ImageImage

Brook LOPEZ falling fst

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

waverider
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Brook LOPEZ falling fst 

Post#1 » by waverider » Sat May 31, 2008 2:56 pm

Chad Form bumps him down from 3 to 9 on his board and Draftexpress said of all the players at Orlando he may have hurt his status the most.
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#2 » by Billy » Sat May 31, 2008 2:58 pm

That sucks. I was hoping Minny would make the mistake of selecting him and allowing Mayo to fall. Hopefully he boosts his stock back up.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#3 » by mojomarc » Sat May 31, 2008 5:45 pm

Not a shocker--Lopez is one of those guys who, if he were 6'7" with his skills and temperment, might not even start for a Div I team. But because he is 7', everyone drools over him. If he at least loved the game, ate-slept-dreamt of the game, then maybe you give him more of the benefit of the doubt that he would put in the endless hours necessary to improve his skills to the point where he could really make an impact in the NBA, but he doesn't seem to have that. He is basically a poor man's Andrew Bogut without the competitiveness or desire that Bogut has. Minny taking him at #3 would be incredibly foolish. #9, however, seems to be about right for getting a solid career backup center these days (unfortunately).
wfbbuckmej
Junior

Post#4 » by wfbbuckmej » Sat May 31, 2008 8:09 pm

Lopez is falling because he sucks. If I were a team needing a young center I would trade down and take Hibbert.

Hell trade your pick to PDX for Frye who is better than Lopez.

Kinda along the same thought I hope PDX invites Pittsnoggle to Summer League. That guy who played at WV a couple seasons ago. I think he can be alot like Brad Miller.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#5 » by Yadadimean » Sun Jun 1, 2008 2:28 am

wfbbuckmej wrote:Lopez is falling because he sucks. If I were a team needing a young center I would trade down and take Hibbert.

Hell trade your pick to PDX for Frye who is better than Lopez.

Kinda along the same thought I hope PDX invites Pittsnoggle to Summer League. That guy who played at WV a couple seasons ago. I think he can be alot like Brad Miller.

LMAO thats a hell of a name...
Patches Pal
Sophomore

Post#6 » by Patches Pal » Sun Jun 1, 2008 4:38 am

The centers are all going to fall. Most should go 15-30 in this draft. Lopez is probably the only one that will get significant playing time. The rest all need two years to get ready. They are coming out too early.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers