Veteran
And1: 364

Re: Draft Watch 2018 

Post#181 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:02 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
At least this GM would have the guts to answer questions. :lol:

I think it could go either way with he or Ayton. I'll take Bagley over him right now however because I think he has better touch and more off the bounce potential. I also think if Joerger remains the coach Bagley would be perfect at the 4 for him.

SMH. Being strategic about what you say in the press is part of Vlade and Williams job. Once again a good reason they are there and your not, haha. ...like it's a real scenario s/.

I think we have 2 guys that we are grooming to be our future 4s on the team already. It would just create another logjam situation in terms of the Kings. But Bagley going 1st overall isn't realistic IMO.

I wasn't talking about Vlade and Williams. :wink:

Just like the future 5 they were grooming right? Like I said, I think this draft comes down to preference and won't solidify until later on. I personally think Ayton would go number 1 in most GM's eyes at the moment but that could change.

And as I said, I'll answer your every question when you respond to the overall points I've brought to the discussion and don't just nit pick on one aspect of it because that is what supports your view.

Papa didn't work out so they moved on but they didn't draft another C while they had WCS and Papa. The difference in the future of the 4 and the 5 position is pretty clear to anyone that follows the team but good try. I'm not saying we don't take the best player or that a 4 in this draft won't be better than someone on the roster currently. I'm was bringing up a counter point to us taking Bagley when we have Skal and Giles developing. We need to start assembling this team and not just asset gathering. That was a response to comment about Bagley being perfect for Joeger. Not an indictment of the player.

And I didn't miss it either, Joeger is going nowhere til at least 2020, health permitting.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#182 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:26 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SMH. Being strategic about what you say in the press is part of Vlade and Williams job. Once again a good reason they are there and your not, haha. ...like it's a real scenario s/.

I think we have 2 guys that we are grooming to be our future 4s on the team already. It would just create another logjam situation in terms of the Kings. But Bagley going 1st overall isn't realistic IMO.

Just like the future 5 they were grooming right? Like I said, I think this draft comes down to preference and won't solidify until later on. I personally think Ayton would go number 1 in most GM's eyes at the moment but that could change.

And as I said, I'll answer your every question when you respond to the overall points I've brought to the discussion and don't just nit pick on one aspect of it because that is what supports your view.

Papa didn't work out so they moved on but they didn't draft another C while they had WCS and Papa. The difference in the future of the 4 and the 5 position is pretty clear to anyone that follows the team but good try. I'm not saying we don't take the best player or that a 4 in this draft won't be better than someone on the roster currently. I'm was bringing up a counter point to us taking Bagley when we have Skal and Giles developing. We need to start assembling this team and not just asset gathering. That was a response to comment about Bagley being perfect for Joeger. Not an indictment of the player.

And I didn't miss it either, Joeger is going nowhere til at least 2020, health permitting.

I personally feel that Giles will see some time at the 5 and maybe even Skal at some point. Probably Bagley as well with the league going more for skill and getting smaller. I'm not sure you disregard talent at the 4 because of what the Kings have if they are a player the level of Bagley for the taking, which is unlikely anyway. He's also different then they are and provides things offensively they most likely won't ever bring. I think as a foursome Bagley, Skal, Giles, and Willie all compliment each other fairly well. And not an indictment of the player? It kind of sounded like it, but I'll take your word for it. What players do you take above him that also fit the vision of "assembling this team"?

And what's to miss about Joerger? If he stays then Bagley seems like a perfect fit. Nothing to miss there. But apparently plenty to see if you are looking hard enough.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#183 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:00 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

I personally feel that Giles will see some time at the 5 and maybe even Skal at some point. Probably Bagley as well with the league going more for skill and getting smaller. I'm not sure you disregard talent at the 4 because of what the Kings have if they are a player the level of Bagley for the taking, which is unlikely anyway. He's also different then they are and provides things offensively they most likely won't ever bring. I think as a foursome Bagley, Skal, Giles, and Willie all compliment each other fairly well. And not an indictment of the player? It kind of sounded like it, but I'll take your word for it. What players do you take above him that also fit the vision of "assembling this team"?

