ImageImage

Miles Tryout in Boston .....

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

thegreatblaze
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Miles Tryout in Boston ..... 

Post#21 » by thegreatblaze » Fri Jul 4, 2008 10:50 pm

That would be incredibly dumb for the Celtics. You're talking about a guy with horrible knees, who's a cancer and doesn't even like basketball. I cant see their motive is other than completely trying to screw us over.
DeezXXnutZ
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#22 » by DeezXXnutZ » Fri Jul 4, 2008 10:58 pm

Miles won't be playing in the NBA this year and probably not for at least the next three years...No one has ever came back and played that has medically been deemed unplayable by the NBA doctors....
UGotThrilled
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#23 » by UGotThrilled » Sat Jul 5, 2008 7:35 am

I have a question about technicalities. Say that in the next season, Miles does not play, which means that the cap space plan is intact. So we sign a FA with all of our cap space. The following year, Miles comes back for another team, putting his salary back on the books. That wouldnt affect our free agent signing, would it? Because technically we shouldnt have been able to sign that player because Miles' salary should have been on the books at that time. IDK, can anyone confirm what would happen one way or another?
sabi
Lead Assistant
And1: 27

Post#24 » by sabi » Sat Jul 5, 2008 9:01 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:It doesn't really matter. His knee is horrible, he has a ten game drug suspension he has to serve, and if another team signs him Portland can send in a petition to keep his contract off the books by having his knee re-examined.
Yeah, I'm not scared at all
Prodigy73 wrote:
fredericklove wrote:Chill out, bro. Things will get better when we face the next 3 games in Nets, Mavs and Rockets, relax, chill.

If we go 0-3 during that Imma chillllllllllllll
RoytoOden
Sophomore

Post#25 » by RoytoOden » Sat Jul 5, 2008 9:23 am

britblazerdude wrote:Oh God, if D-Miles wins a **** NBA ring then I will **** kill someone.
Not to worry signing miles just about guarantees they will not be doing a lot of winning untill they ship him out again.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#26 » by mojomarc » Sat Jul 5, 2008 3:09 pm

UGotThrilled wrote:I have a question about technicalities. Say that in the next season, Miles does not play, which means that the cap space plan is intact. So we sign a FA with all of our cap space. The following year, Miles comes back for another team, putting his salary back on the books. That wouldnt affect our free agent signing, would it? Because technically we shouldnt have been able to sign that player because Miles' salary should have been on the books at that time. IDK, can anyone confirm what would happen one way or another?

No--we'd be fine if that happened, just Paul Allen would be paying luxury tax on a higher amount.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#27 » by Effigy » Sat Jul 5, 2008 5:44 pm

While I'd prefer he not even try a comeback, remember that Jay Williams tried out several times with teams to convince them that he was ok and he never made it.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#28 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sat Jul 5, 2008 8:12 pm

GoBlazers said it best... worse case scenario is things end up the way they'd have ended up anyways. I'm with mojo on the whole Boston thing...

We screwed them out of Roy AND Oden, hahahahahaha.
pr0nny
Senior

Post#29 » by pr0nny » Sat Jul 5, 2008 8:15 pm

The only way I'd be pissed is if Miles played 10 games for them and that's it. Because then it's obvious foul play.
nikolokolus
Junior

Post#30 » by nikolokolus » Sat Jul 5, 2008 9:23 pm

pr0nny wrote:The only way I'd be pissed is if Miles played 10 games for them and that's it. Because then it's obvious foul play.

And if that were the case I think the Blazers would have a pretty strong case if they submitted a complaint to the league.

Darius must be burning through the cash pretty fast if he's already trying to secure another deal with a team.
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#31 » by Mr Odd » Sat Jul 5, 2008 9:29 pm

I could come out of retirement and fix things if im paid.

Non-lethal/high status: $15,000
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#32 » by Yadadimean » Sat Jul 5, 2008 9:49 pm

I think we should just get Jeff Gilooly to take care of Miles' knees for good.
Signature
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Mr Odd » Sat Jul 5, 2008 9:58 pm

Yadadimean wrote:I think we should just get Jeff Gilooly to take care of Miles' knees for good.

He was horrible, he got cought!!
They didnt have a very good plan, thats for sure.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#34 » by Yadadimean » Sat Jul 5, 2008 10:06 pm

Mr Odd wrote:
Yadadimean wrote:I think we should just get Jeff Gilooly to take care of Miles' knees for good.

He was horrible, he got cought!!
They didnt have a very good plan, thats for sure.

yeah, now that you mention it, he was horrible. kerrigan even went on to get the silver. well we could always hire lorena bobbitt.
Signature
BigSkyBlazerFan
Sophomore

Post#35 » by BigSkyBlazerFan » Sun Jul 6, 2008 6:15 am

Nothing against Miles But, I kind of doubt he will recover after being dropped because
of what was said to be a career ending injury or that’s what I heard before his release.
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Mr Odd » Sun Jul 6, 2008 6:25 am

Lets hire Niko Bellic!!
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
Zyme
Bench Warmer
And1: 28

Post#37 » by Zyme » Sun Jul 6, 2008 7:00 am

Mr Odd wrote:Lets hire Niko Bellic!!

He's kinda pricey, remember what he made francis McReary for those hits, I hope you can afford that because I cant.
LaMarcus for Heisman!!!

Roster:Lillard/Mathews/Batum*/LA/Lopez

*Its not pronounced with a !@#$ing s, he's french. It's Nico-la, not Nico-las.

—Peace!
vtime
Rookie
And1: 247

Post#38 » by vtime » Sun Jul 6, 2008 1:02 pm

shouldnt you guys just wish him the best? Its not your money you would be paying if he makes a comeback.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#39 » by mojomarc » Sun Jul 6, 2008 1:12 pm

vtime wrote:shouldnt you guys just wish him the best? Its not your money you would be paying if he makes a comeback.

If he makes comeback, he makes it impossible for us to sign a max free agent in the 2009 offseason, which would make it more difficult for us to build the dynasty that we want. Miles gets paid regardless, the only question is about cap space, and as fans that is, in a sense, our money.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#40 » by JD45 » Sun Jul 6, 2008 1:23 pm

vtime wrote:shouldnt you guys just wish him the best? Its not your money you would be paying if he makes a comeback.

"The Best" would be for him to conserve his money and get on with his life. If he makes a team, it will be for the vet minimum and he would likely make his knee even worse. He can probably still get around in normal life, but at some point the knee gets so bad it doesn't even work for everyday uses. Better to forgo that last year or two of minimum pay than have to have a knee replacement before his 40th birthday.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat

Return to Portland Trail Blazers