ImageImageImageImageImage

16-17 Trade Discussion Thread *Read mod note on pg. 35*

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacSanity
Senior
And1: 89

16-17 Trade Discussion Thread *Read mod note on pg. 35* 

Post#1 » by SacSanity » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:11 am

Someone mentioned in the FA Thread about trying to get Patrick Beverley. I'm all for it.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Re: Off-Season Trade Discussion 

Post#2 » by KF10 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:16 am

Given what happened to the previous trade thread, creating a new one isn't optimal at this time.

The board will need to prove it can behave properly. Back and forth discussion is fine but things like personal attacks, baiting, and backseat moderation will not tolerated.

So, I'm locking this one.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#3 » by KF10 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Okay, I'm going to open this thread.
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#4 » by nolimit0820 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:12 am

Would love to see us make a move for Beverly and Ariza. Both are 3 and D players and are winners. Would the Rockets bite on a package centered around Gay and KK?
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#5 » by OGSactownballer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:16 am

Not really sure why so many here are so enamored with Beverly/Ariza who are an injury problem/clearly lost a step from an athletic based game (FYI - the first goes to Bev the second to Ariza).
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#6 » by nolimit0820 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:40 am

I hear ya. Beverly is injury prone and Ariza is an 11 year guy. Regardless, IMO...

They're culture changers. Ariza showed last season he still has good basketball left. He's became more than a respectable 3pt shooter at 38% and is right around career averages. He's a ball mover at the SF position, plays excellent team defense, and knows his role.

Beverly is a ball hawk on defense. 38% 3 point shooter. Can play off the ball or get the team into their offense.

Again, they're both culture changers. The intangibles that they carry are nothing a stat sheet can show. Hence why they call it the "Ariza Effect."
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#7 » by Kings2013 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Yet another Gay trade article in wiretap? At this point I'd be surprised if he had significant value after being supposedly shopped like this for this long and I wonder the urgency of this if true, either from his side or our side
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#8 » by enderwilson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Kings2013 wrote:Yet another Gay trade article in wiretap? At this point I'd be surprised if he had significant value after being supposedly shopped like this for this long and I wonder the urgency of this if true, either from his side or our side

Like you said in the other thread. Slow news cycle.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#9 » by blind prophet » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Kings2013 wrote:Yet another Gay trade article in wiretap? At this point I'd be surprised if he had significant value after being supposedly shopped like this for this long and I wonder the urgency of this if true, either from his side or our side

Well, They still say he asked out and site the other realgm article that had Voison as the source.

So someone can say something, then later report it was false, and it doesn't mater later to realgm as long as its the Kings for some reason.
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Post#10 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:59 pm

How does this sound? Don't be rude if you don't like it just please politely say why...

Denver:
Boogie
2017 kings 1st

Kings:
Gallinari
Faried
Malik Beasley
Memphis 2017 1st (top 5 protected)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#11 » by KF10 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:19 pm

The Kings can't trade their pick. Even they can, they wouldn't pair it up with Cousins -- especially if the return is sub par aka your deal is.

The Kings would set their criteria for Denver:

- Jokic
- Murray
- Chandler
- pick(s)

If Denver can't bring 90% of what's above, don't bother showing up to the table. Simple as that.

What you are offering are secondary/tertiary & below pieces for the best C in the L & an unprotected pick. It's an insult in the Kings eyes.
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior

Post#12 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:28 pm

KF10 wrote:The Kings can't trade their pick. Even they can, they wouldn't pair it up with Cousins -- especially if the return is sub par aka your deal is.

- Jokic
- Murray
- Chandler
- pick(s)

If Denver can't bring 90% of what's above, don't bother showing up to the table. Simple as that.

What you are offering are secondary/tertiary & below pieces for the best C in the L & an unprotected pick. It's an insult in the Kings eyes.

While I agree in some terms, Gallinari could be replaced with Chandler, that's no big deal... Jokic and Murray I assure you would be untouchable. Beasley was a steal at the 19th pick this year and is something I assume the kings would've wanted not having many decent shooting guards. Jokic doesn't even make sense imo because of this recent draft you guys just had + WCS. More picks is possible, and you wouldn't have to give that pick up I was just throwing it in because we were giving one up. +Faried is a great player at 12 million a year and you'd have him locked in for 3 more years. Boogie might be amazing but he's proved he can't lead a franchise with good players to the playoffs or even close to it for that matter. So how about

Denver:
Boogie

Sac Town:
Chandler
Malik Beasley
Kenneth Faried
Draft rights to Nikola Radiecevik(not how you spell his name but close enough)
Nuggets 2017 1st
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#13 » by KF10 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:32 pm

SlayOrNay wrote:
KF10 wrote:The Kings can't trade their pick. Even they can, they wouldn't pair it up with Cousins -- especially if the return is sub par aka your deal is.