And what's to miss about Joerger? If he stays then Bagley seems like a perfect fit. Nothing to miss there. But apparently plenty to see if you are looking hard enough.

I think Giles and Skal will play some minutes as the biggest guy on the court for us too, like most big men in the league, but I think there primary position will be the 4. It will be what they are listed as and what their skill set best embodies. I don't see Bagley seeing many minutes at the 5 for us if he was to become a King though. At least not in the first few years til he puts on some weight like Giles has. In fact I think Bagley's game is a lot like Giles game was before the knee injury. Both had good handle for a big guy, can shot with range, good hands around the basket, multiple post moves and are really long with a quick bounce.

The only think that I had against Bagley was that i don't think he is the best player in the draft like you and that I don't think he is the best fit for the Kings. I think he is a great player and that he will have success even if he came here. I just brought up the players we already have at the position and how it would create a logjam like we have experienced in the past. So like I said, It wasn't an indictment on the player. No need for that false vote of confidence from you.

I'd take Ayton, Doncic and Porter over him. Obviously, for Porter to be on that level his medical has to check out. Then I have Young, Bamba and Bagely on the same level after that.

Oh and what was to miss about the Joeger comment was the "if Joerger remains the coach" part of your post. He will be the coach til at least 2020. Always trying to take those subtle digs.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#184 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:19 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

I think Giles and Skal will play some minutes as the biggest guy on the court for us too, like most big men in the league, but I think there primary position will be the 4. It will be what they are listed as and what their skill set best embodies. I don't see Bagley seeing many minutes at the 5 for us if he was to become a King though. At least not in the first few years til he puts on some weight like Giles has. In fact I think Bagley's game is a lot like Giles game was before the knee injury. Both had good handle for a big guy, can shot with range, good hands around the basket, multiple post moves and are really long with a quick bounce.

The only think that I had against Bagley was that i don't think he is the best player in the draft like you and that I don't think he is the best fit for the Kings. I think he is a great player and that he will have success even if he came here. I just brought up the players we already have at the position and how it would create a logjam like we have experienced in the past. So like I said, It wasn't an indictment on the player. No need for that false vote of confidence from you.

I'd take Ayton, Doncic and Porter over him. Obviously, for Porter to be on that level his medical has to check out. Then I have Young, Bamba and Bagely on the same level after that.

Oh and what was to miss about the Joeger comment was the "if Joerger remains the coach" part of your post. He will be the coach til at least 2020. Always trying to take those subtle digs.

Where did I say Bagley was the best player? I already stated I don't think this class has a clear cut favorite so it will come down to what teams likes who. I do think Bagely fits the Kings well for the reasons I stated above. I am against BPA in any draft that doesn't have sure fire HOF types and when you have this many young players on your roster already. Now in the NBA eventually some players will separate themselves but I think that will largely depend on peoples perception and relate to role. For instance I think Bamba has the highest upside, but I'm not sure he'll reach it as much as I am sure Bagley will be a really good and consistent offensive player if not a number 1 option. I don't think Bagley has nearly the impact potential defensively Bamba does. I think Miles Bridges has really high potential on both ends as well and is probably the easiest fit for the Kings. Doncic could be a really good stat producer IF he's allowed to run a team. If not he'll be a good addition to whatever team but not nearly the same.

No, you are always seeing subtle digs. We're all aware by now, the team/organization can do no wrong and when they do, we'll just make excuses. Even if he stays until 2020 that's barely 2 seasons into Bagleys career. He might not be a perfect fit for the next coach if a change is made and they don't pick one to fit someone like Bagley. Very rarely do coaches survive the entirety of a teams rebuild for a variety of reasons.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#185 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:11 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Where did I say Bagley was the best player? I already stated I don't think this class has a clear cut favorite so it will come down to what teams likes who. I do think Bagely fits the Kings well for the reasons I stated above. I am against BPA in any draft that doesn't have sure fire HOF types and when you have this many young players on your roster already. Now in the NBA eventually some players will separate themselves but I think that will largely depend on peoples perception and relate to role. For instance I think Bamba has the highest upside, but I'm not sure he'll reach it as much as I am sure Bagley will be a really good and consistent offensive player if not a number 1 option. I don't think Bagley has nearly the impact potential defensively Bamba does. I think Miles Bridges has really high potential on both ends as well and is probably the easiest fit for the Kings. Doncic could be a really good stat producer IF he's allowed to run a team. If not he'll be a good addition to whatever team but not nearly the same.

