Random Kings talk

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1521 » by jazanetti » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:29 am

jbk1234 wrote:
jazanetti wrote:I think Hill is very good player on both ends of the court. He can play on and off ball and he is perfect teammate. He is over payed right now, but next year his contract will be very attractive, and he can really help as to get some more wins at 2018-2019 season. We do not need to give him for nothing (IT is UFA, Shump isn't better than Tample). I'd trade him away only for good lottery pick (if Cavs give Nets pick) without absorbing bad and long term contracts.
Middleton is a very good player too, but he isn't much better than Hill. He is not a star and have no potential to be better than Buddy or Bogdan can be.

Yeah if the Kings want that type of value for a 31-year old George Hill when he's owed $20 million, the Cavs will look elsewhere.

31-year old means he will probably play at the same level till the end of his contract or longer) And I can't say he is mentor type vet. He is a very useful player right now, not a star but strong enough in every aspect of the game.
Without 2019 1-st round pick Kings need to be competitive next year and I don't think we can sign better players than Hill at summer.
And with 10 rookies at roster Kings shouldn't feel bad about Hills 20 millions (19 next season and 18 non guaranteed a year after)
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Post#1522 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:31 am

jazanetti wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
jazanetti wrote:I think Hill is very good player on both ends of the court. He can play on and off ball and he is perfect teammate. He is over payed right now, but next year his contract will be very attractive, and he can really help as to get some more wins at 2018-2019 season. We do not need to give him for nothing (IT is UFA, Shump isn't better than Tample). I'd trade him away only for good lottery pick (if Cavs give Nets pick) without absorbing bad and long term contracts.
Middleton is a very good player too, but he isn't much better than Hill. He is not a star and have no potential to be better than Buddy or Bogdan can be.

Yeah if the Kings want that type of value for a 31-year old George Hill when he's owed $20 million, the Cavs will look elsewhere.

31-year old means he will probably play at the same level till the end of his contract or longer) And I can't say he is mentor type vet. He is a very useful player right now, not a star but strong enough in every aspect of the game.
Without 2019 1-st round pick Kings need to be competitive next year and I don't think we can sign better players than Hill at summer.
And with 10 rookies at roster Kings shouldn't feel bad about Hills 20 millions (19 next season and 18 non guaranteed a year after)

If the Kings want to hold onto him that's fine, but he's not Kemba nor Conley. Teams aren't going to give up a lottery pick to get him.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jazanetti
Junior

Post#1523 » by jazanetti » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:21 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
jazanetti wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

If the Kings want to hold onto him that's fine, but he's not Kemba nor Conley. Teams aren't going to give up a lottery pick to get him.

Conley is much more expensive, Kemba is much weaker defender, so... I understand that they are closer to star level, but I think Hill is really about the same level of usefulness.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#1524 » by kalenclayton » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:23 pm

jazanetti wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
jazanetti wrote:31-year old means he will probably play at the same level till the end of his contract or longer) And I can't say he is mentor type vet. He is a very useful player right now, not a star but strong enough in every aspect of the game.

Conley is much more expensive, Kemba is much weaker defender, so... I understand that they are closer to star level, but I think Hill is really about the same level of usefulness.

With contract, age, and talent in consideration, I think it’s Kemba>>Hill>Conley. Kemba’s impact isn’t just offense. Dude is fiery and a leader. His offense is great. Hill is a very good all around player who is a bad fit for the current Kings team. Conley is a very good all around player as well, but that contract is just too much.

As for moving Hill, I think the Kings move him only if he returns a mid-late first without hurting future cap. We also have to consider what filler is coming back. The player coming back must not be a negative in the locker room and someone who is not going to be pissed about not getting minutes. If the Cavs are the trade partner, J.R. Smith should be a no go. His demeanor, contract, and play style would not fit with the Kings. Frye and Shumpert could work. Frye seems to be a good locker room presence and could be a stretch big off the bench. Shump could be fine in the locker room. The Kings would need to send another player back and I just can’t see that player. The Kings don’t have players that are throwaways at low cost. A third team would need to be involved. So for hypotheticals:
Shump, Frye, CLE ‘18 1st and 2nd rounder (3rd team) to SAC
Hill to CLE
Koufos or Randolph to 3rd team.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#1525 » by dozencousins » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:42 pm

UPDATE :

The Kings have been in multiple 3 way trade talks via Kings , Rockets & Cliopers

as well as Kings , Clippers & Cavs

In both deals Kings as the facilitator with D. Jordan going to either the Cavs or Rockets .

Both Cavs & Boston sharing interest in Koufas

Here is where we are at . We want picks , Young vets . We are willing to take expiring contracts but no scrubs unless we get a major incentive for taking one or unless it is a filler were we are satisfied with the return .

In regards to G.Hill his contract is not bad for todays going rate via NBA . That said based on contract vs. contract of what is available and you factor that what is likely available we don't want . Hill will be the harder contract to trade of all the vets . I am confident he will get traded but it is tricky . I might be wrong but everything I here the teams that have the best chance of getting him is Phoenix , Denver , Cavs & Dark horses are Portland & 76ers.

I would venture to say if Hill was not traded by the deadline it is highly likely he would be before the start of next season.

