ImageImage

With the 1st pick in the 2022 NBA draft, the Portland Trail Blazers select....

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2022 NBA draft, the Portland Trail Blazers select.... 

Post#21 » by Wizenheimer » Tue May 10, 2022 4:31 pm

Goldbum wrote:If we are at 6 I would look to trade the pick for 13 + 15 and a couple of future 2nds.
15 and Bledsoe for Grant, then draft Eason/D.Daniels or Sochan at 13 (hopefully Eason) that would leave the Bucks25/TPE and those future 2nds for another deal. Maybe #36 + Didi + Bucks25 and the TPE could get us Harrison Barnes? Idk but Barnes+Grant+ Eason+ Nas+Watford+ GB3 gives us a bunch of modern bigs and switchable defenders.

essentially, that's trading #6 for Grant....I hate that trade and would much rather see the Blazers roll the dice on a player they can draft. Grant has no upside...what you see is what you get, and what you get is a role player. A 6th pick might bust, but it also might be the all-star level player that Grant will never be
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2022 NBA draft, the Portland Trail Blazers select.... 

Post#22 » by Goldbum » Tue May 10, 2022 6:42 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
Goldbum wrote:If we are at 6 I would look to trade the pick for 13 + 15 and a couple of future 2nds.
15 and Bledsoe for Grant, then draft Eason/D.Daniels or Sochan at 13 (hopefully Eason) that would leave the Bucks25/TPE and those future 2nds for another deal. Maybe #36 + Didi + Bucks25 and the TPE could get us Harrison Barnes? Idk but Barnes+Grant+ Eason+ Nas+Watford+ GB3 gives us a bunch of modern bigs and switchable defenders.

essentially, that's trading #6 for Grant....I hate that trade and would much rather see the Blazers roll the dice on a player they can draft. Grant has no upside...what you see is what you get, and what you get is a role player. A 6th pick might bust, but it also might be the all-star level player that Grant will never be

Or...or maybe it's trading number 6 for Grant and #13 and allowing us to keep Keon, #36, Bucks25 and the TPE...if you like someone at 13 nearly as much as at 6 you get that guy at a lower salary and keep your assets for another move that becomes available.
Now if they evaluate guys at 6 as being franchise changing and 13 as role players it's not the move... but if we are going to trade for Grant anyway this maintains flexibility and nets you another guy you like... essentially
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,842

Post#23 » by Norm2953 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:42 pm

I tend to think if the pick drops down too far, the team will end up drafting Duren who is the youngest
player in the draft but should be a good player (eventually).

The real work will be in the FA/trade market for asking a 19/20 year old to play significant minutes in
his rookie season is a major ask.
jebdrbhjb
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#24 » by jebdrbhjb » Tue May 10, 2022 7:40 pm

Excuse me please, one more drink
Could you make it strong?
'Cause I don't need to think

......Dave Matthews

Return to Portland Trail Blazers