City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: How do we... 

Post#21 » by City of Trees » Fri Jun 2, 2017 11:58 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:
Sacramento_King wrote:Cutting Tolliver makes me think something is being worked, possibly Evan Turner and pick(s) for our space.

Let's hope it's something very useful/beneficial like this.
I don't know what price you put on a guy like Tolliver but I think it's quite high. Not his basketball, his leadership, professionalism. Everything.
That is an absolute steal at 8 million IMO.
It does give us a little more wiggle room as far as roster spots.
Let's see what the FO has planned.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

With the Paul / Spurs news I could see a Tony Parker salary dump trade with the Spurs. But what do we require to take the contract?

I'd be ok with the #29 and #59 (Euro stash)

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#22 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 3, 2017 12:03 am

City of Trees wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:Let's hope it's something very useful/beneficial like this.
I don't know what price you put on a guy like Tolliver but I think it's quite high. Not his basketball, his leadership, professionalism. Everything.
That is an absolute steal at 8 million IMO.
It does give us a little more wiggle room as far as roster spots.
Let's see what the FO has planned.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

With the Paul / Spurs news I could see a Tony Parker salary dump trade with the Spurs. But what do we require to take the contract?

Look at all the Spurs Euro players whose rights they hold. I could see Parker and Gasol for KK, 29 and at least one Euro. Would explain the Tolliver move.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#23 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 12:08 am

Sactowndog wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Look at all the Spurs Euro players whose rights they hold. I could see Parker and Gasol for KK, 29 and at least one Euro. Would explain the Tolliver move.

Wouldn't it be

Parker, Gasol and #29

for

KK and a Euro...

We don't own the 29th, they do.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Sactowndog

Post#24 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 3, 2017 12:19 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I'd be ok with the #29 and #59 (Euro stash)

Wouldn't it be

Parker, Gasol and #29

for

KK and a Euro...

We don't own the 29th, they do.

Sorry meant
Spurs: Parker, Gasol, 29 and a Euro

Kings: KK and take on dead cap space
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: How do we... 

Post#25 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 3, 2017 12:50 am

Id rather do Parker, 29, 59 for future 2nd (top 55 protected). Koufos doesn't need to be involved to get value from the Spurs.

Sactowndog

Post#26 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 3, 2017 12:58 am

City of Trees wrote:Id rather do Parker, 29, 59 for future 2nd (top 55 protected). Koufos doesn't need to be involved to get value from the Spurs.

Spurs have some Euros worth targeting
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#27 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 3, 2017 1:18 am

Sactowndog wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Id rather do Parker, 29, 59 for future 2nd (top 55 protected). Koufos doesn't need to be involved to get value from the Spurs.

I'm not aware of who the Spurs own rights to but if there is a Euro worth Koufos I'm down.

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#28 » by 51X3RF4N » Sat Jun 3, 2017 1:39 am

Trade #5 and #10 to Philly for #3 (Fox), Okafor, Covington (extend him for $10-12M/yr), and Bayless ($9M one year left on deal). Sixers also send your 2019 pick back.

Sound reasonable? Maybe you send us Malachi or something as a hometown kid who fits here?

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Sactowndog

Post#29 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 3, 2017 1:48 am

City of Trees wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

I'm not aware of who the Spurs own rights to but if there is a Euro worth Koufos I'm down.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.poundingtherock.com/platform/amp/2016/5/26/11758712/spurs-draft-stash-davis-bertans-adam-hanga-Livio-Jean-Charles
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#30 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 1:56 am

51X3RF4N wrote:Trade #5 and #10 to Philly for #3 (Fox), Okafor, Covington (extend him for $10-12M/yr), and Bayless ($9M one year left on deal). Sixers also send your 2019 pick back.

Sound reasonable? Maybe you send us Malachi or something as a hometown kid who fits here?

I do that deal. Covington fits nice as a 3-D. Okafor is a scoring big we lack but is only locked for this year(club opt 2019). Bayless is depth at vet PG and and we still get our man and pick back. What's not to like...
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#31 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jun 3, 2017 2:04 am

51X3RF4N wrote:Trade #5 and #10 to Philly for #3 (Fox), Okafor, Covington (extend him for $10-12M/yr), and Bayless ($9M one year left on deal). Sixers also send your 2019 pick back.

