ImageImageImageImageImage

Random Kings talk

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1281 » by mos_def » Fri Jul 7, 2017 5:20 am

Vince Carter signed. Joerger must love this team, it looks just like Memphis.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#1282 » by enderwilson » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:41 pm

mos_def wrote:Vince Carter signed. Joerger must love this team, it looks just like Memphis.

With Randolf, VC, AND Kosta all being former Memphis players, and Hill being as close to a 3 and D Mike Conley as we could hope to get, it is pretty cookie-cutter isn't it? Given the recent past of this team, I'll take it.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#1283 » by TKainZero » Sat Jul 8, 2017 7:50 am

Lakers fan here,

I just want to say I really like what the kings have done post cousins

Zbo/hill/VC are 3 solid vets who can help their large stable of young prospects

Keep up the good work!
May vlade make the kings great again!!!
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1284 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Wow so Bogdonavic nickname is Bogi (pronounced like Yogi) and one of Mason III or VC will be wearing #15. Boogie Cousins has to be sitting there like damn that was fast haha.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#1285 » by codydaze » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:17 pm

City of Trees wrote:Wow so Bogdonavic nickname is Bogi (pronounced like Yogi) and one of Mason III or VC will be wearing #15. Boogie Cousins has to be sitting there like damn that was fast haha.

Boogie hearing all this like

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#1286 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:44 pm

City of Trees wrote:Wow so Bogdonavic nickname is Bogi (pronounced like Yogi) and one of Mason III or VC will be wearing #15. Boogie Cousins has to be sitting there like damn that was fast haha.

I doubt he has any feeling about it but its off-season blog and twitter worthy.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#1287 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

F!

Someone brought up this possibility awhile back and I discounted it cuz he just got here. Now that the off season is over, if they offer him the moon I doubt he turns it down. Man, I hope this is either false or falls thru.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1288 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Kings want cash compensation from NYK. Damn, sounds like it's almost a done deal... this sucks.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1289 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:27 pm

The Kings let their rockstar VP walk for cash after 53 days on the job. KANGZ move if I've ever seen one.

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1290 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:34 pm

City of Trees wrote:The Kings let their rockstar VP walk for cash after 53 days on the job. KANGZ move if I've ever seen one.

Yeah, he should have stayed to be Vlades assistant when his supposed dream job is out there for him to take. :lol:
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1291 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:37 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:The Kings let their rockstar VP walk for cash after 53 days on the job. KANGZ move if I've ever seen one.

Yeah, he should have stayed to be Vlades assistant when his supposed dream job is out there for him to take. :lol:

I would have promoted him to GM. Oh well, KANGZ are back hope you enjoy it.

sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#1292 » by sacking123 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:39 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:

Yeah, we were really in a no win situation here. I'm hoping we at least have made inroads into rebuilding the reputation and I'm sure Perry would have nothing but good things to say about Sacramento for doing this. It really sucks though.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1293 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:42 pm

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Perry was a good hire, but you really think he's been the sole difference? He's been here for basically one draft cycle.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1294 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:49 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Perry was a good hire, but you really think he's been the sole difference? He's been here for basically one draft cycle.

IMO Perry was the missing key that allowed Vlade to apply his vision

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1295 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:01 pm

I think the Kings could have satisfied Perry's desire for a larger role well before the Knicks job became available. Kings knew he had an interest in a larger role when he listened to ATL' s offer after only a week or two on the job. Kings sat on their hands and here is your result.

I hope the Kings can bring in a similar replacement.

SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1296 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:03 pm

I think the Kings had a good off-season but I fail to see anything remotely visionary about it. The draft ended up looking similar to the one Vlade pulled off last year. FA was all about coach favors and why not value in Hill. I think the only regret might be what could have been as a fallback plan with Perry should changes need to be made sooner than later in the FO. I guess maybe you could attribute workout attendance to him? The interest in Porter? He seemed to fit right in so the Kings aren't better by losing him but I'm not sure about a Kangz level difference.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#1297 » by codydaze » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:I think the Kings had a good off-season but I fail to see anything remotely visionary about it. The draft ended up looking similar to the one Vlade pulled off last year. FA was all about coach favors and why not value in Hill. I think the only regret might be what could have been as a fallback plan with Perry should changes need to be made sooner than later in the FO. I guess maybe you could attribute workout attendance to him? The interest in Porter? He seemed to fit right in so the Kings aren't better by losing him but I'm not sure about a Kangz level difference.

I think something you're probably understating is Perry's influence in getting all those pre-draft workouts. His reputation and connections allowed us to get all those high profile workouts in my opinion. I think there's probably an enhancement to our image for allowing him to go after his dream job but it will suck not having him a part of the FO team anymore. Scott Perry joins the team and we have the best offseason we've had in a very long time. Coincidence or not?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1298 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:27 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:I think the Kings had a good off-season but I fail to see anything remotely visionary about it. The draft ended up looking similar to the one Vlade pulled off last year. FA was all about coach favors and why not value in Hill. I think the only regret might be what could have been as a fallback plan with Perry should changes need to be made sooner than later in the FO. I guess maybe you could attribute workout attendance to him? The interest in Porter? He seemed to fit right in so the Kings aren't better by losing him but I'm not sure about a Kangz level difference.

Vlade isnt a real GM, he's a GM in training. The Kings got worse today no other way around it. Perry has the connections, he has the media relations, he has the experience.

I'm just pissed because I saw a stable FO for the first time in a long time and now it's gone.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1299 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:29 pm

codydaze wrote:

I think something you're probably understating is Perry's influence in getting all those pre-draft workouts. His reputation and connections allowed us to get all those high profile workouts in my opinion. I think there's probably an enhancement to our image for allowing him to go after his dream job but it will suck not having him a part of the FO team anymore. Scott Perry joins the team and we have the best offseason we've had in a very long time. Coincidence or not?

Planting a positive impression on as many prospects/players as possible goes a long ways to changing perception within the league as well.

Can't stress how important it is to replace Perry.

SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1300 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 pm

codydaze wrote:

The workouts were nice, no doubt, but in the end the draft went the way they wanted anyway and looked as much like Vlades move back last year, pre-Perry. It might have all been Perry but I don't see any direct evidence of it and certainly not enough to declare a new era of incompetence as a result. If the Kings loaded up on picks and dead weight deals I could see someone other than Vlade at the control, but in the end the Kings just had a potentially better version of the summer they just did last year. Short deal vets that fill some sort of need. The biggest negative is probably the loss of someone to step in if it ever even comes to that.

Return to Sacramento Kings