ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 11,395
And1: 7,778
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
SmellingColors
Senior
Posts: 652
And1: 109
Joined: Dec 14, 2010

Re: Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#2 » by SmellingColors » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:37 am

Fox hitting 3's. The ceiling he has if he can hit those consistently is huge for us. 15 point 1st quarter for him. Also 4 asts and 3 boards. Let's see if they can play another full game.
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,900
And1: 3,854
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 am

The confidence has returned.
SmellingColors
Senior
Posts: 652
And1: 109
Joined: Dec 14, 2010

Re: Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#4 » by SmellingColors » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:15 am

Ball stopped moving for a while in that 2nd quarter on top of turning the ball over. That combined with Dame and CJ just being themselves are into what was a 20 point lead at one point.

Kings need to get back to ball movement, defensive pressure, and pushing the pace to have a chance in this 2nd half.
BoogieTime
Analyst
Posts: 3,408
And1: 1,243
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#5 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:31 am

Have to love Fox playing at this level
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 4,208
And1: 3,015
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#6 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:13 am

This game and really this whole season is extra reason for me leaning towards Evan Mobley in the draft. We need a real difference maker on the defensive end and Mobley checks those boxes.

I guess when it comes down to it, any of those top guys won't be in our draft range without some lotto luck though...
User avatar
blind prophet
General Manager
Posts: 8,947
And1: 2,580
Joined: Dec 08, 2011
 

Re: Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#7 » by blind prophet » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:14 am

Walton: Hmm tight game, the pressure is on. Let me put Metu in for no reason.....

That cost us the game, that lull.
SmellingColors
Senior
Posts: 652
And1: 109
Joined: Dec 14, 2010

Re: Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#8 » by SmellingColors » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:25 am

blind prophet wrote:Walton: Hmm tight game, the pressure is on. Let me put Metu in for no reason.....

That cost us the game, that lull.


That's what I thought too. Two turnovers and just very meek when everyone else was playing with fire.

Still, we had a couple shots towards the end and just couldn't take enough advantage of it. Too bad this game was winnable for us.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 4,208
And1: 3,015
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#9 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:28 am

We had multiple 20 point leads in this game erased, there isn't one, single thing you can put this loss on, it just came down to needing stops on the defensive end to finish the game and we couldn't do it. That was a good game but like I said, we really need a difference maker on defense, we can score with any team in the league.
User avatar
blind prophet
General Manager
Posts: 8,947
And1: 2,580
Joined: Dec 08, 2011
 

Re: Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#10 » by blind prophet » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:54 am

codydaze wrote:We had multiple 20 point leads in this game erased, there isn't one, single thing you can put this loss on, it just came down to needing stops on the defensive end to finish the game and we couldn't do it. That was a good game but like I said, we really need a difference maker on defense, we can score with any team in the league.


Humor me then, can you explain why Walton would put Metu in when he did?
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 4,208
And1: 3,015
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Game Thread G12: Kings (5-6) vs Trail Blazers (6-4) @10pm 

Post#11 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:11 am

blind prophet wrote:
codydaze wrote:We had multiple 20 point leads in this game erased, there isn't one, single thing you can put this loss on, it just came down to needing stops on the defensive end to finish the game and we couldn't do it. That was a good game but like I said, we really need a difference maker on defense, we can score with any team in the league.


Humor me then, can you explain why Walton would put Metu in when he did?


Whiteside had just had like three awful possessions in a row and it was too early to put Holmes back in. When Metu was subbed out, it was a tie game with 10 minutes left in the game and we were able to get a lead back with 5 minutes left. We lost this game because we couldn't get stops when we needed them.

Return to Sacramento Kings