Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Portland's Newest Glass Man has Surgery 

Post#1 » by Wizenheimer » Tue May 10, 2022 4:59 pm

Nassir Little has another ouch!

Read on Twitter

when is it time to cut bait on this guy?
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Re: Portland's Newest Glass Man has Surgery 

Post#2 » by Case2012 » Tue May 10, 2022 5:56 pm

Sounds like the same injury Lillard had, and the recovery time was 6 weeks so I'm not worried about it. Kind of rushing to judgment a little wiz.

Nas has everything you want out of a wing prospect, nothing to worry about.
Instagram: @casetwelve
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#3 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue May 10, 2022 6:03 pm

Case2012 wrote:Sounds like the same injury Lillard had, and the recovery time was 6 weeks so I'm not worried about it. Kind of rushing to judgment a little wiz.

He sure seems to get banged up more than most young players. Its hard to consistently string together improvements when you are being interrupted for health concerns, he is in the 40 games played each season. I personally wouldn't depend on him for anything at the moment, like we shouldn't avoid getting more SF depth because Nassir has the position locked down, the odds say he will likely miss half the season for one reason or another.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#4 » by Case2012 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:26 pm

I don't think his lack of playing time had as much to do with injuries as stotts stubborn refusal to play young guys. I could be wrong though, I can't remember any other injuries besides this year.

You're right though. There's no reason we shouldn't stock up on high energy 3/D wings.
Instagram: @casetwelve
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#5 » by Goldbum » Tue May 10, 2022 6:47 pm

Alternative take: Dame's surgery went so well they decided that taking care of Nas early makes the most sense...not sure why they didn't do this sooner though.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#6 » by PDXKnight » Fri May 13, 2022 4:07 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
Case2012 wrote:Sounds like the same injury Lillard had, and the recovery time was 6 weeks so I'm not worried about it. Kind of rushing to judgment a little wiz.

He sure seems to get banged up more than most young players. Its hard to consistently string together improvements when you are being interrupted for health concerns, he is in the 40 games played each season. I personally wouldn't depend on him for anything at the moment, like we shouldn't avoid getting more SF depth because Nassir has the position locked down, the odds say he will likely miss half the season for one reason or another.

Yeah but if the kid can ever stay healthy he’s legit and maybe the highest ceiling of any wing we’ve had in awhile so it’s worth a wager and perhaps a contract that prices in those injury concerns?
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#7 » by Soulyss » Wed May 18, 2022 1:33 am

Goldbum wrote:Alternative take: Dame's surgery went so well they decided that taking care of Nas early makes the most sense...not sure why they didn't do this sooner though.

I suspect this is the case... Good timing, no impact to training camp. I don't see the issue here.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers