ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#501 » by blind prophet » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:37 am

Anyone think Shump would be interested in a vet min?
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#502 » by BoogieTime » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:29 pm

blind prophet wrote:Anyone think Shump would be interested in a vet min?

Didn’t he reject that from Houston? I wouldn’t mind him back cheap
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#503 » by Tiny ball » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:34 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Eric Gordon’s extension is setting the stage

Next years free agency is broke, and it will be hard securing Hield and BOgi, and getting them to solid extensions now

Should try to flip him to Boston for Brown but you will have to kick in pick. Brown is younger stronger and from California so sure you can resign him.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#504 » by kalenclayton » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:53 pm

Tiny ball wrote:

Next years free agency is broke, and it will be hard securing Hield and BOgi, and getting them to solid extensions now

Should try to flip him to Boston for Brown but you will have to kick in pick. Brown is younger stronger and from California so sure you can resign him.

I’m pretty sure Buddy is a better NBA player now and in the future. He has an elite skill (shooting) that is so vital in today’s NBA. Brown’s best skills are his defense and athleticism. He’s not that great of a shooter and I don’t really see him progressing to the point where it allows his defense and athleticism to make him a max player. He will likely look for that payday though. Also, I wouldn’t be too sure that Brown is stronger. Buddy is built and he keeps getting bigger and stronger every season. Both players are likely looking at max extensions, so I’m picking Buddy every time.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#505 » by Tiny ball » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:05 am

kalenclayton wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:

I’m pretty sure Buddy is a better NBA player now and in the future. He has an elite skill (shooting) that is so vital in today’s NBA. Brown’s best skills are his defense and athleticism. He’s not that great of a shooter and I don’t really see him progressing to the point where it allows his defense and athleticism to make him a max player. He will likely look for that payday though. Also, I wouldn’t be too sure that Brown is stronger. Buddy is built and he keeps getting bigger and stronger every season. Both players are likely looking at max extensions, so I’m picking Buddy every time.

Brown has way more experience. He was with in few minutes of making the NBA finals in year two and might have been the best player in playoffs for that Celtics run. He has played in Africa, China Australia, Mexico been in the playoffs every year. This is a no brainer for pickup and trade for the Kings. It is time to get in the playoffs and win a series. Brown can play 2 to 4 and pop had him playing center in FIBA. I love buddy but he is not going to take Kings to the promised land. I'm sure Danny will not do the trade even as Celtics have too many guys wanting to shoot now but with pick he could be prayed away.
-G-
Analyst
And1: 2,122

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#506 » by -G- » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Hield for Kuzma, Caruso, Talen Horton-Tucker, picks? How offensive is that offer?
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,837

Post#507 » by Domejandro » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:09 am

Would you guys have any interest in this kind of trade if Buddy and Sacramento cannot come to a deal? Josh Okogie has three years on his contract and Jaylen Nowell has four years on his deal. Pick would be unprotected in 2021.

MIN: Buddy Hield
OUT: Josh Okogie, Jaylen Nowell, and Minnesota's 2020 First Round Draft Pick (Top Four Protected)

Why for Minnesota? The team's shooting is absolutely abysmal, and Buddy immediately fixes that. Followed by giving the dude his 110MM extension.

SAC: Josh Okogie, Jaylen Nowell, and Minnesota's 2020 First Round Draft Pick (Top Four Protected)
OUT: Buddy Hield

Why for Sacramento? Get two cost-controlled, young wings and a (likely) mid-to-late lottery pick.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Post#508 » by S.W.A.N » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Domejandro wrote:Would you guys have any interest in this kind of trade if Buddy and Sacramento cannot come to a deal? Josh Okogie has three years on his contract and Jaylen Nowell has four years on his deal. Pick would be unprotected in 2021.

OUT: Josh Okogie, Jaylen Nowell, and Minnesota's 2020 First Round Draft Pick (Top Four Protected)

Why for Minnesota? The team's shooting is absolutely abysmal, and Buddy immediately fixes that. Followed by giving the dude his 110MM extension.

