2020 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: City of Trees, KF10, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 3,545

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#21 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:56 am

I dont know how high his ceiling is or if he could even reach it, but what I do know is Haliburton is going to be a good player. He is skilled, smart, and athletic. Perfect secondary role player to Fox.

NYG
Lead Assistant
And1: 908

Post#22 » by NYG » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:37 pm

If the best players on board are:

Theo Maledon
RJ Hampton
Jaden McDaniels

Who is Sacramento taking?
kalenclayton
Analyst
And1: 892

Post#23 » by kalenclayton » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:54 pm

NYG wrote:If the best players on board are:

Theo Maledon
RJ Hampton
Jaden McDaniels

That’s interesting. I’m just starting to get into looking at prospects, so I don’t have my clear selections yet. From what I’ve gathered, I have Hampton as the BPA there, but I see Maledon and McDaniels having higher potential, albeit less likely. Hampton looks like a killer and seems to be the best communicator. His interviews show that he’s a kid who knows what he wants and is quite smart. He’s the most ready of these three players and looks like he could slot in next to Fox as the starting 2 guard. Problem is, the team already has Bogi and Buddy. Because of this, it becomes a little harder to decide on him even though it gives the team flexibility to move one of Buddy/Bogi in the future.

I could see McDaniels getting the nod due to his defensive versatility and shooting stroke. His skill set is in high demand, but his frame is a real concern. He is so thin and I wonder just how much weight he can put on before it becomes a hindrance. Also, what position is he really. 2,3, or 4? He’s the biggest project of these three players. He has the lowest floor of these three players, but if he hits, I think he could be one of the most valuable players in this draft.

Maledon’s potential and open court abilities seem like a good fit long term with the team. His ability to run on the break fits perfectly with Fox. He runs into the same current fit issue that Hampton does (Buddy/Bogi), but his on-court intelligence and overall game could fit well with all three of the Kings’ main guards (Fox, Buddy, Bogi).

If the Kings want BPA, I think they go Hampton. If they want the highest ceiling with a huge risk attached, they will go McDaniels.
NYG
Lead Assistant
And1: 908

Post#24 » by NYG » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:41 pm

kalenclayton wrote:

Theo Maledon
RJ Hampton
Jaden McDaniels

That’s interesting. I’m just starting to get into looking at prospects, so I don’t have my clear selections yet. From what I’ve gathered, I have Hampton as the BPA there, but I see Maledon and McDaniels having higher potential, albeit less likely. Hampton looks like a killer and seems to be the best communicator. His interviews show that he’s a kid who knows what he wants and is quite smart. He’s the most ready of these three players and looks like he could slot in next to Fox as the starting 2 guard. Problem is, the team already has Bogi and Buddy. Because of this, it becomes a little harder to decide on him even though it gives the team flexibility to move one of Buddy/Bogi in the future.

I could see McDaniels getting the nod due to his defensive versatility and shooting stroke. His skill set is in high demand, but his frame is a real concern. He is so thin and I wonder just how much weight he can put on before it becomes a hindrance. Also, what position is he really. 2,3, or 4? He’s the biggest project of these three players. He has the lowest floor of these three players, but if he hits, I think he could be one of the most valuable players in this draft.

Maledon’s potential and open court abilities seem like a good fit long term with the team. His ability to run on the break fits perfectly with Fox. He runs into the same current fit issue that Hampton does (Buddy/Bogi), but his on-court intelligence and overall game could fit well with all three of the Kings’ main guards (Fox, Buddy, Bogi).

If the Kings want BPA, I think they go Hampton. If they want the highest ceiling with a huge risk attached, they will go McDaniels.

If Tyrese Maxey were there, you think that he would go before Hampton?
kalenclayton
Analyst

Post#25 » by kalenclayton » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:26 pm

NYG wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

Theo Maledon
RJ Hampton
Jaden McDaniels

If Tyrese Maxey were there, you think that he would go before Hampton?

