Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1461 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 pm

blind prophet wrote:
dozencousins wrote:Per my source :

Kings are overall not happy with George Hill as he isn't that happy either . I am told their is a very strong chance he will be traded at some point this season . Also if he gets healthy WCS as well could get traded he or Koufas 1 of is highly likely to be traded . Also Malachi Richardson could get dealt though I would not be unhappy about that but I have no say so .

The team that has the biggest interest in Hill and could also take Koufas is Clevland . I am not making the claim that we will trade with Clevland as of yet if that does happen look for it to involve Hill plus Koufas or Stein for Love . I know the Cavs would rather give up Thompson but I am confident the Kings brass would not do it unless Love was involved .
I had also heard that the Cavs could possibly re-trade their acquired pick via Boston & that if a trade happens could be acquired via Kings .

I will be honest and admit I do not know for a fact if Hill can be traded yet or not based on the signing ? I don't think he can be . That said unless things turn around big time I know he will be dealt barring any injury .

Anyone taking that contract albatross without us having to give incentive should be fired.

The Cavs are in a unique situation and I think Hill would fill a ton of their needs. No way can the Kings get anything great for him, but they shouldn't have to provide incentive.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#1462 » by blind prophet » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:33 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
blind prophet wrote:
Anyone taking that contract albatross without us having to give incentive should be fired.

The Cavs are in a unique situation and I think Hill would fill a ton of their needs. No way can the Kings get anything great for him, but they shouldn't have to provide incentive.

I disagree they'd want to commit to him at 20 mil next year.

I think he's immovable without incentive or a equally bad contract coming back.

We won't send any asset out most likely because we are not trying to win this year.

So the way to phrase this should be, "What equally bad or worse horrible contract can Hill's return?"
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#1463 » by blind prophet » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:36 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:I think I posted this before, Hill for Frye and Shumpert and the Cavs first if they own it. Gets the Kings some relief initially.

So they give up an expiring, and a player option at 11 million for Hill's 20 mil next season + 1 mil the following obligation, plus send a pick our way?

Not a chance.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1464 » by City of Trees » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:51 pm

blind prophet wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

We won't send any asset out most likely because we are not trying to win this year.

So the way to phrase this should be, "What equally bad or worse horrible contract can Hill's return?"

I believe his current play wont have a huge impact on his trade value. George Hill has a long record of game tape for teams to know who he is. At this point his value comes down to who can absorb his contract and what contracts do they have to send back. He's not a negative value instead he's hard to move.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#1465 » by blind prophet » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:04 am

City of Trees wrote:
blind prophet wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

I believe his current play wont have a huge impact on his trade value. George Hill has a long record of game tape for teams to know who he is. At this point his value comes down to who can absorb his contract and what contracts do they have to send back. He's not a negative value instead he's hard to move.

Realgmer's disagree.

viewtopic.php?t=1632851

This was from over a month ago, without the addition of under performing play of the last month.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#1466 » by sacking123 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:37 am

blind prophet wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Realgmer's disagree.

viewtopic.php?t=1632851

This was from over a month ago, without the addition of under performing play of the last month.

Lucky RealGM isn’t the authority on trade value and I wouldn’t hold what posters say as anything concrete in relation to how teams view a player/s.
In reality it will be hard to move Hill, however we just need the right situation to present itself.
If we can wipe his contract off for next season, good, anything outside of that and we will need incentive. If not then just keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1467 » by City of Trees » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:47 am

blind prophet wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Realgmer's disagree.

viewtopic.php?t=1632851

I'm not too concerned with Realgmer's disagreeing. More often than not their value is off.

SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1468 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:33 am

blind prophet wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:I think I posted this before, Hill for Frye and Shumpert and the Cavs first if they own it. Gets the Kings some relief initially.

So they give up an expiring, and a player option at 11 million for Hill's 20 mil next season + 1 mil the following obligation, plus send a pick our way?

Not a chance.

