The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#121 » by City of Trees » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:48 am

NYG wrote:If the Knicks tried getting Hield, what’s the minimum offer they need to come in with?
Payton
Burks
Future pick
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#122 » by City of Trees » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:51 am

Ideally Kings and Knicks agree to a straight swap of Buddy and Randle.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,645

Post#123 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:22 am

Whatever we do, I hope we pick a direction sooner than later. If Walton stays, then lets just tank the season. I've accepted the fact we will never win with him regardless how good Fox/Hali get.

Option 1 TANK

1. Trade Barnes to Boston for their big TPE. Get Nesmith + Grant WIlliams (maybe Williams is being a bit greedy, id probably do it for Nesmith alone)

2. Trade Bjelica/Joseph to Miami for Leonard + Salary filler + 2nd round pick

3. Trade Buddy to New York for Ntilikina + Knox

Kick the tires on Holmes, but I think hes low mileage enough to stick around.

Holmes
Bagley
Nesmith/Knox
Hali
Fox/Frank

We open a ton of flexibility to explore taking on some salary this offseason. Should end up with another top 10 pick that we can use on a 3/4 type player.

OPTION 2 GO FOR PLAYOFFS

1. Fire Walton. I think this team would be rejuvenated playing under Gentry to finish off the season.

2. Trade Bagley, Parker, Bjelica, 2021 top 10 protected 1st to Houston, Joseph to Minnesota.. Kings receive Wood, Tucker, House, Rubio.

Holmes/
Wood/Tucker
Barnes/House
Buddy/Hali
Fox/Rubio

Thats a 9 man rotation of good players. This is banking on Wood to be good enough to be one of our top 3 guys (which I think he is). But I think this trade addresses a ton of our problems. Rubio is certainly good enough to lead our bench. Wood becomes our #2 scorer and provides a reliable threat to help Fox. Barnes and Buddy move down to our 3rd and 4th (eventually 4th and 5th options). Tucker/House bring some toughness to our otherwise soft team.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,796

Post#124 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:36 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Whatever we do, I hope we pick a direction sooner than later. If Walton stays, then lets just tank the season. I've accepted the fact we will never win with him regardless how good Fox/Hali get.

Option 1 TANK

1. Trade Barnes to Boston for their big TPE. Get Nesmith + Grant WIlliams (maybe Williams is being a bit greedy, id probably do it for Nesmith alone)

Holmes
Bagley
Nesmith/Knox
Hali
Fox/Frank

We open a ton of flexibility to explore taking on some salary this offseason. Should end up with another top 10 pick that we can use on a 3/4 type player.

OPTION 2 GO FOR PLAYOFFS

1. Fire Walton. I think this team would be rejuvenated playing under Gentry to finish off the season.

2. Trade Bagley, Parker, Bjelica, 2021 top 10 protected 1st to Houston, Joseph to Minnesota.. Kings receive Wood, Tucker, House, Rubio.

Holmes/
Wood/Tucker
Barnes/House
Buddy/Hali
Fox/Rubio

Thats a 9 man rotation of good players. This is banking on Wood to be good enough to be one of our top 3 guys (which I think he is). But I think this trade addresses a ton of our problems. Rubio is certainly good enough to lead our bench. Wood becomes our #2 scorer and provides a reliable threat to help Fox. Barnes and Buddy move down to our 3rd and 4th (eventually 4th and 5th options). Tucker/House bring some toughness to our otherwise soft team.

Think those trades might be a little generous. I think we ‘couldve’ maybe pulled that for Barnes previous to his last stretch, but I think Buddy might be negative now.

There is a third option McNair might be forced into. Tanking the season with Walton, but keeping the vets around for a new coach to turn the thing around.

Fox/Hali/Hield/Barnes/Holmes had the second highest rating of any 5 man unit who played more than 100 minutes for a lot of the season. Luke Alton could be bad enough to coach the team to a bottom 6-7 record, while a better coach could properly manage the unit starting next year
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#125 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:37 am

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Whatever we do, I hope we pick a direction sooner than later. If Walton stays, then lets just tank the season. I've accepted the fact we will never win with him regardless how good Fox/Hali get.

Option 1 TANK

Holmes
Bagley
Nesmith/Knox
Hali
Fox/Frank

OPTION 2 GO FOR PLAYOFFS

Holmes/
Wood/Tucker
Barnes/House
Buddy/Hali
Fox/Rubio

Think those trades might be a little generous. I think we ‘couldve’ maybe pulled that for Barnes previous to his last stretch, but I think Buddy might be negative now.

There is a third option McNair might be forced into. Tanking the season with Walton, but keeping the vets around for a new coach to turn the thing around.

Fox/Hali/Hield/Barnes/Holmes had the second highest rating of any 5 man unit who played more than 100 minutes for a lot of the season. Luke Alton could be bad enough to coach the team to a bottom 6-7 record, while a better coach could properly manage the unit starting next year

The Boston one may be a little generous but I don't think Boston is going to write off Barnes after 3 bad games. We know who he is. Hes inconsistent but for a good team that doesn't rely on him being a top 3 scorer, hes perfect. He would slot in great with the team over there. Maybe they aren't willing to give up Nesmith yet but they may be in panic mode after their recent skid, and not many players better than Barnes available for cap space + Nesmith.

As for the other trades. I chatted with a few Heat fans who like that Joseph/Bjelica trade. Leonard is sitting out all year, and they don't mind taking on that 2.5 million for Joseph next year.

The last one ehh.. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I can see New York enjoying the early season success and looking to add a pure shooter to help the guys out. On a Thibs led team, Buddy could actually fall in line. Quickley/Rose are a nice pg duo, Barrett/Randle are good scorers. They are playing excellent team defense. Thibs isn't a tanker so I could see them going either way. Frank has fallen out of the rotation but he might be a nice cheap pick up.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#126 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:14 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Option 1 TANK

Holmes
Bagley
Nesmith/Knox
Hali
Fox/Frank

OPTION 2 GO FOR PLAYOFFS

Holmes/
Wood/Tucker
Barnes/House
Buddy/Hali
Fox/Rubio

The Boston one may be a little generous but I don't think Boston is going to write off Barnes after 3 bad games. We know who he is. Hes inconsistent but for a good team that doesn't rely on him being a top 3 scorer, hes perfect. He would slot in great with the team over there. Maybe they aren't willing to give up Nesmith yet but they may be in panic mode after their recent skid, and not many players better than Barnes available for cap space + Nesmith.

As for the other trades. I chatted with a few Heat fans who like that Joseph/Bjelica trade. Leonard is sitting out all year, and they don't mind taking on that 2.5 million for Joseph next year.

The last one ehh.. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I can see New York enjoying the early season success and looking to add a pure shooter to help the guys out. On a Thibs led team, Buddy could actually fall in line. Quickley/Rose are a nice pg duo, Barrett/Randle are good scorers. They are playing excellent team defense. Thibs isn't a tanker so I could see them going either way. Frank has fallen out of the rotation but he might be a nice cheap pick up.

I think the team is largely the effect of a bottom two coach.

The advanced stats Fox/Hield/Hali/Barnes/Holmes put up with a piss poor coach may show that they are a unit who could play some ball under a proper coach IMO

I am pro tank as well.

We might have the best of both worlds. The team of the last four games looks dead in the water without trades.

But I understand if others want to move the vets to assure getting top picks the next few years. I support that notion as well
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#127 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:37 am

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I think the team is largely the effect of a bottom two coach.

The advanced stats Fox/Hield/Hali/Barnes/Holmes put up with a piss poor coach may show that they are a unit who could play some ball under a proper coach IMO

I am pro tank as well.

We might have the best of both worlds. The team of the last four games looks dead in the water without trades.

But I understand if others want to move the vets to assure getting top picks the next few years. I support that notion as well

I'm pretty anti-tank. But this year felt like the best year to make it happen. Lots of uncertainty in the West, the play ins, etc... After the last 3 games I've pretty much lost all hope. We are basically relying on one of Memphis, SA, or Dallas to fall out. Memphis is doing this without Jaren Jackson, Dallas will never fall out as Doncic is the NBA poster boy, Pop is too good to let the Spurs fail. I'm optimistic, but also realistic.

The Spurs consistently play at a high level even though on paper they should probably be a bottom 5 team in the West, just goes to show what coaching does for a team. Walton is next level garbage. I disliked Joerger and his arrogant attitude, but my god Walton is making me miss Dave. The guy looks completely lost on when to control the game. I've never seen a coach let the wheels fall off without calling a timeout more than this guy. Halftime adjustments.. What are those?

It seems **** flows down stream. It starts with a piss poor owner, and then a god awful coach. Thankfully we got McNair who is hopefully competent (not much to judge off so far), if we can add a good coach to him then maybe, just maybe, we can right this ship.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#128 » by GTR11 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:15 am

as a BK fan just wondering.

Shamet for Hassan can work straight up. Neither one is a key piece or getting consistent minutes.

What your thoughts. Will another guard do it for you guys.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#129 » by NYG » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:53 pm

What is it looking like from local reporting in Sacramento?

Are the Kings likely to be sellers or buyers at the deadline?

With everyone trying to compete and a limited trade market, the Kings could really get great value for Hield, Barnes, Bjelica, etc. while also reducing their talent enough to drop their way into a top 5 pick. Adding a top 5 pick in this draft around Fox and Haliburton while increasing flexibility financially seems to be a solid option.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#130 » by BoogieTime » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:28 pm

GTR11 wrote:as a BK fan just wondering.

Shamet for Hassan can work straight up. Neither one is a key piece or getting consistent minutes.

You wouldn’t want whiteside. Not a solid solution IMO. Drives us nuts
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,717

Post#131 » by kalenclayton » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:33 am

BoogieTime wrote:
GTR11 wrote:as a BK fan just wondering.

You wouldn’t want whiteside. Not a solid solution IMO. Drives us nuts

In other words, we accept!
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#132 » by kalenclayton » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:45 am

NYG wrote:What is it looking like from local reporting in Sacramento?

With everyone trying to compete and a limited trade market, the Kings could really get great value for Hield, Barnes, Bjelica, etc. while also reducing their talent enough to drop their way into a top 5 pick. Adding a top 5 pick in this draft around Fox and Haliburton while increasing flexibility financially seems to be a solid option.

From what I’ve seen, the reporting has been quiet outside of the Bjelica saga. Because the team is still up for a playoff spot, they haven’t committed to a path yet. My hope is that they see reality soon and sell players off for better fitting pieces. Move Hield for a youth piece (player/pick). Barnes could be a keeper, but he’s probably up for sale if the team commits to youth. Holmes is a wild card. Obviously Bjelica is reportedly up for sale. I imagine the only other pieces that will be shopped in a selloff would be Whiteside, Glenn Robinson III, and Cory Joseph.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#133 » by NYG » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:50 am

kalenclayton wrote:

From what I’ve seen, the reporting has been quiet outside of the Bjelica saga. Because the team is still up for a playoff spot, they haven’t committed to a path yet. My hope is that they see reality soon and sell players off for better fitting pieces. Move Hield for a youth piece (player/pick). Barnes could be a keeper, but he’s probably up for sale if the team commits to youth. Holmes is a wild card. Obviously Bjelica is reportedly up for sale. I imagine the only other pieces that will be shopped in a selloff would be Whiteside, Glenn Robinson III, and Cory Joseph.

Would the Kings deal Harrison Barnes for Zach Collins, Anfernee Simons and Rodney Hood?