SAC: Josh Okogie, Jaylen Nowell, and Minnesota's 2020 First Round Draft Pick (Top Four Protected)

Why for Sacramento? Get two cost-controlled, young wings and a (likely) mid-to-late lottery pick.

I hope you lubed up before trying to push that deal home.
We the North
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,969

Post#509 » by dckingsfan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:38 am

Domejandro wrote:Would you guys have any interest in this kind of trade if Buddy and Sacramento cannot come to a deal? Josh Okogie has three years on his contract and Jaylen Nowell has four years on his deal. Pick would be unprotected in 2021.

OUT: Josh Okogie, Jaylen Nowell, and Minnesota's 2020, 2022 & 2024 unprotected First Round Draft Pick (Top Four Protected)

Would this work?
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#510 » by ezzzp » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:35 pm

Magic fan here in peace...what do you guys think about something like this?

ORLANDO
Starters: Fultz | Bogdanovic | Fournier | Isaac | Vucevic
Rotation: Augustin | Ross | Aminu | Dedmon
Ltd Min: Carter-Williams | Iwundu | Birch
G-League: Frazier | Okeke | Bamba

SACRAMENTO
Starters: Fox | Hield | Barnes | Bagely | Turner
Rotation: Joseph | Ariza | Bjelica | Holmes

INDIANA
Starters: Brogdon | Oladipo | Warren | Gordon | Sabonis
Rotation: A Holiday | Lamb | Sampson | McDermott | Bitadze
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,969

Post#511 » by dckingsfan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:29 am

ezzzp wrote:Magic fan here in peace...what do you guys think about something like this?

ORLANDO

SACRAMENTO

INDIANA

Interesting from a Sac perspective to team Turner and Bagley. I wonder if it would be like playing Turner with Sabonis? That would worry me.

I think if I am the Kings I wait to see how things unfold. I also think about asking that it is Hield vs. Bogdan given the current contract situation.

If I am Indy, it would just be a flat no. I am not giving up on Turner (but I am not an Indy fan :D)
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#512 » by nzahir » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:55 am

Coming from lakers side:

What value do you expect for Bogdan?

Would you take Kuzma, Cook, and Boogie (waived)?

2 years left for 2M a year.

What position do you guys really value?

I think C, SF (idk why you guys paid Barnes all that $$), or bench are biggest needs right?
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#513 » by sacking123 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:37 am

ezzzp wrote:Magic fan here in peace...what do you guys think about something like this?

ORLANDO

SACRAMENTO

INDIANA

This is one Bogdan trade I would do. I'm not saying it's the absolute best fit, but talent wise this is a trade I would get on board with.
The Pacers however I'm not sure if that's the deal for them. It's absolutely not bad by any means don't get me wrong, but perhaps they need a little more. I'm thinking a little more value from the Sac side to Pacers. Overall this is a good job IMO.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#514 » by sacking123 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:56 am

nzahir wrote:Coming from lakers side:

I think C, SF (idk why you guys paid Barnes all that $$), or bench are biggest needs right?

I mean come on man, did you really just want to come in here to have a snipe against Barnes?
You do know he has been playing well right? Anyway, whatever.

As for the trade, how much of an upgrade do you see Kuzma as being?

Boogie isn't giving Sacramento any favors, he isn't agreeing to a reduced salary to be waived.

Do you want Sacramento to have Fox/Joseph/Ferrell/Cook in the PG rotation. One of them has to go and Cook is last in that rotation so absolutely does nothing that Ferrell can't or isn't doing right now. So cancel him out too.

So are you putting it all down to Bogs' RFA coming up?
I like Kuzma's scoring ability, he can really light it up and I like him as a player. I think he will continue to grow too, but here comes the third question. How do you honestly think Kuzma would take being traded to Sacramento? FWIW I think he would be lucky to even report.

Adding to this we're giving up similar bench production, but Bogs is a lot better due to his all round play making ability, albeit at a different position.
I believe the Kings will be able to sign Bogs at a better contract than what Kuzma is going to command. By that I mean let's say if both players sign 4/100 deals. Bogs will sign a front loaded contract because it will help the team, I can't see Kuzma doing the same.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#515 » by nzahir » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:56 pm

simonbampfield wrote:
nzahir wrote:Coming from lakers side:

I mean come on man, did you really just want to come in here to have a snipe against Barnes?
You do know he has been playing well right? Anyway, whatever.