Hill is overpaid, but not that much if you find a team like the Cavs that could use him. Lets face it, Rose is probably a bust for them, Calderon ain't getting it done and IT and Hill could work very well together if IT comes back to full strength which is still a question mark. The Cavs are all in now. They would also still have the option of using that pick from the Nets to either win now, or keep as a fall back in case Bron leaves. I can't see them getting anything special or with the potential to fill a role for them with their spare parts.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1469 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:34 am

blind prophet wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Realgmer's disagree.

viewtopic.php?t=1632851

And they've been blindsided by real value before, they will be again. :lol:
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#1470 » by jazanetti » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:00 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:The Cavs are all in now.

I don't think so. Altman did a good job for the future. He won't move out his assets until Lebron's final decision. One more thing: Cavs can trade only one of their 2018 1st round picks.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1471 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 pm

jazanetti wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:The Cavs are all in now.

I don't think so. Altman did a good job for the future. He won't move out his assets until Lebron's final decision. One more thing: Cavs can trade only one of their 2018 1st round picks.

That's why a deal for something like this would work for them. The Kings aren't getting that Nets pick, which is declining in value a bit BTW, so they could still hang onto that like I stated above. They are all in the sense that they probably won't be looking to be sellers at the deadline. They have a shot to win another ring.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#1472 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:47 am

simonbampfield wrote:
blind prophet wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I believe his current play wont have a huge impact on his trade value. George Hill has a long record of game tape for teams to know who he is. At this point his value comes down to who can absorb his contract and what contracts do they have to send back. He's not a negative value instead he's hard to move.

Realgmer's disagree.

viewtopic.php?t=1632851

Lucky RealGM isn’t the authority on trade value and I wouldn’t hold what posters say as anything concrete in relation to how teams view a player/s.
In reality it will be hard to move Hill, however we just need the right situation to present itself.
If we can wipe his contract off for next season, good, anything outside of that and we will need incentive. If not then just keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Agreed. A bunch of good years of play isn't completely cancelled out by 2 bad months.

I think the reason he's been playing bad has more to do with Joerger and not suddenly falling off.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#1473 » by dozencousins » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:28 am

I don't have any real additional info via source other than the fact that Hill is more likely going to be traded sooner rather than later . That is only though if the Kings can get the type of deal they want . They want to nab a solid future pick in a deal preferred . If not they will be looking for a young vet with a lot of upside in a deal along with likely a vet on a 1 year deal possibly 2 year at worse depending on situation & contract .
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#1474 » by blind prophet » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Hill is 6th in the NBA in 3p% at 47%, followed by Buddy at 8th at 46%

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct

As a team we are 4th in the NBA in 3p%

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/three-point-pct

Kind of crazy all these years wanting some decent shooting, now we are hitting them but overall offensively we need a lot of help.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#1475 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:41 pm

blind prophet wrote:Hill is 6th in the NBA in 3p% at 47%, followed by Buddy at 8th at 46%

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct

Kind of crazy all these years wanting some decent shooting, now we are hitting them but overall offensively we need a lot of help.

Happened to be floating around as you posted this. Again it goes to show how incompetent Joerger is. We are 4th in the league in 3pt% and yet we shoot the least amount in the league...

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/three-pointers-attempted-per-game

Meanwhile Randolph and Skal are top 5 in the league on postups. Go figure. Fox, Mason, Hield, Bogdan, Jackson 5 young talented guys.. I've got a great idea! Lets run our offense through 38 year old Randolph and when hes out we should run the offense through career backup Kosta Koufos! Oh and we will continue to let Garrett cant hit a bucket Temple play even though he hasn't hit a shot in a week!

Its amazing how much better we do letting Bogdan handle the ball, Hield spot up for 3s, and WCS rolling to the paint. But why roll with a good offense that helps the rookies when you have a coach who wants to do it his way regardless of personnel,.