- Jokic
- Murray
- Chandler
- pick(s)

While I agree in some terms, Gallinari could be replaced with Chandler, that's no big deal... Jokic and Murray I assure you would be untouchable. Beasley was a steal at the 19th pick this year and is something I assume the kings would've wanted not having many decent shooting guards. Jokic doesn't even make sense imo because of this recent draft you guys just had + WCS. More picks is possible, and you wouldn't have to give that pick up I was just throwing it in because we were giving one up. +Faried is a great player at 12 million a year and you'd have him locked in for 3 more years. Boogie might be amazing but he's proved he can't lead a franchise with good players to the playoffs or even close to it for that matter. So how about

Denver:
Boogie

Sac Town:
Chandler
Malik Beasley
Kenneth Faried
Draft rights to Nikola Radiecevik(not how you spell his name but close enough)
Nuggets 2017 1st

None of those pieces are close in nabbing Cousins, tbh.

I will assure you that if you post this in the T&T board, you will get laughed at.
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior

Post#14 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:34 pm

Make a trade yourself without involving Jokic Murray or Mudiay. I apologize if these seem laughable I just don't see Boogie having as much value as you guys do.

c3j3h
Senior
And1: 135

Post#15 » by c3j3h » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:50 pm

SlayOrNay wrote:Make a trade yourself without involving Jokic Murray or Mudiay. I apologize if these seem laughable I just don't see Boogie having as much value as you guys do.

So you want to trade for Cousins, but you don't want to give up your 3 most attractive trade pieces? How does that work?

If I were Vlade, the only Nuggets trades I would consider would look something like:

Jokic, Jamal Murray, Denver 2019 pick, and one of Gallo/Faried/Chandler
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Re: Off-Season Trade Discussion 

Post#16 » by City of Trees » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:54 pm

SlayOrNay wrote:Make a trade yourself without involving Jokic Murray or Mudiay. I apologize if these seem laughable I just don't see Boogie having as much value as you guys do.

Value doesn't add up if those players cant be included.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#17 » by KF10 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:56 pm

c3j3h wrote:

So you want to trade for Cousins, but you don't want to give up your 3 most attractive trade pieces? How does that work?

If I were Vlade, the only Nuggets trades I would consider would look something like:

Jokic, Jamal Murray, Denver 2019 pick, and one of Gallo/Faried/Chandler

Bingo.

Like I said with the other poster, if Denver can't bring 90% of what's been set in the criteria, don't bother showing up at the table.

This is the ol' "what do you want for your valuable/best piece..I'm unwilling to include my 1st, 2nd, & 3rd valuable pieces for yours" shtick.
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior

Post#18 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:05 am

Well Denver is loaded with trade pieces and they are 3 deep at every position but there's plenty of pieces throughout this team for boogie. Just because i see Jokic Murray and Mudiay as untouchable doesn't mean the nuggets don't either. But asking for Jokic and Murray AND picks is asking us to deplete our resources for someone who won't make this a championship team. I understand if there is no trade that could work but let me just remind you that we still have
Harris (MIP on nuggets roster and is continuing to improve)
Chandler (Defensive Starter who could be a great piece on a team)
Gallo (second scorer on a deep playoff team)
Barton (should have won 6moy imo and on an extremely friendly 3.5 mil a year contract)
Faried (hustle man who can be slotted in at PF when the team lacks energy or needs rebounds. He actually led ALL players in the nba in Offensive rebounds his rookie year)
Nurkic (tough center who besides this last season has shown extreme amounts of promise and his work ethic is comparable to Kobe's. He started playing basketball at 16 yo btw and he's only 21 rn)
Malik Beasley and Juancho Hernangomez, Darrel Arthur and Joffrey Lauvergne.
+more 1st round draft picks.
The nuggets can make a trade package worthy of Cousins you just have to understand its total value in all our pieces that you're getting because like you said, we don't have that one player you guys want that we'd be willing to give up. But 3 or four of these would be at the absolute worst a decent start to a trade package...
Sheva7
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#19 » by Sheva7 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:29 am

SlayOrNay wrote:asking for Jokic and Murray AND picks is asking us to deplete our resources for someone who won't make this a championship team.

The kings don't care if it depletes the nuggets resources. The kings aren't going to be nice and accept a lower value because the nuggets are lacking more good assets. If you want to acquire the best center in the league, you have to give up your best resources to do it.

SlayOrNay wrote:The nuggets can make a trade package worthy of Cousins you just have to understand its total value in all our pieces that you're getting because like you said, we don't have that one player you guys want that we'd be willing to give up. But 3 or four of these would be at the absolute worst a decent start to a trade package...

This just isn't true. A bunch of average players does not equal one great player. Not only would it make our team significantly worse, it wouldn't help us long term either. Why would we want to turn one great player into 5 guys who are average and don't have even all-star potential? Having a team with 20 role players would not help us in any way.
c3j3h
Senior
And1: 135

Post#20 » by c3j3h » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:30 am

The point is that it will take a great trade package to get Cousins. He would instantly be the best player on your team BY FAR. You're going to have to give up some of your biggest pieces to acquire him.

I also don't understand why you think Jokic would be untouchable to get Cousins. Do you want to play tim together? Because that sounds like a really bad idea. Do you think Jokic is untouchable coming off the bench?

Either way, there are a bunch of teams that would be interested in Cousins, and all of them can offer packages better than the Nuggets' unwanted players.

Return to Sacramento Kings