ImageImageImageImageImage

16-17 Trade Discussion Thread *Read mod note on pg. 35*

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 16-17 Trade Discussion Thread *Read mod note on pg. 35* 

Post#1521 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:06 am

City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Taking on salary with zero compensation is a bad move because nothing is promised once the trade deadline rolls around. What if Ariza tears a hamstring in January?

Nope. Houston needs to compensate. If Sac wants to double dip near the trade deadline that's fine with me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

Asking a 1st from them is steep IMO. Even lotto protected. Rather just take a 2nd as I see it as realistic.

Sending a 2019 1st (lotto protected) to dump $32M I'm salary so you can sign CP3 is not steep. It's been reported the Lakers where shopping a very minimal protected 1st to dump Mozgov. Houston sending a late 1st is hardly an overpay.

My asking price:
2019 1st
And two 2nds

I just look at it as we are getting players back as well that we want. You could be right. Not super set in it just seems off a bit. We'll see.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 16-17 Trade Discussion Thread *Read mod note on pg. 35* 

Post#1522 » by City of Trees » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:37 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
Asking a 1st from them is steep IMO. Even lotto protected. Rather just take a 2nd as I see it as realistic.

Sending a 2019 1st (lotto protected) to dump $32M I'm salary so you can sign CP3 is not steep. It's been reported the Lakers where shopping a very minimal protected 1st to dump Mozgov. Houston sending a late 1st is hardly an overpay.

My asking price:
2019 1st
And two 2nds

I just look at it as we are getting players back as well that we want. You could be right. Not super set in it just seems off a bit. We'll see.

I'm of the opinion i don't want any high paid vet on the roster, I want compensation in most salary dump scenarios.

So i could see how you feel the compensation isn't necessary if you like the vets.

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 16-17 Trade Discussion Thread *Read mod note on pg. 35* 

Post#1523 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:40 am

City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

My asking price:
2019 1st
And two 2nds

I'm of the opinion i don't want any high paid vet on the roster, I want compensation in most salary dump scenarios.

So i could see how you feel the compensation isn't necessary if you like the vets.

Yes, I like Anderson.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
And1: 71

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 16-17 Trade Discussion Thread *Read mod note on pg. 35* 

Post#1524 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:59 am

City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Taking on salary with zero compensation is a bad move because nothing is promised once the trade deadline rolls around. What if Ariza tears a hamstring in January?

Nope. Houston needs to compensate. If Sac wants to double dip near the trade deadline that's fine with me.

My asking price:
2019 1st
And two 2nds

If Houston is down with that then Vlade has to pull trigger. Beverley and Ariza for half a season, 2 picks we'd possibly get from trading them at deadline, the 2019 1st and two 2nd's from Houston. That could potentially be 5 picks for taking on Anderson. I don't think Houston would offer those 3 picks but who knows, $32.5 million is a lot of money.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Re: 16-17 Trade Discussion Thread *Read mod note on pg. 35* 

Post#1525 » by blind prophet » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:59 am

How do you fellas feel about tossing Troy Williams an offer? Houston wants cap space so doubt they match a decent offer.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#1526 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:04 am

City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

My asking price:
2019 1st
And two 2nds

You and I have both been interested in JaMychal Green. I'm guessing he'd be somewhere in the range of 4 years/$60 million. Anderson has 3 years left at around $60 million. I like Green's defense, rebounding, and age better but Anderson would be nice option for Fox to kick out to and he is a hometown guy.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#1527 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:06 am

blind prophet wrote:How do you fellas feel about tossing Troy Williams an offer? Houston wants cap space so doubt they match a decent offer.

I've mentioned Williams a couple times. I'd be interested in him on a cheap contract and let him and Jackson battle it out for the SF position.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#1528 » by blind prophet » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:10 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:How do you fellas feel about tossing Troy Williams an offer? Houston wants cap space so doubt they match a decent offer.

I've mentioned Williams a couple times. I'd be interested in him on a cheap contract and let him and Jackson battle it out for the SF position.

Was what I'm thinking too. Shouldn't cost much to get him I would wager.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#1529 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:11 am

Maybe a more realistic option is Beverley and Anderson, a 2nd round pick for taking Beverley's contract and a lotto protected 2019 1st for taking on Anderson. Have Rockets sign and trade Williams to Kings.

Fox/Beverley/Mason
Hield/Bogdanovic/Richardson
Temple/Williams/Jackson
Anderson/Labissiere/Giles
Cauley-Stein/Koufos/Papagiannis
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#1530 » by dckingsfan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:00 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:Maybe a more realistic option is Beverley and Anderson, a 2nd round pick for taking Beverley's contract and a lotto protected 2019 1st for taking on Anderson. Have Rockets sign and trade Williams to Kings.

Fox/Beverley/Mason
Hield/Bogdanovic/Richardson
Temple/Williams/Jackson
Anderson/Labissiere/Giles
Cauley-Stein/Koufos/Papagiannis

I like your thinking. Assets, Assets, Assets.
Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#1531 » by Moose23 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:46 pm

What would it take to get WCS off you guys/gals?
209Kings
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#1532 » by 209Kings » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Moose23 wrote:What would it take to get WCS off you guys/gals?

Idk, we are just fans. We don't make the trades. Give Vlade a call.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 548

Post#1533 » by They_Them_Hatin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Hornets fan here and I loved what Vlade did with the draft.

What would be a good guess of the depth chart right now?

I think Giles will be a stud if he doesn't suffer anymore major injuries. Have they announced how they will develop him?
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#1534 » by rpa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Moose23 wrote:What would it take to get WCS off you guys/gals?

I'd imagine the answer is "a lot more than your team is willing to give"
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#1535 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 am

John Wall trying to recruit Paul George to Wizards. I found this quote from him interesting...

"Look at our team. We are one piece away," Wall said. "We have the point guard, we have the shooting guard, we have the center, we have the power forward. Our 3-man, [Otto Porter Jr.], did great for us. You can't take nothing away from what he did. But, [George] is a guy that can guard LeBron and go back at LeBron. It's a piece that you're going to need to win. If you don't have a guy who can do that, you don't have a chance. ...

"You got to add another star. You got to add another piece. You got to have three guys. And that's what it's looking like."

That's kind of devaluing Porter. The article says the Wizards would likely need to include Otto Porter Jr. in a sign-and-trade in order to acquire George. If Wall's recruitment of George isn't successful what if Kings offer Porter max and Porter tells Wizards not to match because he no longer wants to be there with what Wall said. Just throwing it out there.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#1536 » by sacking123 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:John Wall trying to recruit Paul George to Wizards. I found this quote from him interesting...

"Look at our team. We are one piece away," Wall said. "We have the point guard, we have the shooting guard, we have the center, we have the power forward. Our 3-man, [Otto Porter Jr.], did great for us. You can't take nothing away from what he did. But, [George] is a guy that can guard LeBron and go back at LeBron. It's a piece that you're going to need to win. If you don't have a guy who can do that, you don't have a chance. ...

"You got to add another star. You got to add another piece. You got to have three guys. And that's what it's looking like."

That's kind of devaluing Porter. The article says the Wizards would likely need to include Otto Porter Jr. in a sign-and-trade in order to acquire George. If Wall's recruitment of George isn't successful what if Kings offer Porter max and Porter tells Wizards not to match because he no longer wants to be there with what Wall said. Just throwing it out there.

Wow. Grab the popcorn, this could get very interesting.
How will Porter take that? If I was him I would be giving Wall a call straight up and getting clarification and then I would be sitting down with my manager and Wizards.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#1537 » by jazanetti » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:47 am

I see nothing criminal in Wall's words. He admitted that Porter is good enough while George is super-star. It's true and if you have a chance to get that calibre player, you have to do everything for it.
In any case Washington wouldn't let Porter go, but we lose nothing making him max offer.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#1538 » by Sactowndog » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:20 pm

jazanetti wrote:I see nothing criminal in Wall's words. He admitted that Porter is good enough while George is super-star. It's true and if you have a chance to get that calibre player, you have to do everything for it.
In any case Washington wouldn't let Porter go, but we lose nothing making him max offer.

The max for Porter is too much but he has improved every year and you can make an aggressive offer for him. It might put the wizards in a tough spot.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#1539 » by dckingsfan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
jazanetti wrote:I see nothing criminal in Wall's words. He admitted that Porter is good enough while George is super-star. It's true and if you have a chance to get that calibre player, you have to do everything for it.

The max for Porter is too much but he has improved every year and you can make an aggressive offer for him. It might put the wizards in a tough spot.

No, the Wizards will put the Wizards in a tough spot and offer more to Porter than any other team :nonono:
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#1540 » by Sactowndog » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:04 am

dckingsfan wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

No, the Wizards will put the Wizards in a tough spot and offer more to Porter than any other team :nonono:

I'm not sure that is a bad thing. I'm okay with waiting a year or two to see how our young guys progress, who will be good and who will be a bust. It may not be the people we think now. For example, I looked at Papa's stats and was presently surprised.

Sometimes you have to keep your powder dry until you see the whites of their eyes.

Return to Sacramento Kings