At this moment no deal is real close to being done . Cavs and Clippers are both exploring all options and Kings will only participate if it makes sense for them .
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,530

Post#1526 » by codydaze » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:58 pm

I would say Middleton is a much better player than Hill and is already better than Bogdan and Buddy. He would actually be a great fit at the 3 alongside Bogdan on the wing with Buddy off the bench. Middleton is only a year older than Bogdan and 1.5 years older than Buddy too... Kinda irrelevant really because I don't see there being any possibility Milwaukee would go for a Hill/Middleton swap no matter what the other pieces were.
jazanetti
Junior

Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1527 » by jazanetti » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:50 pm

dozencousins wrote:UPDATE :

The Kings have been in multiple 3 way trade talks via Kings , Rockets & Cliopers

In both deals Kings as the facilitator with D. Jordan going to either the Cavs or Rockets .

Here is where we are at . We want picks , Young vets . We are willing to take expiring contracts but no scrubs unless we get a major incentive for taking one or unless it is a filler were we are satisfied with the return .

In regards to G.Hill his contract is not bad for todays going rate via NBA . That said based on contract vs. contract of what is available and you factor that what is likely available we don't want . Hill will be the harder contract to trade of all the vets . I am confident he will get traded but it is tricky . I might be wrong but everything I here the teams that have the best chance of getting him is Phoenix , Denver , Cavs & Dark horses are Portland & 76ers.

I would venture to say if Hill was not traded by the deadline it is highly likely he would be before the start of next season.

At this moment no deal is real close to being done . Cavs and Clippers are both exploring all options and Kings will only participate if it makes sense for them .

Rockets interested in DeAndre? They have Capella who's younger, cheaper and fits them better.

Sent from my MI 3W using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1528 » by City of Trees » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 pm

jazanetti wrote:

Rockets interested in DeAndre? They have Capella who's younger, cheaper and fits them better.

Yeah that doesnt make sense.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#1529 » by dozencousins » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm

City of Trees wrote:
jazanetti wrote:

Makes sense or not it is true . I wouldn't trade for him if I was Houston either but that is what they are trying to do .
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1530 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Hill isn't going to want to take a backseat in a contract year, or this year most likely. He's already started piping up about this not being what he expected. The Kings will be forced to move him sooner than later. No team is giving Sacramento a lotto pick, they overpaid and subsequently tanked his value trying to fit 13 players in to the picture every night. Hill at his peak is a good player but the Kings did this to themselves again.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,572

Post#1531 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:44 am

City of Trees wrote:
jazanetti wrote:

lol... of course that isnt the case. Capela is ballin out of his mind, hes better than Jordan with a better contract status..
KeithCozart
Junior
And1: 519

Post#1532 » by KeithCozart » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:38 am

Trading Middleton to Kings is not a good move bcs u already have that 20/5/5 guy in Bogdanovic, trust me if he keep playing like this he is easily that guy. Moving Middleton to Sac would only harm that process. I watch a lot of Euroleague games and watched Bogdan for quite a long time, he dominated Europe in basketball that is much harder to play than American so its just adjustments for him here in USA. Coach Joerger has to put Bogdan as a leader of this young group and since Kings arent so good this year that would be no problem for him. Also trading Hield and WCS is nonsense as for me, send Hill to Cavs for 1st round Nets pick + sharpshooter...
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#1533 » by sacking123 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:04 am

If we trade Hill we should be looking for a 1st next year and expiring contracts that we can just buy out. Sign some of our Reno guys to fill in, hell thats meant to be what the G League and 2 way contracts are for yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
jazanetti
Junior

Post#1534 » by jazanetti » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:33 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:

Hill isn't going to want to take a backseat in a contract year, or this year most likely. He's already started piping up about this not being what he expected. The Kings will be forced to move him sooner than later. No team is giving Sacramento a lotto pick, they overpaid and subsequently tanked his value trying to fit 13 players in to the picture every night. Hill at his peak is a good player but the Kings did this to themselves again.

If 36 minutes is not enough for him I don't know what he was expecting :D
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1535 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Harry Giles not gonna see any NBA game time this year, looks like it will be a redshirt year for him. I think that's the right move and I really hope he comes back next year and beasts for us. We need it.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1536 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Kings statement says Giles will play in Summer League.

Man dont get hurt.. Lol
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1537 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:00 pm

City of Trees wrote:Kings statement says Giles will play in Summer League.

Man dont get hurt.. Lol

The article James Ham put out said he's 100% healthy, has improved his agility, strength and quickness AND put on 27 pounds, up to 249 from 222 where he was pre-draft. Sounds like he's putting in some real work, can't wait to see him in Summer but I'll be cringing in fear every time he leaves his feet.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1538 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:31 pm

jazanetti wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

If 36 minutes is not enough for him I don't know what he was expecting :D

Maybe a bit of showcasing going on? 8-)
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1539 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pm

codydaze wrote:

Man dont get hurt.. Lol

The article James Ham put out said he's 100% healthy, has improved his agility, strength and quickness AND put on 27 pounds, up to 249 from 222 where he was pre-draft. Sounds like he's putting in some real work, can't wait to see him in Summer but I'll be cringing in fear every time he leaves his feet.

27 pounds in 6 months? With bad knees? Somebody hide those drug tests. :lol:
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1540 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:35 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Man dont get hurt.. Lol

27 pounds in 6 months? With bad knees? Somebody hide those drug tests. :lol:

Right? Lol I'm wondering if it was a typo because the article said he "gained a few pounds" before saying it was 222 to 249. 27 pounds is quite a bit more then just "a few"

Return to Sacramento Kings