Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Portland inquires about Monta Ellis? 

Post#1 » by Billy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Link

Chris Mullin said that talks on contracts for Ellis and Andris Biedrins, both restricted free agents, remain ongoing. And though a league source said Ellis has drawn sign-and-trade interest from the Heat, Cavs and Blazers, nothing is likely to materialize

Not much, but at least says Portland is making a call. Who would you trade for Ellis? Who would Portland have to give up?

Most likely it would have to be some sort of deal involving Bayless, Webster/Outlaw, Frye, Raef, picks and/or cash IMO. I don't see GS doing it. For Portland I think you have to strongly consider a move like this if it's available to you. Getting Ellis would be essentially jumping the gun so-to-speak and getting earlier dividends than you would out of Bayless.

But I wouldn't hold my breathe, and I'm more than happy with Bayless--who could be very good and we don't have to give up Travis, Frye or anyone like that to keep him.
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Re: Portland inquires about Monta Ellis? 

Post#2 » by Billy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Still can't figure out how to merge, will keep this in Spyke's thread... but I will argue it was a tie. :P

Return to Portland Trail Blazers