ImageImage

What a difference an ocean makes

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

What a difference an ocean makes 

Post#1 » by TBpup » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:07 am

Posting here from New York. Thank goodness the Blazers/Bulls game was on TV...but let me share what it is like out here.

"The Blazers? Who are they? Oh yeah, I hear they've been playing ok lately."

"Their games are on too late...who even knows what they are doing."

"Does J.R. Rider still play for them?"

"That's the team that loudmouth Walton played for, right?"

That is just some of what I got as I searched for TNT. There is barely a reconition of the team being in the NBA let alone the fact that they are doing very well given their youth. If the average person on the street is any indication, it's no wonder people don't know who Charles 'Bo' Outlaw is at ESPN. :confused:

I think given time that will change and beating the Bulls on national TV is huge but you have to realize, that game finished around 11 pm back here. Even though it was on TNT, a lot of people were watching the BCS nonsense or had turned it off and gone to bed. :sleep:

Don't give up the faith though.....I'm brought my Blazers Advisory Board sweatshirt and am going to wear it proudly. It's damned cold back here.

Good night from the Big Apple.

:starwars
@TBpup22
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#2 » by Mr Odd » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:31 am

Hey, good to hear from ya from afar!!

Yea, the east coast ignorance is pretty bad.

I will give a lot of credit to TNT tonight.. .
They are giving Roy much love and Marv
and the crew have even talked about Roy
during the Soncis vs Suns game!! Barkley
has stated many times Roy should be a
All-Star. Maybe this little push might help
shed some light on the Blazers, especially
since theres going to be one more TNT game.

Saddly the NBA is a "superstar" driven league.
So 'til we get one the Blazers will be off the map.
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#3 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:31 am

If you happen to run into Isiah Thomas while you're out there, thank him for taking Randolph off our hands. :P
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#4 » by mojomarc » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:40 am

Make sure you go to the Carnegie Deli and have a hot pastrami so I can live vicariously through you.
Walton'sBeard!
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Walton'sBeard! » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:45 am

Sounds like NYer's are as knowledgable about the Blazers as they are about the Knicks. I think their insane media saturation has rotted their minds.
TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

Post#6 » by TBpup » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:35 pm

If you happen to run into Isiah Thomas while you're out there, thank him for taking Randolph off our hands.

Spykes...I was just at MSG. Somehow Thomas still thinks Randolph will be an all-star and the Knicks were going to make the playoffs. I didn't know how to break it to him... :P

Can you imagine Zach having never left? The ball movement, the development, the attitude....all would have been severly stunted.

@TBpup22
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#7 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:43 pm

TBpup wrote:
If you happen to run into Isiah Thomas while you're out there, thank him for taking Randolph off our hands.

Spykes...I was just at MSG. Somehow Thomas still thinks Randolph will be an all-star and the Knicks were going to make the playoffs. I didn't know how to break it to him... :P

Can you imagine Zach having never left? The ball movement, the development, the attitude....all would have been severly stunted.

Ya, I heard the comments Zeke made about him thinking the Knicks can win a championship under him and with a lot of the talent they currently have. :rofl: :rofl:

It's a scary (bad) thought to imagine what the Blazers would be like if he were still here. It would be nice if the Blazers had a rebounder and a interior scorer of Randolph's skill level, but the guy is just the antithesis of a team player. We'd be watching Randolph hold the ball for 5-7 seconds abount 18ft out while he decides what kind of shot he wants, then likely running it into a triple team. And when he misses, he complains to the refs, opening up a easy lay-in for the opposing team.

Good riddance to Zach.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers