Simons before they trade Dame. Neither will happen next season
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,394

Post#40 » by JRoy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:53 am

Oden2 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:

In before number 6 for grant to appease dame for one year before he asks for a trade anyways

If that happens I am officially done with the Blazers
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers