Random Kings talk

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

SacSanity
Senior
And1: 89

Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1561 » by SacSanity » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:06 am

Sacramento_King wrote:
dozencousins wrote:Kings & Cavs as I mentioned way back in the thread are still talking we are now engaged with Charlotte as a 3rd team . If this does become the case that means Kings would likely get Kemba in a deal .

I have heard via my source that the 3 teams have talked in regards to .
While no deal is for sure I know the Cavs & Char are both pressing a deal to get done sooner rather than later .
Guess we will see if it gains a lot more traction or not ,

To Kings : Kemba & Williams + a pick ( unknown as of now )
To Cavs : Hill & Koufas
to Char : T.Thompson , Shumpert

I am not to fond of Williams at this point myself . I cannot see the Kings wanting to keep Williams if we get him unless their is another deal soon enough .

I call BS on this. No way that they move Kemba and what is owed to Williams just to take back Thompson and still pay Shump for an addl year. Absolutely no benefit to Charlotte as you have presented. They actually take on more money and worse players.

This happens every year... from the same person... with the same stories... that never happen.. ever. Of course this is bull. But watch, now that I said this, it's going to happen.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#1562 » by sacking123 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:17 am

becorz wrote:The real problem I am having with all these rumored deals is the Kings cap sheet next year. Right now, we have a full roster and out only guaranteed FA is Vince Carter. Replace him on the roster with our first round pick and you are right back in full roster territory. Kosta and Temple can become FA too, but I don't think they will choose that. And I don't see anyone on the team that is bad enough to flat out cut. I guess that would be Papa G, but are you really going to give up on a young center that fast?

The Kings really need to do some consolidating soon, or they are going to have a gigantic roster crunch.

The roster crunch is a reason why I really don't see Hill going anywhere. His almost contract is too big to trade without taking multiple people on...

This is part of the reason why I don’t see Hill being moved until the off season.
There will be more teams interested in him.
That is of course unless we cut someone from the roster which I would be surprised with.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#1563 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Would you all trade Hill + Kofous for Jr Smith (13.2M 3years) + Jeff Green(1 year Min) + Jose Calderon(1 year Min)? No picks attached either way?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#1564 » by kalenclayton » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:Would you all trade Hill + Kofous for Jr Smith (13.2M 3years) + Jeff Green(1 year Min) + Jose Calderon(1 year Min)? No picks attached either way?

Nope. For one, that doesn’t work salary-wise. Two, we don’t NEED to get rid of Hill. All of these reports are suggesting interest from the Cavs. They are not saying anything about Hill being a malcontent or asking for a trade. Heck, they don’t even say that the Kings are interested in trading for him.

The Kings don’t need to win this season, so there is no need to move Hill yet. Next year, he is basically an expiring contract, which makes him pretty valuable. The dude is still a really good player. He’s just in the wrong system with the wrong cast. Anyway, the Kings wouldn’t touch Smith. We don’t want that cancer around our young guys. His contract is awful and it costs more than Hill’s in ‘19.

I say all of this and I haven’t even mentioned Koufos, who is a slightly positive asset, and the fact that we would need to cut someone, which we can’t. The need to cut is the most important part. We don’t have anyone on the team is instantly cuttable. Our team is filled with rookie contracts and mentors.

The only way we move Hill is if we benefit from it. This trade does not do that. The only trade I could see the Kings doing is a variation of the following:
Cavs receive: Hill
Kings receive: Frye, Shumpert, ‘18 CLE 1st
3rd team receives: one of Koufos/Temple/Carter
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#1565 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:28 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:Would you all trade Hill + Kofous for Jr Smith (13.2M 3years) + Jeff Green(1 year Min) + Jose Calderon(1 year Min)? No picks attached either way?

Nope. For one, that doesn’t work salary-wise. Two, we don’t NEED to get rid of Hill. All of these reports are suggesting interest from the Cavs. They are not saying anything about Hill being a malcontent or asking for a trade. Heck, they don’t even say that the Kings are interested in trading for him.

The Kings don’t need to win this season, so there is no need to move Hill yet. Next year, he is basically an expiring contract, which makes him pretty valuable. The dude is still a really good player. He’s just in the wrong system with the wrong cast. Anyway, the Kings wouldn’t touch Smith. We don’t want that cancer around our young guys. His contract is awful and it costs more than Hill’s in ‘19.

I say all of this and I haven’t even mentioned Koufos, who is a slightly positive asset, and the fact that we would need to cut someone, which we can’t. The need to cut is the most important part. We don’t have anyone on the team is instantly cuttable. Our team is filled with rookie contracts and mentors.

The only way we move Hill is if we benefit from it. This trade does not do that. The only trade I could see the Kings doing is a variation of the following:

Would you trade WCS +Hill +Koufos+ Carter for the BKN pick + Thompson + Smith + Osman?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1566 » by kalenclayton » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:42 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

Would you trade WCS +Hill +Koufos+ Carter for the BKN pick + Thompson + Smith + Osman?

That’s a bit of a thinker. The BKN pick has lost a bit of its luster because the Nets are much better than expected. That pick Is probably the riskiest of lottery picks, but it also has a possibility of dropping to a top-5. That makes it interesting. I think this draft is a top-heavy one. If the Kings are confident the BKN pick falls in the top-7, then I think they consider it. If not, it’s not worth it. I already explained how I don’t like Smith. Thompson is a fine big, but he isn’t very versatile and has a bloated contract. Also, WCS is coming into his own and could be a really solid starter from here on. Those are the negatives that really make the Kings weary of pushing the button here.

One positive of doing a trade like this would be moving WCS so we don’t have to pay anyone in ‘19. That makes the influx of bloated contracts more bearable.

TLDR: I think the Kings would consider something like this, but they would still be weary of pulling the trigger.
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#1567 » by jazanetti » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:47 am

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

I don't like it. TT+JR are more than 30 millions of dead money for 3 years. Nets pick does not outweight it while WCS costs more than Osman and Hill is a positive asset. The trade is awful for Kings.
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#1568 » by Sacramento_King » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:18 am

jazanetti wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Nope. For one, that doesn’t work salary-wise. Two, we don’t NEED to get rid of Hill. All of these reports are suggesting interest from the Cavs. They are not saying anything about Hill being a malcontent or asking for a trade. Heck, they don’t even say that the Kings are interested in trading for him.

I don't like it. TT+JR are more than 30 millions of dead money for 3 years. Nets pick does not outweight it while WCS costs more than Osman and Hill is a positive asset. The trade is awful for Kings.

I would do WCS, Hill, KK, Malachi for BKN pick, TT, JR and Cedi.
Hill and KK on books for 27 mill next year while TT and JR make 32. TT on for 19 at 18.5 while JR would be bought out at 3.9 most likely way earlier. Cedi gets added to the core while we take a Bamba or Ayton in draft and hopefully one of the Luka, Bagley or Porter group gets to the Brooklyn pick and if not Mikal Bridges, Trae Young, Knox. Either way, we get more talent added possibly looking at:

Fox / Temple / Mason
Bogdan / Buddy
Porter / Osman / Jackson or Osman / Bridges / Jackson
Zach / Giles / Skal
Ayton / TT / Papa

We would still need a couple rookies to take next step to stardom obviously but good talent on squad.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1569 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:54 am

I like trading Hill to the Spurs for the Parker and a 2019 protected 1st

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1570 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:20 am

City of Trees wrote:I like trading Hill to the Spurs for the Parker and a 2019 protected 1st

I highly doubt the Spurs ever trade Parker. That organization is too loyal (which I envy a bit). I would do that trade for sure though. Heck, I’d do it without the pick just because I think Parker could have a ton of great tricks to teach Fox. Unfortunately, this trade wouldn’t happen even legally. Salary doesn’t work.
jazanetti
Junior

Post#1571 » by jazanetti » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:22 am

We have to trade Willie as soon as possible. His stupid decisions infuriate me almost every game. The only thing he can make rather stable - alley-oops.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1572 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I like trading Hill to the Spurs for the Parker and a 2019 protected 1st

I highly doubt the Spurs ever trade Parker. That organization is too loyal (which I envy a bit). I would do that trade for sure though. Heck, I’d do it without the pick just because I think Parker could have a ton of great tricks to teach Fox. Unfortunately, this trade wouldn’t happen even legally. Salary doesn’t work.

Pop has made Parker a permanent reserve and his contract is up after this season. From a Basketball pov it makes sense but youre right loyalty does play a factor.

Sending a cheap Spur reserve to the Suns for a 2nd rounder will make the trade legal

kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1573 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:14 pm

City of Trees wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

Pop has made Parker a permanent reserve and his contract is up after this season. From a Basketball pov it makes sense but youre right loyalty does play a factor.

Sending a cheap Spur reserve to the Suns for a 2nd rounder will make the trade legal

I agree that it would probably be smart for the Spurs to do this. The Spurs are just loyal to their stars and most high-level players. They wouldn’t want to jeopardize that reputation and I really think they love Tony too much to do that to him. Pop would care about Tony’s destination too much and Sac would not be the ideal one.
Castor_Troy
Senior
And1: 67

Post#1574 » by Castor_Troy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:58 pm

jazanetti wrote:We have to trade Willie as soon as possible. His stupid decisions infuriate me almost every game. The only thing he can make rather stable - alley-oops.

Uh yeah, I don't think that will be happening
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1575 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Castor_Troy wrote:
jazanetti wrote:We have to trade Willie as soon as possible. His stupid decisions infuriate me almost every game. The only thing he can make rather stable - alley-oops.

I am far less concerned with Willie’s decisions than Skal’s. Skal makes some very questionable decisions when he has an easy one right in front of him. The thing is, both guys are still learning and I think both guys are completely curable. Willie is being depended on and wants to contribute and get better. He has the confidence in himself and he’s done so much better than I expected. That being said, I could see us moving him if he brings back something substantial.
jazanetti
Junior

Post#1576 » by jazanetti » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:18 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
Castor_Troy wrote:

I am far less concerned with Willie’s decisions than Skal’s. Skal makes some very questionable decisions when he has an easy one right in front of him. The thing is, both guys are still learning and I think both guys are completely curable. Willie is being depended on and wants to contribute and get better. He has the confidence in himself and he’s done so much better than I expected. That being said, I could see us moving him if he brings back something substantial.

The difference is that Skal has some attacking skills, Willie doesn't. And Skal is younger and lot less experienced.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1577 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 pm

jazanetti wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
Castor_Troy wrote:

The difference is that Skal has some attacking skills, Willie doesn't. And Skal is younger and lot less experienced.

Willie has slightly below average attacking skills. I’ll give you that. What I see is that his post moves are clumsy, which can be cured. He just needs coaching on his footwork. He actually finishes well, which is a huge part of attacking. He uses his length really well to guide the ball.

Willie has the tools to be a VERY solid player in this league. We have a ton of time to figure this out. Willie’s progress offensively is huge compared to last year. If he can make a similar leap next year, I think you change your mind.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#1578 » by dozencousins » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Kings are close to sending Hill to the Cavs in a deal were Sac gets Shumpert , frye & a pick

before the deal may be done Kings are first looking to deal Koufas for a future pick or another deal were we trade 2 for 1 to create a roster spot .
bibby1023
Bench Warmer
And1: 208

Post#1579 » by bibby1023 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:33 pm

dozencousins wrote:Kings are close to sending Hill to the Cavs in a deal were Sac gets Shumpert , frye & a pick

before the deal may be done Kings are first looking to deal Koufas for a future pick or another deal were we trade 2 for 1 to create a roster spot .

You forgot to quote Woj.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#1580 » by dozencousins » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:45 pm

bibby1023 wrote:
dozencousins wrote:Kings are close to sending Hill to the Cavs in a deal were Sac gets Shumpert , frye & a pick

You forgot to quote Woj.

Nice try I mentioned this almost a week ago in this thread way before WOJ !

You don''t ever want to recognize . LMAO

Return to Sacramento Kings