Moderators: codydaze, City of Trees, KF10

OxAndFox
Senior
And1: 335

Re: 22-23 General Thread 

Post#61 » by OxAndFox » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:04 pm

blind prophet wrote:Fantastic + positive video about the Kings

Some intrigues...

There has only been one finals appearance in the current top 4 in the West in their franchises history.

But towards the end of the video, this may surprise you, but certain lineups with the Kings are near the top of the NBA defensively too.

Yep I saw that too, defensively (spoke about it in other thread). Was good to hear some positivity come the Kings' way.
BoogieTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,071

Post#62 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:42 am

hopefully dumb Vivek extends monte soon before there will be serious competition for his services
OxAndFox
Senior

Post#63 » by OxAndFox » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:32 pm

BoogieTime wrote:hopefully dumb Vivek extends monte soon before there will be serious competition for his services

It's too late. Talks would be off from Monte's crew stating "we're focused on getting this squad to the POs."
It's code for we are going to take you to the cleaners if this team makes the POs.
KingFox
Analyst
And1: 3,086

Post#64 » by KingFox » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:36 pm

BoogieTime wrote:hopefully dumb Vivek extends monte soon before there will be serious competition for his services

Vivek isn't dumb at all IMO, i mean ... he hired Monte to begin with and has gotten out of his way. I'm sure he'll get an extension
BoogieTime
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:21 pm

KingFox wrote:

Vivek isn't dumb at all IMO, i mean ... he hired Monte to begin with and has gotten out of his way. I'm sure he'll get an extension

left to his own devices he hired Vlade, a research firm found monte.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,734

Post#66 » by City of Trees » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:01 pm

Huge loss for Memphis

Read on Twitter
OxAndFox
Senior

Post#67 » by OxAndFox » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:49 am

Shout out to the Rookie for the month of January. Should be another rookie of the month.
14/5.9/1.2
FG% - .510
3P% - .494
FT% - .933
9 steals, 6 blocks, and only 7 turnovers total in more than 32mpg.
Kings were 9-6 for the month and Keegan had the highest offensive rating of his season.
BoogieTime
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:55 am

OxAndFox wrote:Shout out to the Rookie for the month of January. Should be another rookie of the month.
14/5.9/1.2
FG% - .510
3P% - .494
FT% - .933
Kings were 9-6 for the month and Keegan had the highest offensive rating of his season.

hes been doing better for sure. nice rebounding improvement (although still not PF standard level). he's been showing elite shooting and some improving BBIQ as well. but I dont know if you needed to include the bolded, that still isn't standard PF, if hes staying at the position besides Sabonis the rim protection needs to get better as well
OxAndFox
Senior

Post#69 » by OxAndFox » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:54 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:Shout out to the Rookie for the month of January. Should be another rookie of the month.
14/5.9/1.2
FG% - .510
3P% - .494
FT% - .933

hes been doing better for sure. nice rebounding improvement (although still not PF standard level). he's been showing elite shooting and some improving BBIQ as well. but I dont know if you needed to include the bolded, that still isn't standard PF, if hes staying at the position besides Sabonis the rim protection needs to get better as well

That's fair. I don't see him as a PF though. More of a wing and he and Barnes are switchable depending on match ups. That is another reason why Barnes is so vital IMO.
I included the bolded part because I don't just want to highlight his good stuff. Lay it all out there. I agree the steals and blocks aren't enough even though he is playing far more solid D than earlier in the season.
BoogieTime
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by BoogieTime » Yesterday 3:41 am

props to Sabonis. as I wouldve predicted his all stardom and Fox's lack thereof.

I'm seeing a lot of our local media not happy about Fox being left off. Obviously I'm not his biggest supporter in the world, but I dont really see the case other than the record of our team. Setting aside that Ja,SGA,George, and Dame are just flat out statistically more impactful, you know how I feel about Fox's consistency issues. Fox has had a good and improved season, and the clutch stats in particular are impressive and what they are, but at its core you still need to know what your getting from a player game to game and quarter to quarter. Fox has done a rather solid job, but not an all star job, of fighting that motor to some consistency, but there is another level he needs to get to.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#71 » by OGSactownballer » Yesterday 6:56 am

BoogieTime wrote:props to Sabonis. as I wouldve predicted his all stardom and Fox's lack thereof.

I'm seeing a lot of our local media not happy about Fox being left off. Obviously I'm not his biggest supporter in the world, but I dont really see the case other than the record of our team. Setting aside that Ja,SGA,George, and Dame are just flat out statistically more impactful, you know how I feel about Fox's consistency issues. Fox has had a good and improved season, and the clutch stats in particular are impressive and what they are, but at its core you still need to know what your getting from a player game to game and quarter to quarter. Fox has done a rather solid job, but not an all star job, of fighting that motor to some consistency, but there is another level he needs to get to.

You really shownyournlackmifnkniwledgenabiht how basketball works when you intentionally ignore the fact that genus far and away the most clutch fourth quarter player in the NBA (by actual numbers).

What else do you need? The guy simply steps up at the most important time of the game and puts the team in his shoulders. That’s beyond just all star, that’s MVP/superstar stuff.

But whatever. I’ve watched you crap all over Fox for years and your moniker pretty much gives it away as to why.

Sorry board, but I’m pretty tired of this garbage.
OxAndFox
Senior

Post#72 » by OxAndFox » Yesterday 6:58 am

BoogieTime wrote:props to Sabonis. as I wouldve predicted his all stardom and Fox's lack thereof.

I think one thing none of us can accuse the Kings of is running a poor AS campaign for Sabonis and Fox. They really gave it a good shake and Fox couldn't have been far away.
In some ways I look at it as how far the Kings have come on and off the floor. The organisation putting an AS campaign around players etc. Now the marketing dept. and media need to turn their attention to Mike Brown as COY. They should have "coach" of the year for the coaches that actually teach and "manager" of the year for the guys like Doc, Nate, Kidd, Thibs and all the others.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,734

Post#73 » by City of Trees » Yesterday 5:09 pm

City of Trees wrote:The latest MVP ladder continues to have Sabonis ranked in the 10-15 range. Does anyone think he can crack the top 10 at some point?
He did it. Sabonis is #8 in the latest MVP ladder rankings.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 506

Post#74 » by Silver Man » Yesterday 5:40 pm

For anyone who cares Bill Simmons just dropped his trade value rankings:
Keegan in "Toughest Omissions" section
Fox #53 with Jalen Brunson #54 and Andrew Wiggins #52
Sabonis #31 with Lauri Markkanen #32 and Paul George #30

Return to Sacramento Kings