Random Kings talk

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1541 » by GimmeDat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:36 pm

It would've been cool to see Giles out there but I love that route of redshirting him - this is his best opportunity at long term health and high level play.

Sounds like he's put on a lot of weight though - I would worry about making him too bulky though, sometimes that impacts stress on the joints. Sounds like they're doing a lot to build up his knees as well though.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,717

Post#1542 » by kalenclayton » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:42 pm

GimmeDat wrote:It would've been cool to see Giles out there but I love that route of redshirting him - this is his best opportunity at long term health and high level play.

Sounds like he's put on a lot of weight though - I would worry about making him too bulky though, sometimes that impacts stress on the joints. Sounds like they're doing a lot to build up his knees as well though.

I agree with the decision. I think he has a ton of potential and we have plenty of time to wait for him. Redshirting was definitely the best option.

I can’t wait to see what he can do at this level.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#1543 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 pm

codydaze wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
codydaze wrote:
The article James Ham put out said he's 100% healthy, has improved his agility, strength and quickness AND put on 27 pounds, up to 249 from 222 where he was pre-draft. Sounds like he's putting in some real work, can't wait to see him in Summer but I'll be cringing in fear every time he leaves his feet.

27 pounds in 6 months? With bad knees? Somebody hide those drug tests. :lol:

Right? Lol I'm wondering if it was a typo because the article said he "gained a few pounds" before saying it was 222 to 249. 27 pounds is quite a bit more then just "a few"

Not doubting that could be drugs but I' living proof it's possible. I put on 20lbs in 6 months when I was 21 just by eating well above my caloric threshold with most of the calories coming from good protein and working doing varied workouts at 24hr fitness.

Giles has some best trainers and nutritionist money can buy. Very possible it could be done without messing with your testosterone levels. Especially when your still growing.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#1544 » by dozencousins » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:28 pm

Kings & Cavs as I mentioned way back in the thread are still talking we are now engaged with Charlotte as a 3rd team . If this does become the case that means Kings would likely get Kemba in a deal .

I have heard via my source that the 3 teams have talked in regards to .
While no deal is for sure I know the Cavs & Char are both pressing a deal to get done sooner rather than later .
Guess we will see if it gains a lot more traction or not ,

To Kings : Kemba & Williams + a pick ( unknown as of now )
To Cavs : Hill & Koufas
to Char : T.Thompson , Shumpert

I am not to fond of Williams at this point myself . I cannot see the Kings wanting to keep Williams if we get him unless their is another deal soon enough .
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#1545 » by codydaze » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:48 pm

dozencousins wrote:Kings & Cavs as I mentioned way back in the thread are still talking we are now engaged with Charlotte as a 3rd team . If this does become the case that means Kings would likely get Kemba in a deal .

While no deal is for sure I know the Cavs & Char are both pressing a deal to get done sooner rather than later .

I am not to fond of Williams at this point myself . I cannot see the Kings wanting to keep Williams if we get him unless their is another deal soon enough .

I imagine Charlotte wants much better assets than TT coming back for Kemba. He's on a great contract so it shouldn't be too hard for them either. Couldn't see CHA making this deal as constructed.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1546 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 am

If the Kings traded for Walker then their cluelessness would have reached beyond epic levels. I'm pretty sure the league's hand would be forced to contract the team at that point. :lol:
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#1547 » by nolimit0820 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:04 am

So we trade Hill to give the reigns to Fox for Kemba who then delays Fox taking the reigns?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1548 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:57 am

Jesus if the Kings trade for Kemba im out until the draft. Im not kidding.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1549 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:59 am

As for the Hill to CLE rumors... I see no real value to be had other than taking back different salary and a late-late 1st. I really dont care for it.... but whatever.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1550 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:52 am

I think they will agree to Thompson, Shumpert, Frye, and maybe 2018 CLE 1st for Hill, Koufos.
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#1551 » by Sacramento_King » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:19 am

dozencousins wrote:Kings & Cavs as I mentioned way back in the thread are still talking we are now engaged with Charlotte as a 3rd team . If this does become the case that means Kings would likely get Kemba in a deal .

I call BS on this. No way that they move Kemba and what is owed to Williams just to take back Thompson and still pay Shump for an addl year. Absolutely no benefit to Charlotte as you have presented. They actually take on more money and worse players.
Castor_Troy
Senior
And1: 67

Post#1552 » by Castor_Troy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Lol, fake news!
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#1553 » by JohnWillow » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:43 pm

City of Trees wrote:As for the Hill to CLE rumors... I see no real value to be had other than taking back different salary and a late-late 1st. I really dont care for it.... but whatever.

Cedi Osman? He is so much better than Richardson and Jackson combined to be honest.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#1554 » by blind prophet » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:46 pm

I don't think we can get the Cle pick, Stephen rule. They have a protected 2019 pick going to Atlanta.
VeganKingsFan
Junior
And1: 81

Post#1555 » by VeganKingsFan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:32 pm

blind prophet wrote:I don't think we can get the Cle pick, Stephen rule. They have a protected 2019 pick going to Atlanta.

Isn't it okay if they have any first round pick every other year? They still have the Brooklyn pick so they can trade their own.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1556 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:16 pm

City of Trees wrote:As for the Hill to CLE rumors... I see no real value to be had other than taking back different salary and a late-late 1st. I really dont care for it.... but whatever.

If they can cut any money off his deal next year then they are better off if for nothing more than damage control. Heck, they can keep the late 1st too, the Kings can't fit the late first players they've got in the rotation now.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1557 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:18 pm

JohnWillow wrote:

Cedi Osman? He is so much better than Richardson and Jackson combined to be honest.

I've liked Cedi for awhile but I don't see them doing that. The Kings made their own bed with Hill and it's clear he wants and needs to be out so the Kings need to do anything short of taking on a horrible deal for him because while overpaid his contract is now almost half over.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#1558 » by blind prophet » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:01 pm

VeganKingsFan wrote:
blind prophet wrote:I don't think we can get the Cle pick, Stephen rule. They have a protected 2019 pick going to Atlanta.

Isn't it okay if they have any first round pick every other year? They still have the Brooklyn pick so they can trade their own.

A couple people have mentioned that they can because of that.

I'm not sure.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,185

Post#1559 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:39 pm

Yeah if T. Thompson & Shump brought back Kemba, Williams and a pick, the Kings would get cut out in a nanosecond.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#1560 » by becorz » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:00 am

The real problem I am having with all these rumored deals is the Kings cap sheet next year. Right now, we have a full roster and out only guaranteed FA is Vince Carter. Replace him on the roster with our first round pick and you are right back in full roster territory. Kosta and Temple can become FA too, but I don't think they will choose that. And I don't see anyone on the team that is bad enough to flat out cut. I guess that would be Papa G, but are you really going to give up on a young center that fast?

The Kings really need to do some consolidating soon, or they are going to have a gigantic roster crunch.

The roster crunch is a reason why I really don't see Hill going anywhere. His almost contract is too big to trade without taking multiple people on...

Return to Sacramento Kings