ImageImageImageImageImage

David Nwaba

Moderators: KF10, Wolfay

RipPizzaGuy
Head Coach
Posts: 6,035
And1: 2,595
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

David Nwaba 

Post#1 » by RipPizzaGuy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:23 am

I really like what I've seen from this kid. Great defender can d up 1-3, a bit undersized but he doesn't play like it. I cant understand the idea of going after more offensive guys like lavine and Hood but not targeting some defenders like Nwaba and smart. Vlade said we passed on doncic partly because we didnt want to remove the ball from Fox, how does it make sense to then go chase a on ball heavy guard In Lavine.

I like fox/buddy/bogdan as the primary scorers from the wing/guards. Bagley was obviously drafted with his offense ability in mind. Giles if healthy will be able to contribute on both ends. I think we need to surround them with shooters and defenders. That's not really easy to find guys that do both especially at this stage.

I can understand not chasing smart at a likely 14-15mil per year price tag. Nwaba should come in considerably cheaper. Something like 3/20 probably gets it done and hes young enough to fit with the core. Even if we signed him at 7 mil per, between the 10 mil we would have leftover and then 35 or so million that comes off the books next year we would still maintain plenty of cap flexability.

What do you guys think vlades planning? This cant be the final roster can it?
OscarH
Ballboy
Posts: 34
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 09, 2014
 

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#2 » by OscarH » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:31 am

Vlade had a court side interview during one of the latter Vegas SL games when asked about the team he is building only mentioned athleticism and scoring, With Lavine and Hezonja looking like the primary FA targets this year. I think Vlade is wanting to find the scoring foundation of the team (and making mulitple bets on who that may eventually be), before filling out the roster w complementary players in future season's.

This may mean a less than ideal competitive roster this year which is frustrating without a pick, But is arguable progress from thinking good role players will elevate the young core of the team to unrealistic heights/competitiveness. Ala Hill signing last off-season.

Personally I would like a Nwaba or Smart as they offer defensive traits that do not exist on current roster. But maybe a Parker long term deal is more in line with my assumption on Vlade's plan.
User avatar
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
Posts: 1,208
And1: 64
Joined: Jul 24, 2005
Location: Folsom, CA

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#3 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 pm

If Vlade is looking for athleticism and scoring then Jabari Parker fits both. Even with his 2 ACL injuries he's still athletic. He scored 20 ppg and I think he is obtainable for low teens per year money wise. My only concern is the rumblings out there that he has a bad attitude. If that is the case then pass.
becorz
Starter
Posts: 2,050
And1: 215
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
       

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#4 » by becorz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:58 pm

I guess my question is, what is the contract? With him being restricted, I think we have to "overpay" him to have the Bulls not match. Or maybe not, if they are conserving cap space. If we can get him on a reasonable contract, I am all in. If you can get him on say, 3 years, 18 million? Why not?

I would say the same thing with Parker. if we can get him for 3 years, 33 million, why not? I don't care if he is duplicative of Bagley, a good deal is a good deal.

But I think the Bulls and Bucks match both those deals.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,665
And1: 809
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#5 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:59 pm

OscarH wrote:Vlade had a court side interview during one of the latter Vegas SL games when asked about the team he is building only mentioned athleticism and scoring, With Lavine and Hezonja looking like the primary FA targets this year. I think Vlade is wanting to find the scoring foundation of the team (and making mulitple bets on who that may eventually be), before filling out the roster w complementary players in future season's.

This may mean a less than ideal competitive roster this year which is frustrating without a pick, But is arguable progress from thinking good role players will elevate the young core of the team to unrealistic heights/competitiveness. Ala Hill signing last off-season.

Personally I would like a Nwaba or Smart as they offer defensive traits that do not exist on current roster. But maybe a Parker long term deal is more in line with my assumption on Vlade's plan.



