ImageImage

OT: Rachel Ray

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#21 » by Yadadimean » Fri May 30, 2008 7:41 am

mcorrie1121 wrote:In my mind the difference between a terrorist and a soldier is the rules of warfare. I.e. not harming civilians, wearing your country's uniform, etc.

I absolutely can't stand how some groups pretend to be civilians and surround their military structures with civilians.

Although I must say the scarf looks good on her.

Do you believe that no American soldiers intentionally harm civilians? I know people who have been to Iraq that tell me that America has intentionally wiped out entire neighborhoods knowing full well the vast majority of the people in them were innocent civilians. Hell, the nukes dropped on Japan killed an enormous amount of innocents. Would you call these American soldiers in question terrorists?
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#22 » by mojomarc » Fri May 30, 2008 4:41 pm

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Nothing looks good on Rachael Ray.

And by nothing I mean no clothes on at all.

That should definitely be seen but not heard. Her voice and speaking style is like fingernails across a blackboard.
Yadadimean
Analyst

Post#23 » by Yadadimean » Fri May 30, 2008 6:49 pm

She sure is popular for somebody that nobody seems to care for...
Signature
The Emcee
General Manager
And1: 156

Post#24 » by The Emcee » Fri May 30, 2008 8:24 pm

Yadadimean wrote:Do you believe that no American soldiers intentionally harm civilians? I know people who have been to Iraq that tell me that America has intentionally wiped out entire neighborhoods knowing full well the vast majority of the people in them were innocent civilians. Hell, the nukes dropped on Japan killed an enormous amount of innocents. Would you call these American soldiers in question terrorists?

Hmmm whoops I again worded stuff wrong. Man I gotta proofread my crap.

I do not deny that it happens. And actually yes, you could fit those soldiers in question in the terrorist category. It is extremely unfortunate that it happens.
Dakotah612
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Dakotah612 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:39 pm

To break up the tension from the jihad scarf in this thread...

"Damn the Blazers. Damn them to hell. They are working the rest of the league like a speedbag."
- Bill Simmons
Yadadimean
Analyst

Post#26 » by Yadadimean » Sat May 31, 2008 12:35 am

mcorrie1121 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hmmm whoops I again worded stuff wrong. Man I gotta proofread my crap.

I do not deny that it happens. And actually yes, you could fit those soldiers in question in the terrorist category. It is extremely unfortunate that it happens.

LOL its ok. its not like I havent gone on many a drunken, incoherent rant on this board! Anyway, is it harder to consider these soldiers in question terrorists if you consider that the function of a soldier is to follow orders? Could you still call them a terrorist if their actions are a direct result of a higher ranking officer giving the order? On the other hand, would a soldier be treasonous if he refused to carry out the order if it involved harming innocents?
candy for lunch
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#27 » by candy for lunch » Sat May 31, 2008 1:09 am

thanks michelle malkin, for providing more evidence that modern conservatism is intellectually brain dead.
The Emcee
General Manager
And1: 156

Post#28 » by The Emcee » Sat May 31, 2008 6:29 am

Yadadimean wrote:
LOL its ok. its not like I havent gone on many a drunken, incoherent rant on this board! Anyway, is it harder to consider these soldiers in question terrorists if you consider that the function of a soldier is to follow orders? Could you still call them a terrorist if their actions are a direct result of a higher ranking officer giving the order? On the other hand, would a soldier be treasonous if he refused to carry out the order if it involved harming innocents?

I guess I was working on the assumption that it was the soldiers' choice to do it, for whatever reason.
Yadadimean
Analyst

Post#29 » by Yadadimean » Sun Jun 1, 2008 3:25 am

mcorrie1121 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess I was working on the assumption that it was the soldiers' choice to do it, for whatever reason.

ultimately it is their choice, but to a certain degree they are trained to follow orders without question.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers