ImageImage

Miles Tryout in Boston .....

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Miles Tryout in Boston ..... 

Post#1 » by Ripcity4life » Fri Jul 4, 2008 6:15 pm

Looks like Ainge is giving Darius a shot ......

I pray my Nightmare is not coming true .........

Also here is a link to this info and whats makes it worse is there is a report on Hoopsworld. Its says Miles impresses the Celtics again i cannot see it happening him signing there but still its something to monitor.

Here is link to article its in there mid-day report last item --

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9363
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Re: Miles Tryout in Boston ..... 

Post#2 » by britblazerdude » Fri Jul 4, 2008 6:17 pm

Oh God, if D-Miles wins a **** NBA ring then I will **** kill someone.
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#3 » by Klinky » Fri Jul 4, 2008 6:19 pm

That would be a big "Screw You" move by Ainge... I am wondering what "impresses" means. If he was that impressive I am sure we would have just kept him on. I am pretty sure KP is confident he will not be resigned or else he would not have done the medical write-off procedures...
Circus Americano!
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#4 » by Sinobas » Fri Jul 4, 2008 6:34 pm

Maybe the "NBA Source" is Mile's agent, why else would they remain anonymous?
GOBlazers
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#5 » by GOBlazers » Fri Jul 4, 2008 6:35 pm

This is terrifying, I think I crapped my pants.... brb :D
GOBlazers
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by GOBlazers » Fri Jul 4, 2008 6:44 pm

Klinky wrote:That would be a big "Screw You" move by Ainge... I am wondering what "impresses" means. If he was that impressive I am sure we would have just kept him on. I am pretty sure KP is confident he will not be resigned or else he would not have done the medical write-off procedures...

I don't think there's anything to lose by the medical write-off. Its a roll of the dice. Best case scenario, Miles is off the blazers roster/salary and PA pays less luxury tax. Worst case scenario, the salary cap is what it would have been anyway (and PA pays what he would have anyway)

We cut him, hoping he would never play again. A good move IMO, but looks like Ainge wants revenge for KP screwing him out of Brandon Roy. :usa:
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#7 » by JD45 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 6:55 pm

It is very unlikely he makes a comeback.

The injury he had does not prohibit him from performing, but it does cause him trouble over time. After a workout the knee probably swells and hurts. The more activity, the more swelling and pain. So while he might be OK for a single workout, he almost certainly can't withstand the repetitive pounding of practice and games.
nikolokolus
Junior
And1: 0

Post#8 » by nikolokolus » Fri Jul 4, 2008 7:01 pm

I don't know if it should be believed, but I remember Jason Quick reporting at the time of the medical retirement, that the examining physician said it was the worst knee he had ever seen ... even if Boston is enamored of him, he'd still have to pass a physical, and if the knee really is that bad I'd be curious to see if the league would clear him so soon after declaring him unfit.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#9 » by Spykes » Fri Jul 4, 2008 7:09 pm

Worst case scenario, Miles does actually come back and is able to play in 10 games. Even then, Portland still has Raef's expiring contract to use as trade bait between now and next seasons trade deadline. So I'm still not real worried yet.
AZ BLAZER
Starter
And1: 0

Post#10 » by AZ BLAZER » Fri Jul 4, 2008 7:18 pm

GOBlazers wrote:This is terrifying, I think I crapped my pants.... brb :D

This may help with that!

http://www.drinkalot.com/Videos/564/Oop ... _pants.htm
TradeMachine
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#11 » by TradeMachine » Fri Jul 4, 2008 7:50 pm

:lol:

Yeah right. The day he gets back on the court is the day he cares about basketball.

That ain't happening.

Even if it does, his knees are shot, and he'd most likely make his situation worse than it actually is.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#12 » by BlackMamba » Fri Jul 4, 2008 8:13 pm

well, i think the main idea for getting him to "retire" was more for team/chemistry thing than for the money he would save for the blazers.

and well he could also finally play with KG.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#13 » by farzi » Fri Jul 4, 2008 8:17 pm

Further proof Ainge is a terrible GM?
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
GOBlazers
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by GOBlazers » Fri Jul 4, 2008 8:20 pm

I didn't realize his knee was that bad. I guess the question is, how badly does Ainge want revenge? It sure wouldn't cost much to pay him the minimum
:usa:
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#15 » by mojomarc » Fri Jul 4, 2008 8:59 pm

Why does this have to be abou Ainge wanting revenge? Seriously--it's not like we'll be competing with them in the 2009 free agent market, and it's very unlikely we'll be playing in the finals against them next year. I really get bugged by everyone on here looking at this as some sort of personal attack against KP when any GM that signed an unfit player like MIles for a season (which would be necessary to "screw KP") would have to want to screw KP so badly that he was willing to risk his job on it. That ain't gonna happen.

The fact of the matter is that Miles' agent is out promoting MIles to teams that need a SF backup and saying he's healthy to help his client, and teams that are looking for third string SFs are going to be interested in him because if he can play he's going to be far better than your aveage third stringer. That's all. For the love of all that's good and holy give the revenge angle a rest guys.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,842

Post#16 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Jul 4, 2008 9:18 pm

It doesn't really matter. His knee is horrible, he has a ten game drug suspension he has to serve, and if another team signs him Portland can send in a petition to keep his contract off the books by having his knee re-examined.
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#17 » by SabasRevenge! » Fri Jul 4, 2008 9:29 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:It doesn't really matter. His knee is horrible, he has a ten game drug suspension he has to serve, and if another team signs him Portland can send in a petition to keep his contract off the books by having his knee re-examined.

If he plays, his knee will flare up and he'll be out shortly after he comes back. His knee is done. Wasn't it both knees?
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,842

Post#18 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Jul 4, 2008 9:42 pm

I believe he has tendinitis in one knee and had the micro-fracture in the other. The one that had micro-fracture had some surgery before that to get out loose fragments and swelling before-hand if I recall.
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#19 » by Klinky » Fri Jul 4, 2008 9:47 pm

mojomarc wrote: I really get bugged by everyone on here looking at this as some sort of personal attack against KP when any GM that signed an unfit player like MIles for a season (which would be necessary to "screw KP") would have to want to screw KP so badly that he was willing to risk his job on it. That ain't gonna happen.

I wouldn't say it's about revenge, but obviously all the GMs out there would know the situation. They also know of Miles' faulty knees, lack of energy & drug issues. I would find the motives of anyone who signed him suspicious. Also I would have my doubts that he would be better than a 3rd stringer on the court. If he could even step on the court in a real game again. More or less I am suggesting it's an issue of ethics & not revenge. Though one could say ethics go out the window when you're trying to wheel & deal in the NBA.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#20 » by PDXKnight » Fri Jul 4, 2008 10:48 pm

According to the Boston Board, the Celtics are also working out Harrison, O'Bryant, and Chris Anderson, so take this for what you will. Ainge is probably just seeing what Miles could bring to the Celtics and if his injury is as severe as it supposedly is, Miles won't be signed by ANY NBA team any time soon.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers