ImageImageImageImageImage

1ST -3RD PICK WHO DO YOU LIKE ?

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Re: 1ST -3RD PICK WHO DO YOU LIKE ? 

Post#41 » by deNIEd » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:55 am

bflewis wrote:Wow, I am drooling over the fact of John Wall in the Draft!
I would even go as far to say that I'd take him #1!
He has so much talent AND fits into what we need!
I now believe in the Basketball God!

Basketball God named David Stern...and for some reason that god hates Sacramento.

I believe that the San Antonio game was the league telling that we are going to get the 4th pick.

Knowing our luck, we'll probably be a bottom 3 team for the next 10 years or so, missing the number 1 pick every year, until 1 year, a player even greater than Lebron comes around. This player pushes us into the playoffs in year 1, and carries us into the western conference finals as a rookie, when in game 7 he receives a career ending injury. Oh, this whole situation was orchestrated by the league.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#42 » by deNIEd » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:05 am

Also, I wouldn't get too excited. The whole reason reports of Rubio declaring this year is that he might not be a top 3 pick next year (mainly cause this one high school point guard is really good and could easily get picked above Rubio next year).

If Wall declares, I think Rubio thinks twice about coming out, cause whoever is in the 2010 draft is without doubt the best PG in that draft.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#43 » by Smills91 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:14 am

Blake Girffin
John Wall(I think he's jumping in)
Ricky Rubio
Dustin5566
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#44 » by Dustin5566 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:00 pm

This is how it will go:
1. griffin
2. Wall
3. Rubio
4. Kings pick

:(

And I honestly think that Wall has a legitimate shot at going 1st overall depending on the team. If Blake measures out at around 6'7 and Wall has a great workout then he has a shot. GM's are not going to want to pass on the next Derrick Rose.
perezident
Sixth Man
And1: 73
Location: On the beautiful island of the Bahamas. Where I was born

Post#45 » by perezident » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:44 pm

If wall declares i would (as some of you americans would say) "jizz in my pants"- lol first time i heard dat, i almost died :rofl:

But this would suck though. Another high level prospect could make this draft even that more interesting making the TOP 3!!! picks keepers. And most likely that we'd be getting the 4th pick. So unless DeRozan is the best kept secret in the draft and is a Grant Hill pre injury, a Scottie Pippen or even a Clyde Drexler....we're pretty much screwed with that 4th pick
Smills91 wrote:You guys are idiots....
If you sleep on Beno, he can drop 30/10 on you.

^Shall remain until this happens :rofl:

theo42 wrote:If you think Philly isn't getting better you will be shocked with how they play this year.

^ :lol: (7/4/15)
artest420
Junior
And1: 1

Post#46 » by artest420 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 pm

have you guys heard of a make up call. giving us the #1 and letting wall enter the draft would be a few make up calls for the kings. we are owed a lot.
darkadun
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#47 » by darkadun » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Regardless, I think we will get a top 2 pick. Even 3 is not devestating, especially if Wall & Rubio are in. We basically have a 75% chance not to get the 4th pick. Alot of teams have got screwed, I know. But Miami had the worst record last year, and they did get the 2nd pick. I just have a feeling we'll get at least the 2 if not 3.
Sometimes you just have to look yourself in the mirror and say....Tyreke Evans.
That just happened.
darkadun
Pro Prospect

Post#48 » by darkadun » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:56 pm

more J Wall "rumors" floating around.

http://sportzassassin2.blogspot.com/200 ... 9-nba.html

Lets just say Wall does declare and we have the #1 pick. Would you take Wall over Griffin? I think I would.
That just happened.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#49 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Even if Wall declares, Griffin is still a clear #1 pick. There's no way you pass on a talent like that for an unproven PG (Rubio or Wall).
UKF
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by UKF » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:19 pm

If it is possible that we get John Wall, I really don't see Petrie making that pick. He likes guys coming out of college and last year everybody he picked had four years of schooling. We'll see what happens but I wouldn't get to excited, I would see Petrie going with Eric Maynor before he drafted Wall.

The good thing though, is a team like Washington or L.A could take him, and leave us Rubio...I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.
perezident
Sixth Man
And1: 73
Location: On the beautiful island of the Bahamas. Where I was born

Post#51 » by perezident » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:42 pm

If wall declares, then i WANT that second pick!!! But even if we get that 1st pick, i can very well see Petrie doing a Chicago Bulls last year. Teams are constantly reminded of what the Hawks and Portland did in the draft! Hawks took Sheldon Williams instead of a PG, because he was " a talented big man". And the Blazers didnt draft Chris Paul nor Deron Williams because they had TELFAIR!! Then drafter Martell Webster :rofl: Whereas Bulls took Rose(the best player available) instead of Beasley (team need).

