ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA 2017 Draft thread. 5th pick and 10th pick.

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
And1: 71

Re: NBA 2017 Draft thread. 8th pick and 10th (Pelicans) pick. Draft Lottery is at May 16. 

Post#681 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:23 am

City of Trees wrote:Hard pass on Joe Ingles 5 yrs $70 million, dude turns 30 years old in October.

I actually like your S&T idea Porter for Gay. Wiz get a look at him on cheap team friendly deal, Gay gets to play on a playoff team.

I'd happily sign Porter to 5 years $105 million.

Lawson/ Ntilikina / #34
Hield/ Bogdonavic/Temple
Porter/ Isaac/ Richardson
Skal/ Tolliver
WCS/ Papa / Koufos

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

Pass on Ingles all together or at 5/70? How about at 4/50? I understand he'll be 30 in October but that's why I said his game isn't predicated on athleticism. He has old man rec league game. He'll be able to do what he does now at 34. He knows his role. Have you seen him D up Redick? McLemore has tons more athleticism than Ingles and Redick schools Ben. Ingles knows how to play on both sides of the ball.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: NBA 2017 Draft thread. 8th pick and 10th (Pelicans) pick. Draft Lottery is at May 16. 

Post#682 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:28 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Hard pass on Joe Ingles 5 yrs $70 million, dude turns 30 years old in October.

I actually like your S&T idea Porter for Gay. Wiz get a look at him on cheap team friendly deal, Gay gets to play on a playoff team.

Lawson/ Ntilikina / #34
Hield/ Bogdonavic/Temple
Skal/ Tolliver
WCS/ Papa / Koufos

Pass on Ingles all together or at 5/70? How about at 4/50? I understand he'll be 30 in October but that's why I said his game isn't predicated on athleticism. He has old man rec league game. He'll be able to do what he does now at 34. He knows his role. Have you seen him D up Redick? McLemore has tons more athleticism than Ingles and Redick schools Ben. Ingles knows how to play on both sides of the ball.

He's slow in his prime, can you imagine him at 33 years old? At some point it will turn into a liability.

I wouldn't go any longer than 2 year 24 million, but even then I feel this is a waste of a signing.

PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Re: NBA 2017 Draft thread. 8th pick and 10th (Pelicans) pick. Draft Lottery is at May 16. 

Post#683 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:34 am

Lawson/ Ntilikina / #34
Hield/ Bogdonavic/Temple
Skal/ Tolliver
WCS/ Papa / Koufos

Porter and Ingles would be my top SF free agent targets.

If Kings can get Smith but Isaac is gone I'd try Rudy for Porter S&T.

If Kings can get Smith and Isaac I'd forget Porter and go after Ingles. I wouldn't want Porter at over 100 million with a guy in Isaac you're hoping to be a star not play much behind him. Ingles could start initially and very easily slide to bench for Isaac when he's ready.

I'd much rather have Smith/Isaac/Ingles than Ntilikina/Porter. A lot less money too.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Re: RE: Re: NBA 2017 Draft thread. 8th pick and 10th (Pelicans) pick. Draft Lottery is at May 16. 

Post#684 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:48 am

City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:

Lawson/ Ntilikina / #34
Hield/ Bogdonavic/Temple
Skal/ Tolliver
WCS/ Papa / Koufos

He's slow in his prime, can you imagine him at 33 years old? At some point it will turn into a liability.

I wouldn't go any longer than 2 year 24 million, but even then I feel this is a waste of a signing.

I think there are a number of teams that would sign him at 2/24. I think for Kings to get him they'd need to offer 3 or 4 years. Lol yes he's slow but that doesn't impact his game. That's why his age his less relevant. He's a role player that will play his role. He doesn't expect to be a star and knows he isn't one. He's 29 right now. Again I'm ok with 4 year contract.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#685 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:10 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:I'd much rather have Smith/Isaac/Ingles than Ntilikina/Porter.

Not being a dick but I'm not sure what you mean here? Wouldn't my scenario be Ntlikina/Isaac/Porter compared to your Smith/Isaac/Ingles ?

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA 2017 Draft thread. 8th pick and 10th (Pelicans) pick. Draft Lottery is at May 16. 

Post#686 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:12 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:

I think there are a number of teams that would sign him at 2/24. I think for Kings to get him they'd need to offer 3 or 4 years. Lol yes he's slow but that doesn't impact his game. That's why his age his less relevant. He's a role player that will play his role. He doesn't expect to be a star and knows he isn't one. He's 29 right now. Again I'm ok with 4 year contract.

Are you factoring in the fact that he will decline just like every other player. His decline will be sharp. He will be 30 starting his new contract next season. Can't afford the overpay because thats Dead money at the end of his deal. At least with my scenario Porter would be in his prime and much easier to move.

PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA 2017 Draft thread. 8th pick and 10th (Pelicans) pick. Draft Lottery is at May 16. 

