Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1701 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Sacramento_King wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:I’d be down for a trade like that. Mahinmi will probably still be useful and not as much of a financial commitment.

Do you really think Oubre is going to command $20 Million? That’s a hefty price for a guy that hasn’t made a star leap. He’s good, but I don’t think he’s that good.

Last year Otto Porter - 32mpg/13ppg/6rpg/63%TS

This Year Kelly Oubre - 27mpg/12ppg/5rpg/58%TS

I think Oubre is also known as a better defender and he has 1 more year to continue to impove. Oubre has just about doubled his production from last year and is now shooting 40% from 3 on 4 shots per game.

Year 3 for Porter and Oubre look very similar.

Porter got 4/106 which is an average of 26.5 per year. Oubre will get paid with a higher max.. I see 20 million being low end. NBA stopped paying bigs and started overpaying wings because how important they are. Almost every team could use another long small forward, the market for Oubre will be strong and he could do much more with more minutes and development.

I see what you are saying but Porter is much more efficient then Oubre. I can't see someone wanting to pay Kelly that much but didnt think Otto was worth max either.

Look at Porters year 3 compared to Oubre. Oubre was more efficient. Porter had an amazing contract year and is still doing good but this year they both have a 58%ts.

Oubre also guards the hardest matchup, the guy is the wing version of Smart except he can actually shoot.

Hell id happily offer Oubre 20mil next year.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#1702 » by MotownMadness » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Surprised to see Skal on the block, what do you think you guys are expecting back in a trade for him?
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#1703 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:41 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Surprised to see Skal on the block, what do you think you guys are expecting back in a trade for him?

I don't think he's actually on the block. There was probably a "will you include the BKN pick if we include Skal" somewhere in the negotiations and that turned into "Skal is on the block".
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#1704 » by kalenclayton » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:19 am

codydaze wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Surprised to see Skal on the block, what do you think you guys are expecting back in a trade for him?

I don't think he's actually on the block. There was probably a "will you include the BKN pick if we include Skal" somewhere in the negotiations and that turned into "Skal is on the block".

I will second this. Skal is available for the right price, but I don’t think he is in any way on the block.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1705 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:49 am

The Cavs have benched Crowder to move TT back into the starting line up. Love moves back to the 4 which is where he should have been all along. I think Crowder would be a wonderful addition to the Kings, he is one of those combo Forwards a number of us think this team needs.

Kings get: Crowder

Cavs get: Hill

Dallas gets: Shumpert, 2019 second round draft pick from Orlando, Cleveland or Houston (second most favorable)- via Kings
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1706 » by kalenclayton » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:42 am

City of Trees wrote:The Cavs have benched Crowder to move TT back into the starting line up. Love moves back to the 4 which is where he should have been all along. I think Crowder would be a wonderful addition to the Kings, he is one of those combo Forwards a number of us think this team needs.

Dallas gets: Shumpert, 2019 second round draft pick from Orlando, Cleveland or Houston (second most favorable)- via Kings

I love it. I think Dallas may balk at it though. Not enough compensation imo.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1707 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:42 am

kalenclayton wrote:
City of Trees wrote:The Cavs have benched Crowder to move TT back into the starting line up. Love moves back to the 4 which is where he should have been all along. I think Crowder would be a wonderful addition to the Kings, he is one of those combo Forwards a number of us think this team needs.

Could always offer the 2018 Kings 2nd i suppose?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1708 » by kalenclayton » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:59 am

City of Trees wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

Could always offer the 2018 Kings 2nd i suppose?

That’s tough because that’s probably going to be a good pick. Regardless, I think that’s what gets it done.
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#1709 » by Sacramento_King » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:44 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Sacramento_King wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Last year Otto Porter - 32mpg/13ppg/6rpg/63%TS

This Year Kelly Oubre - 27mpg/12ppg/5rpg/58%TS

I think Oubre is also known as a better defender and he has 1 more year to continue to impove. Oubre has just about doubled his production from last year and is now shooting 40% from 3 on 4 shots per game.

Year 3 for Porter and Oubre look very similar.

Porter got 4/106 which is an average of 26.5 per year. Oubre will get paid with a higher max.. I see 20 million being low end. NBA stopped paying bigs and started overpaying wings because how important they are. Almost every team could use another long small forward, the market for Oubre will be strong and he could do much more with more minutes and development.

I see what you are saying but Porter is much more efficient then Oubre. I can't see someone wanting to pay Kelly that much but didnt think Otto was worth max either.

Look at Porters year 3 compared to Oubre. Oubre was more efficient. Porter had an amazing contract year and is still doing good but this year they both have a 58%ts.

Oubre also guards the hardest matchup, the guy is the wing version of Smart except he can actually shoot.

Hell id happily offer Oubre 20mil next year.

Man how crazy that a guy who avgs 12/5 is looking at over 20 million a year and will be closer to 30. In five years, I have no chance of ever getting tickets as they'll be priced out of the world.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,027

Post#1710 » by mg » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:32 pm

kalenclayton wrote:

Looks good if the Mavs would go for it.
Neither one of those Boston guys is fitting in Cleveland. IMO it would be pure hell going from a Brad Stevens system to fitting in on a LeBron/Wade iso dominated team featuring the likes of JR Smith.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#1711 » by Wolfay » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:58 am

I'm locking this thread since it seems a lot of different topics are crammed into a single thread, making discussions not only difficult to follow, but also to moderate. Create new threads as you see fit, but don't go wild. I'll create a "General" Trade Rumor Thread, but go ahead and start a new thread if a substantial rumor from an established source pops up.

Return to Sacramento Kings