ImageImage

HEY,TBPUP

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

HEY,TBPUP 

Post#1 » by soobias » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:28 am

just got to ask you ,is that it for the off-season.
i could of sworn you said on draft night that was just the 1st move.
kind of hoping there's more to come ,like devin harris,granger,something like that.
keep us posted.

by the way how many in management don,t like nate. just give me a percentage.
thanks
sabi
Lead Assistant
And1: 27

Re: HEY,TBPUP 

Post#2 » by sabi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:49 am

lol
Prodigy73 wrote:
fredericklove wrote:Chill out, bro. Things will get better when we face the next 3 games in Nets, Mavs and Rockets, relax, chill.

If we go 0-3 during that Imma chillllllllllllll
ph1sh55
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by ph1sh55 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:11 am

there will be some small tweaks around the trade deadline
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#4 » by J~Rush » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:29 am

Can you also tell us what percentage of management is better at shooting three pointers than Joel Pzrybilla?
e
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#5 » by farzi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:31 am

100%
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#6 » by PDXKnight » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:43 am

I'm no TBPup, but I'd say the Blazers are done looking for a PG as they see Bayless as their PG of the future now. KP obviously wouldn't pass up on a Granger or Harris for the right price but their respective teams seem to value them VERY highly and it's doubtful they'd part with them for anything reasonable.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,534

Post#7 » by zzaj » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 am

I'm no TBpup either, but Blazer Brass will know a lot more about the developing players on the team come trade deadline time. I could see the Blazers making a relatively big move at that time...especially around the SF position. For expample, I have a feeling if Webster doesn't show a similar learning curve as last year, he's gone.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#8 » by PDXKnight » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:51 pm

The starting SF is the only glaring weakness for the Blazers right now and l could also see them dealing for an SF come trade deadline. In this scenario, I think Outlaw or Webster would have to be included to maximize the trade value and prevent too much of a logjam at SF (most likely Webster, but also keep in mind that Outlaw has much more value.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#9 » by BlackMamba » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:59 pm

i don't think the blazers need any moves, not yet. i like how the team looks, it's a pretty solid team and we should give martell an opportunity to prove himself.
SoHo
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by SoHo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:05 pm

I think it's pretty likely we stay put for now. There was a lot of talk around draft time concerning our cap space next summer, so it seems as if we are likely to follow through with that plan and just see how players develop until that point.

We're probably looking at the same mentality we've had since the season ended, if it doesn't knock KP's socks off, we're staying put and seeing where our current players can take us. If they don't perform up to expectations or we need some help getting over the hump and into the playoffs I think we'll be active around the deadline, but if we're looking good, we'll probably wait til the offseason and use our cap space.
ebott
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#11 » by ebott » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:28 pm

I am also not TBPUP.
Green Apple wrote:Portland fans are and have been some of the great citizens of basketball, they are a sea of basketball knowledge and passion.
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#12 » by soobias » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:28 pm

i like the team the way it sits now,just wondering is there anything to come in the upcoming months.
just wanted to know cuz tbpup said on draft night this is part 1.
NateMustGo
Starter
And1: 1

Post#13 » by NateMustGo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:03 pm

I still would not be suprised to see a upgrade at point just because Bayless is so young and Blake is still the starter. We have a balanced lineup right now but we still have some assets to aquire that veteren if its a pg then we could trade Blake, Petko, Sergio, Freeland and Reaf if its a vet sf we want we still can trade Webster,Petco,Serge ,Freeland and Reaf so that can still take place before the start of the season. PS I'm also not the pup.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#14 » by Yadadimean » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:30 pm

ebott wrote:I am also not TBPUP.

"His name is Robert Paulson."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mqe7StMc1Xo
Signature
TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

Post#15 » by TBpup » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:39 pm

I guess since no one else is claiming to be TBpup, I'll take it for now. :P The idea this summer was to come in with 13-14 of the roster spots filled. They were able to send out more than they took in for the Bayless/Diogu for Rush/Jack/McRoberts trade which freed up one roster spot. Koponen is still a variable but with the potential of him being signed overseas for a 3-4 year contract, Portland may just decide to keep him here, especially if he shows well at Summer League.

If not, there are a couple of veteran types that they may look at for the additional roster spot. Don't expect that to come until many of the other FA/RFAs have already signed. Portland would use the veteran's minimum or a portion of the MLE if they find someone to fill a need. Surprisingly, Diogu, as young as he is kind of fills the banger, more veteran role they were looking for.

Right now, it is a 'see how all the youngsters develop' and how Roy/LMA play with newcomers Oden/Rudy. Summer League starts next week and we may get more of an idea then....cross your fingers for Petteri. I think he has a chance to be a unique, 'big' PG.

Obviously, Raef's contract is sitting out there come trade deadline time and if Portland is playing better than expected, KP could package that with a youngster or two and swap young quality/quantity for more veteran quality. There is also the possibility of trading his contract for one that is one year longer to have the option of doing it again next season if cap space doesn't look like a solid option for this summer.

:starwars
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#16 » by Spykes » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:48 pm

TBpup wrote:
Obviously, Raef's contract is sitting out there come trade deadline time and if Portland is playing better than expected, KP could package that with a youngster or two and swap young quality/quantity for more veteran quality. There is also the possibility of trading his contract for one that is one year longer to have the option of doing it again next season if cap space doesn't look like a solid option for this summer.

:starwars

That's an interesting idea. Hadn't thought of that one. It'd effectively kill any chance of the Blazers signing a FA, but it would give them extra time to find a team looking to dump a good player for cap savings. And with the 2010 FA class being as loaded as it is, there may be a few teams at that seasons trading deadline willing go full throttle after a guy like LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Boozer, etc.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 817

Post#17 » by tester551 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:00 pm

Spykes wrote:That's an interesting idea. Hadn't thought of that one. It'd effectively kill any chance of the Blazers signing a FA, but it would give them extra time to find a team looking to dump a good player for cap savings. And with the 2010 FA class being as loaded as it is, there may be a few teams at that seasons trading deadline willing go full throttle after a guy like LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Boozer, etc.

A trade like this would work for me:
Reaf + Segio
for
a) Ben Wallace or b) Antonio Danniels + Etan Thomas
listerine
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by listerine » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:00 pm

I'm not a CBA wiz, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a narrow window when we'll have tons of capspace. But after that, we'll have to resign many of our guys. So if we trade Raef's contract for one a year later, wouldn't the capspace have already been eaten up by our own players? I thought that's why everything was being positioned for the "cap space plan" to take effect next summer.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 817

Post#19 » by tester551 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:09 pm

listerine wrote:I'm not a CBA wiz, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a narrow window when we'll have tons of capspace. But after that, we'll have to resign many of our guys. So if we trade Raef's contract for one a year later, wouldn't the capspace have already been eaten up by our own players? I thought that's why everything was being positioned for the "cap space plan" to take effect next summer.

The idea is that since that there are so few players in the '09 FA market that we would want & could get (most of the good FAs will be restricted - and the teams would match) - that Portland would get expiring contracts for the '10 FA market (LeBron, Wade, Melo, etc). Portland would not be able to be under the cap for that FA market, but they could take a "Pau Gasol" type player in a salary dump from a team who can go after these players.
sketchturntable
Junior

Post#20 » by sketchturntable » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:10 pm

expirings arent just good for freeing up cap space...they are also VERY valuable in a trade senario...as seen in the Gasol/Kwame trade

Return to Portland Trail Blazers