I think it's a pretty good deal all the way around. I'm not sure the Kings would extend Covington right now though. I'd also like to see the Kings maybe flip Okafor to another team either in the deal or afterward.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#32 » by sacking123 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 2:05 am

If we could sign Covington that cheaply that would be fantastic.
I would really push for Malachi not to be included in this though. It wouldn't be a complete deal breaker or anything, however I want to see what our young guys can do together. Malachi didn't get that time late in the season after showing a bit earlier in the season and I think if those minutes went to him late in the season he would have showed what Vlade sees in him.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#33 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 2:09 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:

I think it's a pretty good deal all the way around. I'm not sure the Kings would extend Covington right now though. I'd also like to see the Kings maybe flip Okafor to another team either in the deal or afterward.

You can't trade a player you just traded for within that year.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#34 » by sacking123 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 2:13 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:

I would definitely extend Covington to a 4/50 type of deal. Would ideally like it to be 12.5 mill per year flat contract. That way he won't hurt the cap at the end of his contract, but we lock in a fantastic fit long term.
Okafor would be interesting, I would want to give him until the deadline and by then we should be able to see if he is going to fit long term with WCS/PapaG/Skal.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#35 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 3, 2017 5:13 am

No interest in Okafor. Get a 3rd team involved with an asset going back to Sac. The tank commander needs to stay away from Sacramento.

benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#36 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 5:45 am

City of Trees wrote:No interest in Okafor. Get a 3rd team involved with an asset going back to Sac. The tank commander needs to stay away from Sacramento.

What kind of assest is someone gonna give up for Okafor? I doubt anyone would even throw a decent 2nd rder for him. He is due 5mil this year and has a club option next yr. We can handle him for a yr where he is playing for a contract. His post scoring off the bench could be of use in this scenario.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#37 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 3, 2017 6:27 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:No interest in Okafor. Get a 3rd team involved with an asset going back to Sac. The tank commander needs to stay away from Sacramento.

What kind of assest is someone gonna give up for Okafor? I doubt anyone would even throw a decent 2nd rder for him. He is due 5mil this year and has a club option next yr. We can handle him for a yr where he is playing for a contract. His post scoring off the bench could be of use in this scenario.

This guy?
Image.

No thanks. Simple fix, Philly keeps the tank commander and instead sends Sac #39.

benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#38 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 6:54 am

City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

This guy?

No thanks. Simple fix, Philly keeps the tank commander and instead sends Sac #39.

Yeah there is a reason he is in the deal.

Perfect scenario, of course we don't wanna take anything not great for us.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#39 » by KF10 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 10:35 am

Okafor is in my "short" list of players I do not want even if it's free of cost.

If Okafor is in any trade proposal, the deal has to be a "home run" type of deal to negate his "value", imo. Or send him to a 3rd team and let the other team deal with him.

The "#5 + #10 for #3" trade proposal has been discussed in the T&T board and the majority agreed that it is an unfair deal for Sacramento. I don't see why we agree to the deal above even with the added pieces (RC & Okafor). The only saving grace is the '19 pick is returned to Sacramento. That is something I would consider a lot but to me, that pick is already is a sunk cost for Sacramento. To get the pick back, we have to exhaust a lot of resources to recover the '19 pick. The #5, #10, Malachi & taking Okafor from Philly's hands is a lot to chew on. I don't think it's worth it at all. Let them have the '19 pick if that's the cost to get the pick back. I would look to add picks in this draft to "compensate" the lack of pick in 2019. Maybe a #10 for the Portland's picks trade is something we should be looking at instead.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#40 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jun 3, 2017 7:30 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

You can't trade a player you just traded for within that year.

Did they change the rule of the 1 for 1 deal? I remember there was a restriction in package deals, but if it came via a dump as in for space or a pick without any other pieces going out I thought that was still OK.

Return to Sacramento Kings