As for the trade, how much of an upgrade do you see Kuzma as being?

Boogie isn't giving Sacramento any favors, he isn't agreeing to a reduced salary to be waived.

Do you want Sacramento to have Fox/Joseph/Ferrell/Cook in the PG rotation. One of them has to go and Cook is last in that rotation so absolutely does nothing that Ferrell can't or isn't doing right now. So cancel him out too.

So are you putting it all down to Bogs' RFA coming up?
I like Kuzma's scoring ability, he can really light it up and I like him as a player. I think he will continue to grow too, but here comes the third question. How do you honestly think Kuzma would take being traded to Sacramento? FWIW I think he would be lucky to even report.

Adding to this we're giving up similar bench production, but Bogs is a lot better due to his all round play making ability, albeit at a different position.
I believe the Kings will be able to sign Bogs at a better contract than what Kuzma is going to command. By that I mean let's say if both players sign 4/100 deals. Bogs will sign a front loaded contract because it will help the team, I can't see Kuzma doing the same.

It mostly comes down to the free agency aspect of it and him wanting to start (which he likely wouldn't do in LA, but he may close out games on a contender and that is most important)

Kuzma would report, hes got 2 yrs left at 2 mil and they would be able to have him for another year if he doesnt sign an extensiom

Maybe a 3 teamer, but who else are you guys eyeing?

Cook is just there for salary filler needed to make it happen. Which is why I say another team likely needed for all of this to happen
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#516 » by NYG » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:45 am

I’m interested as well what the Kings would request in return for Bogdanovic in general.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#517 » by BoogieTime » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:59 pm

NYG wrote:I’m interested as well what the Kings would request in return for Bogdanovic in general.

For me, I’d hate to lose BOgi. I think you match any deal so long as it’s not flat out near max territory. I’m a Hield/Barnes fan, but at this point, I think you’d find a home for one of them this summer before parting with Bogdan. But we’re also getting ahead of ourselves thinking of Fox/Bagley as max or even near max players before they prove impact of winning. I think you just pay BOgi, deal with ramifications later

Otherwise, yeah, we’d need strong value. Position wise? That’s debatable. Since we are strong at wings, like Holmes, and have strong prospects at pg/PF as well
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#518 » by jazanetti » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:42 am

I'm two hands behind trading away Bogdanovic near deadline.
We can't pay Barnes, Baddy and Bogi 70-75 millions per year being borderline PO team.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#519 » by bleeds_purple » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:08 pm

jazanetti wrote:I'm two hands behind trading away Bogdanovic near deadline.
We can't pay Barnes, Baddy and Bogi 70-75 millions per year being borderline PO team.

If we remain a borderline playoff team in the long-term that means Bagley and Fox are not getting max deals in which case we can easily afford that payroll. If they do get max deals, then we are a contender and the payroll is justified.

There is no possible way we can replace what he brings to the table. Trading him for a pick and rolling the dice is not really appealing given where we are in the building process. Trading him for another playmaker doesn't change anything in terms of roster costs. End of the day, we have to resign Bogdan.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#520 » by codydaze » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:31 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
jazanetti wrote:I'm two hands behind trading away Bogdanovic near deadline.

If we remain a borderline playoff team in the long-term that means Bagley and Fox are not getting max deals in which case we can easily afford that payroll. If they do get max deals, then we are a contender and the payroll is justified.

There is no possible way we can replace what he brings to the table. Trading him for a pick and rolling the dice is not really appealing given where we are in the building process. Trading him for another playmaker doesn't change anything in terms of roster costs. End of the day, we have to resign Bogdan.

I think it's pretty much a certainty that Fox gets the max, if not from us then we'll match the max offer he gets from whoever gives it to him, regardless if we're a borderline playoff team or solid playoff team/contender.

Bagley probably has a better chance of not getting the max but that's also very unlikely in my opinion.

Return to Sacramento Kings