Post#687 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:54 am

[url][/url]
City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:He's slow in his prime, can you imagine him at 33 years old? At some point it will turn into a liability.

Are you factoring in the fact that he will decline just like every other player. His decline will be sharp. He will be 30 starting his new contract next season. Can't afford the overpay because thats Dead money at the end of his deal. At least with my scenario Porter would be in his prime and much easier to move.

I get that players decline as they age but that is more so when the player(s) relies on athleticism. Ingles has never relied on athleticism. That's why I said he has old man rec league game. I don't see a sharp drop off from him like you'd see from many others.

I do agree that Porter will be in his prime years and I like Porter as an option but 100 million plus to a non All Star is tough for me. I don't ever see him being an All Star. More a solid top 15 SF.

I think we need to hope for obtaining All Star type players between 2017 and 2018 drafts and fill out remainder of roster with good basketball players. Similar to Temple signing. That's what Ingles is. That's what JaMychal Green would be. Get guys that can play team concept with young guys and hopefully we hit a home run and triple in draft over next 2 years.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#688 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:[url][/url]
City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:

I get that players decline as they age but that is more so when the player(s) relies on athleticism. Ingles has never relied on athleticism. That's why I said he has old man rec league game. I don't see a sharp drop off from him like you'd see from many others.

I do agree that Porter will be in his prime years and I like Porter as an option but 100 million plus to a non All Star is tough for me. I don't ever see him being an All Star. More a solid top 15 SF.

I think we need to hope for obtaining All Star type players between 2017 and 2018 drafts and fill out remainder of roster with good basketball players. Similar to Temple signing. That's what Ingles is. That's what JaMychal Green would be. Get guys that can play team concept with young guys and hopefully we hit a home run and triple in draft over next 2 years.

Note to Ingles...I may be way off on him being valued at $12 million plus per year around NBA. I'm just going on contracts Temple and Tolliver got at $8 million per and adding that cap jumping more. Ingles brings more than Temple and Tolliver and is a little younger. Maybe he's a $9 to $10 million per year guy. 3 years $27 to $30 million may get it done. I just like him. He can handle ball, he sometimes initiates Jazz offense, he shot 44% from 3, and his defense on Redick has been impressive.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#689 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:35 am

City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:I'd much rather have Smith/Isaac/Ingles than Ntilikina/Porter.

Not being a dick but I'm not sure what you mean here? Wouldn't my scenario be Ntlikina/Isaac/Porter compared to your Smith/Isaac/Ingles ?

My bad I didn't notice you had Isaac in there. Like I said in another post if Kings land Isaac I wouldn't pursue Porter. I like Smith more than Ntilikina too.

For team dynamic and money I'd still take Smith/Isaac/Ingles over Ntilikina/Isaac/Porter.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#690 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:50 am

Ingles wouldn't be a disaster by any means but I see a lot of risk with anything 3 years n over. For me, 2 years is ideal and I'm ok overpaying within that time frame. Start overpaying at 3yrs + is a future problem if you're looking to avoid dead money. Ingles on the Kings next season would make the team better but I think Porter is the better asset and gives the team more upside.

sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#691 » by sacking123 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:01 am

I'm a no to Joe. Would love to have an Aussie on the Kings, however if we can grab someone younger we should go that route.
Joe's game won't deteriorate that much over the span of a 4 year contract either, but he is the type of role player that I can see getting his role slashed in a blink of an eye and then that contract is harder to move than say a Porter.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#692 » by OhioKingsFan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:23 am

I'd prefer a 4 year max for Otto Porter to 3 years of Evan Turner with a post-lottery 1st.

Kings will have a few years before all these rookie deals expire, use that cap space while you can.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#693 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:33 am

Jumped on the Wizards board, they believe any and all offers for Porter will be matched. Even max. Personally I can't see the Wizards maxing Porter with Wall and Beal better players, but, they know their team and how it operates better than I do.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA 2017 Draft thread. 8th pick and 10th (Pelicans) pick. Draft Lottery is at May 16. 

Post#694 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:38 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote: Maybe he's a $9 to $10 million per year guy. 3 years $27 to $30 million may get it done.

Agreed. $9.5 million is an overpay IMO. Going over $10 million is a bad idea. But if you have the cap and need to spend no harm no foul, I guess, just keep the contract at 2 years please n thank you.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA 2017 Draft thread. 8th pick and 10th (Pelicans) pick. Draft Lottery is at May 16. 

Post#695 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:09 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:That's what JaMychal Green would be.
I wanted to come back to this. I like JaMychal Green! If there ever was a decent player to maybe sign with the Kings as a free agent, it's this guy.