The point is, Wall is the best player available imho. Not only is he the best player, he is a pivitol team need and a must needed position in basketball!

Scenario: Draft lineup Kings#1, OKC#2

Kings trade Griffin, Noc, Beno #31
gets: John Wall, Jeff Green, Earl Watson, Damien Wilkins #23

Draft: #23-BJ Mullens, #25-Gani Lawal

Newlineup
Hawes/Mullens
JT/Lawal
Green/Donte
Kmart/Garcia/Wilkins
Wall/Watson

OKC Lineup
Kristic
Griffin
Durant
Westbrook
Beno
Smills91 wrote:You guys are idiots....
If you sleep on Beno, he can drop 30/10 on you.

^Shall remain until this happens :rofl:

theo42 wrote:If you think Philly isn't getting better you will be shocked with how they play this year.

^ :lol: (7/4/15)
RoyalCourtJestr
Analyst

Post#52 » by RoyalCourtJestr » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 pm

UKF wrote:If it is possible that we get John Wall, I really don't see Petrie making that pick. He likes guys coming out of college and last year everybody he picked had four years of schooling. We'll see what happens but I wouldn't get to excited, I would see Petrie going with Eric Maynor before he drafted Wall.

The good thing though, is a team like Washington or L.A could take him, and leave us Rubio...I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Even while every GM has his own personal favorite qualities in a player (in Petries examples, shooting oriented, well rounded, experienced, ect.), they aren't idiots. Petrie won't pass on pure stardom just to take someon with his favorite skillset. You think Petrie would have passed on LeBron and taken Boris Diaw with the #1 overall pick in 03, just because Diaw fits more into the Petrie mold?
mprose wrote:And that leaves me with the conclusion that DMC is the Sarah Palin of the NBA.
artest420
Junior

Post#53 » by artest420 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:43 pm

personally i think if we had to choose between rubio and wall, i'd bet we get rubio. both are predicted to be superstars, but petrie loves euros. in reality, i think wall might compliment martin more. ill be happy with either. griffin is good, but he's losing his flair to make the kings better. we need a pg
darkadun
Pro Prospect

Post#54 » by darkadun » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:47 pm

Lightning Strike wrote:You think Petrie would have passed on LeBron and taken Boris Diaw with the #1 overall pick in 03, just because Diaw fits more into the Petrie mold?

Thats how I feel as well. It's not a easy choice, if I was GM i'd have to seriously weigh all the options. Griffin is by far the most accomplished and NBA ready player.

With that said, I'd still lean towards taking Wall. Not saying he's these players, but Lebron, Kobe and Howard all came out of HS, and look at where they are now. Wall seems to fit what we need more that Griffin, and if ends up being a Rose/Wade type of player, its worth the risk to me. Nothing is a sure bet, even with what Griffin has done so far.

But really..who knows what Petrie is going to do? He'll probably end up drafting someone we've never even heard off. lol
That just happened.
artest420
Junior

Post#55 » by artest420 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 pm

im just glad we have a pick thats going to be too high to even think about curry. we dont need a curry
darkadun
Pro Prospect

Post#56 » by darkadun » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:30 pm

eh, I like curry, but I'm in agreement we don't need him. Him and Martin do virtually the same thing. We need a leader & distributor at the point.
That just happened.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,455

Post#57 » by KF10 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:45 pm

No way I support picking Curry with the lotto pick. There is so much better options than that.
bflewis
Sophomore

Post#58 » by bflewis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:43 am

This Guy is imho the Best Player in the Draft, if he declares!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4psLTfv ... re=related

Tier 1
1. Wall
2. Griffin

Tier 2
1. Rubio

Tier 3
1. Jennings

Tier 4
Everyone Else!

Petrie PLEASE Pick John Wall!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#59 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:01 am

Yeah lets not get our hopes up here, lets see if he is actually even worth discussing.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#60 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:38 am

ya you can officially sign me up for the John Wall bandwagon.

2 concerns

first and foremost, will he declare?

second, is he isn't really a petrie pick. Granted Petrie probably hasn't been in position to draft a player of his caliber, but I don't know if I'd be surprised if he took Griffin or Rubio over Wall.

Return to Sacramento Kings