No, you are always seeing subtle digs. We're all aware by now, the team/organization can do no wrong and when they do, we'll just make excuses. Even if he stays until 2020 that's barely 2 seasons into Bagleys career. He might not be a perfect fit for the next coach if a change is made and they don't pick one to fit someone like Bagley. Very rarely do coaches survive the entirety of a teams rebuild for a variety of reasons.

You have Bagley as the top player of your top ten. You posted it ONE page ago. Can't wait to see what lame excuse you come up with to say that not what you meant.

That last paragraph was the worst fake explanation/excuse I've read in years.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#186 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Porter needs to be the pick if hes available and physical checks out.

Wings are increasingly important and right now we only have 1 long wing on the roster in Jackson.

If Giles is legit like people are saying, then Im not as worried about our front court.

WCS/
Giles/Skal
Porter/Jackson
Bogdan/Hield
Fox/Mason

Id love to see this as our team. This is a long team that can do a lot of switching. Jackson/Porter can play together at 3/4, Bogdan/Hield can play together at 2/3.

Drafting Porter will allow us to match up against small ball teams, but also play big when it benefits us.

All that said, I think Vlade takes Doncic. Which will be a mistake. Its good to have many ball handlers, but it seems Bogdan, Fox, and Doncic will all excel with the ball in their hands and its going to be tough having 3 starters in that position. Unless we ultimately see Bogdan as first guy off the bench.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#187 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:41 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

You have Bagley as the top player of your top ten. You posted it ONE page ago. Can't wait to see what lame excuse you come up with to say that not what you meant.

These lines:

Where did I say Bagley was the best player?

I don't think this class has a clear cut favorite so it will come down to what teams likes who

I am against BPA in any draft that doesn't have sure fire HOF types and when you have this many young players on your roster already.

Just because I have Bagley in my top 10 doesn't mean I think he's the best player. I don't think there is a clear cut best player out of the top 3-4 because I don't see any truly complete players so if they are going to be the best at anything, it will most likely be restricted to what they do.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#188 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:46 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Porter needs to be the pick if hes available and physical checks out.

Wings are increasingly important and right now we only have 1 long wing on the roster in Jackson.

If Giles is legit like people are saying, then Im not as worried about our front court.

WCS/
Giles/Skal
Porter/Jackson
Bogdan/Hield
Fox/Mason

Id love to see this as our team. This is a long team that can do a lot of switching. Jackson/Porter can play together at 3/4, Bogdan/Hield can play together at 2/3.

Drafting Porter will allow us to match up against small ball teams, but also play big when it benefits us.

All that said, I think Vlade takes Doncic. Which will be a mistake. Its good to have many ball handlers, but it seems Bogdan, Fox, and Doncic will all excel with the ball in their hands and its going to be tough having 3 starters in that position. Unless we ultimately see Bogdan as first guy off the bench.

The back is scary though. Players with back issues this earlier is risky. Porter has tremendous upside but I also question his defensive ability at the next level. I can see him eventually spending most of his time at the 4 and as you posted, there are combos where it looks like it might work so that's good.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#189 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:17 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

These lines:

Where did I say Bagley was the best player?

I don't think this class has a clear cut favorite so it will come down to what teams likes who

I am against BPA in any draft that doesn't have sure fire HOF types and when you have this many young players on your roster already.

Just because I have Bagley in my top 10 doesn't mean I think he's the best player. I don't think there is a clear cut best player out of the top 3-4 because I don't see any truly complete players so if they are going to be the best at anything, it will most likely be restricted to what they do.

Just pick a player and stop trying to cover your bases. The player doesn't have to be "clear cut" or "complete" to state your opinion on the who the best player is and you can change your mind as I'm sure you will many times. Nothing wrong with that. Until you do, by you putting Bagley #1 we'll have to take your word that that is your preference pick for the top spot.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#190 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:35 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Porter needs to be the pick if hes available and physical checks out.