Good article on Green:
http://www.grizzlybearblues.com/platform/amp/2017/1/2/14144438/jamychal-green-memphis-grizzlies-nba-trade-rumors-contract

Look at the moves he puts on KAT and Deng at 1:09 ...... and the one on KAT at 2:06https://youtu.be/bYEAydxI-sk

Joerger coached him in Memphis last season. If no Porter then I dont see why paying Green $15 million per season is an issue. JaMychal Green to Sacramento. I hope.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#696 » by sacking123 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:46 am

I think Porter being the main target apart from the draft picks, particularly if we strike out on one of the SFs is a really good way to go. If the Wiz do match any and all offers then that's ok, we should turn our attention to Oubre Jnr and see if we can pry him from them seeing as they would be putting a lot into Porter. Not sure how we get it done as I think they value him around the Porter range as well so it won't be easy.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#697 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:11 pm

City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:That's what JaMychal Green would be.
I wanted to come back to this. I like JaMychal Green! If there ever was a decent player to maybe sign with the Kings as a free agent, it's this guy.

Good article on Green:
http://www.grizzlybearblues.com/platform/amp/2017/1/2/14144438/jamychal-green-memphis-grizzlies-nba-trade-rumors-contract

Look at the moves he puts on KAT and Deng at 1:09 ...... and the one on KAT at 2:06https://youtu.be/bYEAydxI-sk

Joerger coached him in Memphis last season. If no Porter then I dont see why paying Green $15 million per season is an issue. JaMychal Green to Sacramento. I hope.

The guy that wrote article knows a lot more than me from a far about Green but we both agree that Green contributes to winning basketball. If the Kings can draft Smith and Isaac (my fingers are crossed) then Green and Ingles are my 2 free agent targets. He would be a great compliment to the young bigs (Skal, WCS & Papa) and he's young himself (currently 26). I think we need a rebounder. Plus Green as you pointed out has offensive skills with moves and can shoot the 3 and plays D. Like I said before these are the type of signings Kings should make (Temple like) and hope to get stars in the next 2 drafts.

I'd love this team next year...

Lawson/Smith Jr/Galloway
Hield/Bogdanovic/Richardson
Ingles/Temple/Isaac
Green/Labissiere/Oliver
Cauley-Stein/Koufos/Papagiannis

It's a roster that Coach Joerger can get to play basketball "the right way". Enough good guy solid vets in Lawson, Galloway, Ingles, Green, Temple, and Koufos to continue to allow young guys like Smith Jr, Richardson, Isaac, Labissiere, Oliver, and Papagiannis to develop at their own needed pace. I think Hield, Bogdanovic, and Cauley-Stein fall in between those 2 groups being a little older and experienced and because of that I'd expect them to be more consistent.

We aren't getting Porter or any big name free agents. This is the route we need to take. If all the guys buy into what Coach Joerger preaches which I don't see being an issue because of the character guys we'd be bringing in...watch out this team will surprise people and within 2 years will be fighting for a middle of the pack playoff spot. If 2017 and 2018 picks become stars were contenders within 4 years.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA 2017 Draft thread. 8th pick and 10th (Pelicans) pick. Draft Lottery is at May 16 

Post#698 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:24 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:The guy that wrote article knows a lot more than me from a far about Green but we both agree that Green contributes to winning basketball. If the Kings can draft Smith and Isaac (my fingers are crossed) then Green and Ingles are my 2 free agent targets. He would be a great compliment to the young bigs (Skal, WCS & Papa) and he's young himself (currently 26). I think we need a rebounder. Plus Green as you pointed out has offensive skills with moves and can shoot the 3 and plays D. Like I said before these are the type of signings Kings should make (Temple like) and hope to get stars in the next 2 drafts.

I'd love this team next year...

Lawson/Smith Jr/Galloway
Hield/Bogdanovic/Richardson
Ingles/Temple/Isaac
Green/Labissiere/Oliver
Cauley-Stein/Koufos/Papagiannis

It's a roster that Coach Joerger can get to play basketball "the right way". Enough good guy solid vets in Lawson, Galloway, Ingles, Green, Temple, and Koufos to continue to allow young guys like Smith Jr, Richardson, Isaac, Labissiere, Oliver, and Papagiannis to develop at their own needed pace. I think Hield, Bogdanovic, and Cauley-Stein fall in between those 2 groups being a little older and experienced and because of that I'd expect them to be more consistent.

We aren't getting Porter or any big name free agents. This is the route we need to take. If all the guys buy into what Coach Joerger preaches which I don't see being an issue because of the character guys we'd be bringing in...watch out this team will surprise people and within 2 years will be fighting for a middle of the pack playoff spot. If 2017 and 2018 picks become stars were contenders within 4 years.

See, we can agree on a free agent target!

StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#699 » by StepBackCrack » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:09 am

I will be rooting hard for you guys next season. So looking forward to see what this young team brings to the table. You probably already know that I'm quite high on Buddy and expecting great things from him in the future. Hoping for good luck in the draft. Someone with near star potential would be amazing.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#700 » by StepBackCrack » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:12 am

Any idea who are the players you want the team to draft? I don't really know anyone apart from the top 3 picks.

Return to Sacramento Kings