What are they expecting for Bjelica?

You think Whiteside, Robinson III and/or Joseph could get anything?

Where is Hield a fit that has a player/pick you would want?
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,121

Post#134 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:04 am

Just dropping in to say that Haliburton is the best player in the 2020 draft.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#135 » by BoogieTime » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:09 am

giannis and 1 wrote:Just dropping in to say that Haliburton is the best player in the 2020 draft.

Wow. Thanks. Lamelo is looking damn good though... I’m happy that IMO he will be one of the better players in the draft
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,121

Post#136 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:15 am

BoogieTime wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:Just dropping in to say that Haliburton is the best player in the 2020 draft.

Wow. Thanks. Lamelo is looking damn good though... I’m happy that IMO he will be one of the better players in the draft

He's more well rounded than LaMelo with his shooting and defense. IMO he has a high BBIQ+ice in his veins which is a scary combo. He will be a superstar.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by kalenclayton » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 am

NYG wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

Would the Kings deal Harrison Barnes for Zach Collins, Anfernee Simons and Rodney Hood?

What are they expecting for Bjelica?

You think Whiteside, Robinson III and/or Joseph could get anything?

Where is Hield a fit that has a player/pick you would want?

I’d personally take the Collins trade because it cuts future salary and brings back potential. The Kings need more players who can score and play fast. I believe all three guys who are coming back in that trade would succeed playing that way... Simons in particular. I think he would be a great addition to the Kings bench and he can play with both Fox and Haliburton. Collins is the interesting part because the Kings are lacking big man depth. If he can come back and prove he’s a good fit, I can see him getting an extension in the offseason.

I believe Bjelica is being shopped for the highest pick. Probably a high 2nd at best (I’m thinking 38 value) unless the team can package him with 2-3 2nds for a very late first.

I think Whiteside and GRIII are contributors on the right team. Both are 2nd round value with Whiteside possibly being high 2nd value. GRIII would be good as a 10th man auxiliary guy who can hit the three and play hard.

I only see Joseph being moved if another team wants to cut a year off of another guy, but the Kings will not want to do that unless they’ve already cut salary elsewhere. My assumption is that the team wants to keep Richaun Holmes and they only have early bird rights. That means they will need to keep team salary neutral or less in the offseason. As is, they can only offer a little over the mid-level.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#138 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:31 am

Not a trade but we cut GRIII. Hope that means Woodard comes up soon. Need to start seeing what we have in Woodard and Ramsey. I've seen enough Joseph, Whiteside, and GR

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
NocioniHomie
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#139 » by NocioniHomie » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:18 pm

Bulls fans wondering what we might have to give up for Barnes?

I proposed Otto Porter Jr. and lottery protected 1rst. Or Otto Porter + Lauri Markannen for Barnes + filler. OPJ is expiring and many Bulls fans aren't looking to pay Lauri.

Always have liked Barnes' game. Think he would fit really well on our current roster
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#140 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:25 pm

NocioniHomie wrote:Bulls fans wondering what we might have to give up for Barnes?

I proposed Otto Porter Jr. and lottery protected 1rst. Or Otto Porter + Lauri Markannen for Barnes + filler. OPJ is expiring and many Bulls fans aren't looking to pay Lauri.

Always have liked Barnes' game. Think he would fit really well on our current roster

Interesting. I don't think we pay Lauri either although that value seems really good. The lotto protected pick could be interesting. But I wouldn't bet on the Heat/Celtics missing the playoffs. So that leaves me to question if the Bulls could beat out the Hornets/Knicks for the last spot. With Barnes I think they could.

Id do Barnes/Parker for Porter + Lotto Protected 1st.

Or

3 team trade routing Lauri elsewhere. Not sure whats the market for Lauri or who could use him is the only issue. If he could fetch a semi decent guy/prospect like Dort, Miles Bridges, Bamba who made more sense for Sac then id do it.

Return to Sacramento Kings