votes to be mentioned nationaly.. .

SO VOTE, NOW!! CHOP-CHOP!!

www.nba.com
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,461

Post#2 » by Pattycakes » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:28 am

If we're 7-8 games over .500 by the time voting is over, I can't see the assistants not voting in BRoy. But I have terrible vision.
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#3 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:30 am

dude if at least i dont know 10 other fans do what me and my friend jake do he may get in the top 10 we filled out about 100 votes during hafe time of the last game then 100 more befor the game ended and we each have 100 more done that we are wating to turn in saterday so do what we do and help us make b-roy an allstar
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

b_roy7
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#4 » by b_roy7 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:40 am

Chill man, I've been voting. If my West ballot goes through, be VERY afraid for the West.

Roy
Walker
Battier
Szczerbiak
Aldridge

Unless Roy and Aldridge or Antoine carry them. :lol:

*EDITED for spelling.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#5 » by Yadadimean » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:51 am

all star voting is a joke
Signature
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#6 » by Mr Odd » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:43 am

Yadadimean wrote:all star voting is a joke

Yes, yes it is. But would be cool to get Roy lots of votes.
Then maybe the coaches would be more apt to get him in.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#7 » by Spykes » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:45 am

Yadadimean wrote:all star voting is a joke

+1.

I think Roy will even have a hard time getting in via the coach's picks as well unfortunately. Although, I'd say he probably will have a slightly better shot than Deron Williams this season, especially if the Blazers still have a really good record by February.

Although, Roy still has to battle against the likes of Paul, Parker, Nash, Iverson, Ginobili and the aforementioned Williams. It's tough enough making the All Star team as a 2nd year player, let alone going up against the likes of those player
doogul
Rookie
And1: 50

Post#8 » by doogul » Wed Jan 2, 2008 10:43 pm

I was just reading Mike Barrett's Blog and saw that he's being a homer about the Player of the Month award. I like Mike, but c'mon, did he even look at what Paul did during December? One thing he said, though, I found interesting:

If you still think Roy will make the all-star team, especially in light of this, you're dreaming.

I don't think the player of the month thing really has an effect on whether or not he'll be an all-star. In my mind the fact he was in consideration for the award has to help his case. But regardless, I still agree with Mike. There are a whole bunch of good guards in the west and I'm not sure if I would bet on Roy sneaking in there.

Last year I got my hopes up with Randolph (who had monster stats). This year we have a player who is leading us to a winning record but doesn't get monster stats. So aside from the ridiculous way that starters get in, what exactly DOES it take to get to the all-star game? Obviously it's not all stats, cause if it was, Randolph would have made it last year. So if we see a bunch of players getting in ahead of Roy because of their stats, I'm going to be pissed. What do you all think?
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#9 » by Mr Odd » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:29 pm

If Roy gets on it will be by the coaching & not public voting.

However, it would be cool to see if Roy can get some votes.
I have a feeling some coachs do look at the players that got
a lot of votes but not enough to be a starter, if Roy got a lot,
you never know it might help some coachs lean Roys way.. .
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#10 » by Canomad » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:57 am

Spykes wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

+1.

I think Roy will even have a hard time getting in via the coach's picks as well unfortunately. Although, I'd say he probably will have a slightly better shot than Deron Williams this season, especially if the Blazers still have a really good record by February.

Although, Roy still has to battle against the likes of Paul, Parker, Nash, Iverson, Ginobili and the aforementioned Williams. It's tough enough making the All Star team as a 2nd year player, let alone going up against the likes of those player

dont forget davis and kobe they are both guards to its going to be tuff for roy to make it but he deserves it IMO
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#11 » by Spykes » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:19 am

letsgetit wrote:dont forget davis and kobe they are both guards to its going to be tuff for roy to make it but he deserves it IMO

Kobe will get in via Fan vote, so that's why I didn't include him. But Davis is someone else Roy will have to battle with for coaches vote.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#12 » by realfung » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:22 am

I would vote for ROY.
kumquat
Starter
And1: 63

Post#13 » by kumquat » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:36 am

I've been voting for Roy (and antoine), but he's way behind, his only chance is the coaches vote. Call it an intuition, but I wouldn't be surprised if Roy gets in via that.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#14 » by mighty_duck » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:44 pm

Assuming Kobe and T-Mac (really?) are voted in, that leaves 3 spots for guards. Iverson and Nash are virtual locks. So Roy would be competing for that last spot with CP3, Deron Williams, Baron Davis, and Parker/Ginobli. Bleak.

If T-Mac is injured and the coaches decide to choose a 6th guard instead of a forward (both very real possibilities), there would be a better chance of squeezing him in. Or we could go on another 13-0 run and leave them no choice 8)
b_roy7
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#15 » by b_roy7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:12 am

At least Aldridge got mentioned in the RealGM report.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... g_returns/

93,043 isn't bad in the West.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers