ImageImage

Can Rudy Wear a "Rudy" jersey...

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Re: Can Rudy Wear a "Rudy" jersey... 

Post#21 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:41 pm

im pretty sure hes going with his last name or theywouldnt be selling his jerseys already if they didnt know
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

Sugatas
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Sugatas » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:59 am

frangs wrote:The point, at least in Spain, is this: Fernández on a jersey sounds ridiculous.
Fernández is like Smith in USA. And calling someone Fernández, Pérez, García, etc.. (all very common surnames) sounds like how office workers used to call each other 30 years ago in the office. Sounds like a joke.
That's why, for example, Raúl González (famous soccer player for Real Madrid) has Raúl on his jersey.
When the surname is not common, like for example, Gasol, you can use it and it doesnt sound weird like Fernandez, Perez. etc...

Now I was thinking of Raül López who played like two or three years for Utah and he had López on his jersey (López is even more common than Fernández).

What about Vazquez, Pepe Sanchez, Vldal, Ribas, Suarez, etc? Anyway, I still found funny your post
The Emcee
General Manager
And1: 156

Post#23 » by The Emcee » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:07 pm

Plus, in the NBA how many Fernandezes are there? People can figure it out.
frangs
Senior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by frangs » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:23 pm

Sugatas wrote:
frangs wrote:The point, at least in Spain, is this: Fernández on a jersey sounds ridiculous.
Fernández is like Smith in USA. And calling someone Fernández, Pérez, García, etc.. (all very common surnames) sounds like how office workers used to call each other 30 years ago in the office. Sounds like a joke.
That's why, for example, Raúl González (famous soccer player for Real Madrid) has Raúl on his jersey.
When the surname is not common, like for example, Gasol, you can use it and it doesnt sound weird like Fernandez, Perez. etc...

Now I was thinking of Raül López who played like two or three years for Utah and he had López on his jersey (López is even more common than Fernández).

What about Vazquez, Pepe Sanchez, Vldal, Ribas, Suarez, etc? Anyway, I still found funny your post

True, my bad.
Trying to find an explanation for Rudy Fernández having "Rudy" on his ACB shirt I left my imagination to work too much.... :oops: What I said before is applicable in part when speaking but it has nothing to do with the shirts.
It's a matter of taste... hehe... and he can choose: Rodolfo "Rudy" Fernández Farrés

Return to Portland Trail Blazers