WCS/
Giles/Skal
Porter/Jackson
Bogdan/Hield
Fox/Mason

I agree with most of what you said about Porter and the need for wings and the effect on the team. I don't think it would be a mistake to take Doncic though. This is all dependent on who is there though of course. But I don't think having 3 ball handlers in the starting lineup is as bad a think as people may make it out to be. I think BB and Doncic are so skilled and such high IQ players that they can easily play off the ball. I think that Fox is still developing his off the bounce and moving without the ball game but I like what I see. I think it just put more pressure on the defense when there are that many guys that can create for themselves and other on your team. When the offense can take the defense out of their rhythm and be unexpected they have a better chance at being successful. Just another way to look at it.

Of course, it could not work out too if egos get in the way. I just don't see that with these guys. Only guy I may have a slight question about in that respect is Hield purely because his style of play may not mesh.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#191 » by KF10 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:16 pm

I hope our tank comes on top at the end of the season. It is seriously a tight race between 1 through 7 lotto positions.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#192 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:21 pm

KF10 wrote:I hope our tank comes on top at the end of the season. It is seriously a tight race between 1 through 7 lotto positions.

Even if we do I have no faith that the NBA won't screw us as usual. Us getting the best player Isn't a good story line. But Cleveland getting pieces to get LeBron back, LA and Bos getting good again and The Process working are good story lines. All said with tongue in cheek but...
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#193 » by KF10 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
KF10 wrote:I hope our tank comes on top at the end of the season. It is seriously a tight race between 1 through 7 lotto positions.

Even if we do I have no faith that the NBA won't screw us as usual. Us getting the best player Isn't a good story line. But Cleveland getting pieces to get LeBron back, LA and Bos getting good again and The Process working are good story lines. All said with tongue in cheek but...

As long as the Kings are inside the top-3/top-4 range, I think that’s acceptable.

It would suck if the Kings drop to #7 or worse.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Draft Watch 2018 

Post#194 » by City of Trees » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:16 am

I cant help but worry we will drop in the lottery selection process so #1 is very important!

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#195 » by kingjawn100 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:45 pm

One thing to keep an eye on right now: Marvin Bagley. About to miss his 3rd straight game with a knee injury. Is it more serious than they are letting on?

I’ve even hear rumors (completely unsubstantiated) speculating that it may be related to the fbi/ncaa probe.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#196 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:51 pm

kingjawn100 wrote:One thing to keep an eye on right now: Marvin Bagley. About to miss his 3rd straight game with a knee injury. Is it more serious than they are letting on?

I’ve even hear rumors (completely unsubstantiated) speculating that it may be related to the fbi/ncaa probe.

It would be better for him if it was the probe and not the knee. NBA doesn't care about that once they declare IIRC.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Draft Watch 2018 

Post#197 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:52 pm

City of Trees wrote:

I cant help but worry we will drop in the lottery selection process so #1 is very important!

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

The Kings ran into their one lucky strike last year so the drop this year is inevitable. haha.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#198 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:58 pm

KF10 wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

As long as the Kings are inside the top-3/top-4 range, I think that’s acceptable.

I like the talent up to 7-8 deep, maybe even deeper and can totally see a Paul Pierce/Paul George type coming out farther into the late lotto or just outside but this looks like a draft most people will categorize as a 5-6 top player draft. At 6-7 you're probably looking at a BPA scenario and if that doesn't mesh it might be wise to make another Vlade move down deal.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#199 » by KF10 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:01 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
KF10 wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

I like the talent up to 7-8 deep, maybe even deeper and can totally see a Paul Pierce/Paul George type coming out farther into the late lotto or just outside but this looks like a draft most people will categorize as a 5-6 top player draft. At 6-7 you're probably looking at a BPA scenario and if that doesn't mesh it might be wise to make another Vlade move down deal.

if we can do another "move down deal" I actually wouldn't mind that at all.

But I believe the top-4 range is the sweet spot in the draft, imo.
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#200 » by jazanetti » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:10 am

At the end of this season Kings will be the team with the longest no playoffs streak... So, "winning" the lottery won't be surprising)

Return to Sacramento Kings