I can honestly say coming into this season I was more excited then i've been in 5 years, and now I can't stomach watching the game.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#1476 » by sacking123 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:46 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:Hill is 6th in the NBA in 3p% at 47%, followed by Buddy at 8th at 46%

Happened to be floating around as you posted this. Again it goes to show how incompetent Joerger is. We are 4th in the league in 3pt% and yet we shoot the least amount in the league...

Meanwhile Randolph and Skal are top 5 in the league on postups. Go figure. Fox, Mason, Hield, Bogdan, Jackson 5 young talented guys.. I've got a great idea! Lets run our offense through 38 year old Randolph and when hes out we should run the offense through career backup Kosta Koufos! Oh and we will continue to let Garrett cant hit a bucket Temple play even though he hasn't hit a shot in a week!

Its amazing how much better we do letting Bogdan handle the ball, Hield spot up for 3s, and WCS rolling to the paint. But why roll with a good offense that helps the rookies when you have a coach who wants to do it his way regardless of personnel,.

I can honestly say coming into this season I was more excited then i've been in 5 years, and now I can't stomach watching the game.

This is the concerning thing for me and I have backed Coach Joerger with everything.
However the most puzzling thing for me, and I think the fans in general, is that why are we running the offense through Randolph?
I really could get it if Randolph was teaching the guy behind him how to do it and he was our future superstar. But that isn't the case, unless Joerger views Skal and WCS are the next/new/modern Randolph and Gasol?
We have so many amazing players potential wise that we should just run with Fox, Mason, Buddy, Bogdan, JJ, Malachi, Skal, WCS and Papa and let the chips fall where they may.
Vince looks like he is ok with limited minutes, and I get the feeling he is here to kind of start his coaching career while getting paid plenty of money to do it.
Let's just get some vets in that will support the young players, know they are there to keep them in check, waive the towel at times and get paid good money to keep quiet.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Post#1477 » by cedric76 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Hill for Ross + hezonja (expiring) + Mack (non guaranteed next season)

Sac clears a lot of money in that trade

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1478 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:02 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

His style is inside out for sure which indeed does not fit a team where the majority of it's talent is situated on the wing or in the back court. Willie will often times take more shots from the post than in pick and roll. Anyone that thinks Willie leading your team offensively if not as a finish man at the rim, or as a spot up shooter is off their rocker.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1479 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:03 pm

cedric76 wrote:Hill for Ross + hezonja (expiring) + Mack (non guaranteed next season)

Sac clears a lot of money in that trade

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app

Hill overpaid or not should fetch some type of value.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1480 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:08 pm

simonbampfield wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

This is the concerning thing for me and I have backed Coach Joerger with everything.
However the most puzzling thing for me, and I think the fans in general, is that why are we running the offense through Randolph?
I really could get it if Randolph was teaching the guy behind him how to do it and he was our future superstar. But that isn't the case, unless Joerger views Skal and WCS are the next/new/modern Randolph and Gasol?
We have so many amazing players potential wise that we should just run with Fox, Mason, Buddy, Bogdan, JJ, Malachi, Skal, WCS and Papa and let the chips fall where they may.
Vince looks like he is ok with limited minutes, and I get the feeling he is here to kind of start his coaching career while getting paid plenty of money to do it.
Let's just get some vets in that will support the young players, know they are there to keep them in check, waive the towel at times and get paid good money to keep quiet.

This is a very interesting point that you don't hear anyone talk about much. Randolphs game really doesn't make anyone better either. I'm sure he could be showing moves to the young bigs during off days, or during practice but much of what he does is just like with Cuz, it's just natural talent. I will say Willie has appeared to have picked up a little spin move like Cuz so maybe that's where he got it but the point doesn't change. Watching Randolph iso is just as good on tape after the game as it is watching from the bench.

Vince is a different thing to me. He's literally the only player on the roster than can be that combo forward type. He's played a lot at PF and when the Kings go small they seem to become far more potent. That's the lineup stalling the tank lately.

Return to Sacramento Kings