ImageImageImageImageImage

Rudy Gay opting out

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: Rudy Gay opting out 

Post#21 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 pm

dozencousins wrote:Not really any news to me . I said he was opting out months ago .

And sense everything you say happen/s we shouldn't post when things become official and talk about it. Seriously...smh
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#22 » by kingjawn100 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:51 pm

As good of a guy/teammate as Rudy was i for one am thrilled that he won't be on the roster next year. We all agree that he's a ball stopper and that he would have stunted the development of our younger guys.

But i hear a lot of people talk about his achilles injury like its a sprained ankle or something and think he'll be able to be some 2nd option for a title bound team now. An achilles injury for a 30+ year old player is basically a death sentence. Most players who suffer this injury this late in their careers are never the same player ever again (kobe, Isiah Thomas, Chauncey, Elton Brand etc). Rudy was already hardly the fastest/most explosive guy in the world and this will hinder him even more (especially defensively). A lot of guys also end up compensating and start having knee issues after an achilles tear.

i wish him well but had he returned to the kings our offense would have depended on a ball dominant 30 year old who probably still thinks he can do things that his body won't let him do. Terrible fit
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#23 » by mos_def » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:28 am

kingjawn100 wrote:As good of a guy/teammate as Rudy was i for one am thrilled that he won't be on the roster next year. We all agree that he's a ball stopper and that he would have stunted the development of our younger guys.

But i hear a lot of people talk about his achilles injury like its a sprained ankle or something and think he'll be able to be some 2nd option for a title bound team now. An achilles injury for a 30+ year old player is basically a death sentence. Most players who suffer this injury this late in their careers are never the same player ever again (kobe, Isiah Thomas, Chauncey, Elton Brand etc). Rudy was already hardly the fastest/most explosive guy in the world and this will hinder him even more (especially defensively). A lot of guys also end up compensating and start having knee issues after an achilles tear.

i wish him well but had he returned to the kings our offense would have depended on a ball dominant 30 year old who probably still thinks he can do things that his body won't let him do. Terrible fit

All this is true, but with all the money SAC has, and the fact of the post Achilles form, if its hard for Gay to find a spot with money than would you take him back if he couldn't find anything? I mean someone has to play SF. Would you take Tyreke back?

Return to Sacramento Kings