Vlade must be blind. This team is chalk full of scorers getting the shaft every game.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,665
And1: 809
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#6 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:01 pm

becorz wrote:I guess my question is, what is the contract? With him being restricted, I think we have to "overpay" him to have the Bulls not match. Or maybe not, if they are conserving cap space. If we can get him on a reasonable contract, I am all in. If you can get him on say, 3 years, 18 million? Why not?

I would say the same thing with Parker. if we can get him for 3 years, 33 million, why not? I don't care if he is duplicative of Bagley, a good deal is a good deal.

But I think the Bulls and Bucks match both those deals.



He's not really much of a duplicate of Bagley either. If the Kings are still holding out hope for 2019 free agency success then they are delusional. They had almost no competition this summer and came up empty handed. Wake up fellas!
becorz
Starter
Posts: 2,050
And1: 215
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
       

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#7 » by becorz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 am

Read on Twitter
kingjawn100
Senior
Posts: 624
And1: 106
Joined: May 27, 2017

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#8 » by kingjawn100 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:58 am

Eh...i love the 'Lavine/Marcus Smart/Bogdan are undersized for small forward' argument when this guy is 6'4" and people are starting to clamor for him.

The current Kings team is nice and has some interesting young pieces but still needs an alpha scorer who can create his own offense. I was actually really in favor of Lavine but that ship has obviously sailed. If Jabari took a 1+1 deal id be for it at this point.

The funny thing... If Temple had opted out, and the kings were striking out on the small forward market like they are now what we'd be hearing is "re-sign temple... he's the best option left and he knows our system". We're close to a point where the our best options to play small forward may be on our current roster (Bogi/Temple/Shump).
RipPizzaGuy
Head Coach
Posts: 6,035
And1: 2,595
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#9 » by RipPizzaGuy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:54 am

kingjawn100 wrote:Eh...i love the 'Lavine/Marcus Smart/Bogdan are undersized for small forward' argument when this guy is 6'4" and people are starting to clamor for him.

The current Kings team is nice and has some interesting young pieces but still needs an alpha scorer who can create his own offense. I was actually really in favor of Lavine but that ship has obviously sailed. If Jabari took a 1+1 deal id be for it at this point.

The funny thing... If Temple had opted out, and the kings were striking out on the small forward market like they are now what we'd be hearing is "re-sign temple... he's the best option left and he knows our system". We're close to a point where the our best options to play small forward may be on our current roster (Bogi/Temple/Shump).


I made the OP, I for one have been advocating Bogdan and Buddy starting at the wing spots. I'm not necessarily saying start Nwaba, though I think his play style would be an asset running the court with any of Buddy, Bogdan, or Fox. His defense/intensity is on another level that we are currently lacking, and he has a 7' wingspan. Now that the Bulls have declined his option, I think we should go after him hard. Hes going to be a steal for cheap.
RipPizzaGuy
Head Coach
Posts: 6,035
And1: 2,595
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#10 » by RipPizzaGuy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:54 am

becorz wrote:
Read on Twitter


Please Vlade :pray: :pray: :pray:
kingjawn100
Senior
Posts: 624
And1: 106
Joined: May 27, 2017

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#11 » by kingjawn100 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:01 am

Given how in love Vlade has become with getting "athletes" i wouldn't be shocked if he views Bogi/Buddy as trade chips (to get another athlete).
donkeylips
Rookie
Posts: 1,089
And1: 226
Joined: Apr 22, 2010

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#12 » by donkeylips » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Yes to nwaba
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 20,699
And1: 13,297
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#13 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 am

Nwaba's probably a great fit here. Elite rebounder, real grab and go guy who can push tempo, super athlete, versatile defender. Plays like he doesn't know what a jump-shot is most of the time, which is obviously limiting, but he knows his strengths and he just drives like a madman. He's started hitting some spot up 3's as well towards the end of the season.
Tank-it for Barrett
OGSactownballer
Analyst
Posts: 3,536
And1: 119
Joined: Oct 02, 2005

Re: David Nwaba 

Post#14 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:45 am

Bruce Bowen couldn’t hit a jump shot tonsave his life when he started out.

Return to Sacramento Kings