If they are thinking about moving Buddy, then yes. If not, then absolutely no. The team doesn’t need another undersized shooting guard who’s main attribute is scoring.
SmellingColors
Senior
And1: 65

Post#26 » by SmellingColors » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Just out of curiosity, why not more buzz about Deni Avdija? A 6'8" small forward that can shoot, pass, and has some fire in him. Although I will say both RJ Hampton and Theo Maledon look nice. RJ Hampton moves similarly to Zach Lavine in my eyes.
BoogieTime
Veteran
And1: 1,067

Post#27 » by BoogieTime » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:19 pm

SmellingColors wrote:Just out of curiosity, why not more buzz about Deni Avdija? A 6'8" small forward that can shoot, pass, and has some fire in him. Although I will say both RJ Hampton and Theo Maledon look nice. RJ Hampton moves similarly to Zach Lavine in my eyes.

I’d be fine with him
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 4,302

Post#28 » by dckingsfan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:26 am

BoogieTime wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:Just out of curiosity, why not more buzz about Deni Avdija? A 6'8" small forward that can shoot, pass, and has some fire in him. Although I will say both RJ Hampton and Theo Maledon look nice. RJ Hampton moves similarly to Zach Lavine in my eyes.

I’d be fine with him

Deni Avdija had two more strong games - would have been great games except... 5 TOs in each. He is definitely going to be able to defend SFs at the NBA level and his 3pt shot is looking better and better. "...Kobe wasn't my favorite player..."

BTW, Theo Maledon looked really bad in his last couple of Euro league games shooting a combined 2 of 15. No to Maledon (IMO).
BoogieTime
Veteran
And1: 1,067

Post#29 » by BoogieTime » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:33 am

dckingsfan wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I’d be fine with him

Deni Avdija had two more strong games - would have been great games except... 5 TOs in each. He is definitely going to be able to defend SFs at the NBA level and his 3pt shot is looking better and better. "...Kobe wasn't my favorite player..."

BTW, Theo Maledon looked really bad in his last couple of Euro league games shooting a combined 2 of 15. No to Maledon (IMO).

He may rise out of our range
Hield of Dreams
Lead Assistant
And1: 516

Post#30 » by Hield of Dreams » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:23 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Tyrese Haliburton is a 6'5 point guard with a 7'0 wingspan. Good IQ. Can defend multiple positions. Hits the 3 at a high % already. I don't know if a two point guard line up can work but I sure do like this kid. He is the first lottery prospect i like outside of the top 3 (Edwards/Ball/Wiseman). Check Haliburton out. I think he is going to be a great pro.

I really like Haliburton and think he could be a good replacement for a lot of what Bogi brings. I don’t think you draft him to be a starter though. He also seems to need the ball quite a bit, which isn’t ideal with Fox on the team.

I remember the last time that same exact logic was used...

We just need to draft BPA regardless of position. Secondary consideration to fit to the roster(i.e. UPTEMPO player)
kalenclayton
Analyst

Post#31 » by kalenclayton » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:42 pm

Hield of Dreams wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Tyrese Haliburton is a 6'5 point guard with a 7'0 wingspan. Good IQ. Can defend multiple positions. Hits the 3 at a high % already. I don't know if a two point guard line up can work but I sure do like this kid. He is the first lottery prospect i like outside of the top 3 (Edwards/Ball/Wiseman). Check Haliburton out. I think he is going to be a great pro.

I really like Haliburton and think he could be a good replacement for a lot of what Bogi brings. I don’t think you draft him to be a starter though. He also seems to need the ball quite a bit, which isn’t ideal with Fox on the team.

I remember the last time that same exact logic was used...

We just need to draft BPA regardless of position. Secondary consideration to fit to the roster(i.e. UPTEMPO player)

Word. I’ve come around to loving the idea of Haliburton on the team. The fit thing is whatever at this point.

Return to Sacramento Kings