ImageImageImageImageImage

Post draft, do you want the Kings to go after a PG in Free Agency?

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Post draft, do you want the Kings to go after a PG in Free Agency? 

Post#81 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:48 pm

KF10 wrote:I've been tooting my horn about signing Roberson but I believe Ingles is a better overall player than him and may perhaps cost less than Roberson.

Roberson is an elite defender for his position and Joerger would drool to have his defensive talents in Sacramento. His offensive game is a (big) concern but one thing that makes me breathe fine about him is that he knows his limitations on that side of the ball and is very good cutter and can crash the boards well.

Ingles can do a bit of everything and his defense is a lot better than most people think.

I wouldn't mind either of them here.

I can't imagine Utah not matching with Hayward one foot out the door.

But I like Ingles as well... just not as much as Porter Jr. and Roberson.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#82 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:35 am

City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I'd take Roberson over Ingles

What's your rationale? His defense and age? I'm assuming you think he's solution as SF? I think he'd cost more than Ingles and would be a liability on offense. People are sleeping on Ingles. My dad says when it comes down to it basketball is a simple game. He says "put the ball in the round thing." I agree. I'm all about defense but the objective is to outscore your opponent.

Roberson was the Thunder's second leading scorer in the playoffs- even with his atrocious FT%. He can put the ball in the round thing, just not as good as Ingles.

I choose Roberson for his fit, upside, and elite defense.

And that's really the key for me. I'm thinking if you had Fox and Roberson out there together it's just going to be a nightmare for the opposing team to get the ball past halfcourt. Obviously the shooting is a concern but it might be worth the gamble if his 3 point shot in they playoffs wasn't a fluke. I think with the Kings you could run a small ball lineup of Fox, Hield, Bogdan, Roberson, and Willie together that could be hard for teams to match up with on both ends.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Post draft, do you want the Kings to go after a PG in Free Agency? 

Post#83 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:40 am

codydaze wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
I agree he scored decently against the Rockets and was good other than the atrocious FT%. But his career #'s of 4.5 ppg shooting 26% from 3 and 49.3% from FT is worrisome for the amount of money required to him sign. I just think paying for just defense is a mistake unless the scoring output in playoffs (minus FT %) becomes his future norm.

I agree he doesn't shoot particularly well ...but he takes less than 6 shots per game so he's not hurting your team putting up bricks. His advanced stats are very favorable. He plays within himself and it translates to wins.

The only problem with that is while he might only be taking 6 shots per game, the defense won't even be paying attention to him and it will create additional pressure for Fox, Skal, Buddy etc. to score. I think a defense with Fox, Roberson and WCS on the floor has scary potential but Roberson would definitely need an at least respectable jumper to really help.

Even if they aren't he's a great target with his off the ball movement. I've been watching a lot of video on him lately and he understands spacing and cutting so that would help a ton. I also think with the Kings you could see him at small ball PF a bit more.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: Post draft, do you want the Kings to go after a PG in Free Agency? 

Post#84 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Hey guys, Heat fan here! First off I want to say I love what you guys are doing. Fox was my favorite player in the draft, and I think you did well by adding battle tested players.

Second, with this talk in here of you wanting to add another guard, do you have any interest in Tyler Johnson? He is loved by our fans and has been a very efficient player the last 2 years but his contract booms after next year. Although he may be worth it, the FO looks like they have other plans.

I think it would probably take your choice of a big (Skal or WCS) to get him. The best part is he is a true combo guard so can play behind Fox, or can play next to him (they would actually fit well. Both lefties, both shifty, and TJ can shoot).
Read on Twitter
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#85 » by jazanetti » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:55 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:Hey guys, Heat fan here! First off I want to say I love what you guys are doing. Fox was my favorite player in the draft, and I think you did well by adding battle tested players.

Second, with this talk in here of you wanting to add another guard, do you have any interest in Tyler Johnson? He is loved by our fans and has been a very efficient player the last 2 years but his contract booms after next year. Although he may be worth it, the FO looks like they have other plans.

I think it would probably take your choice of a big (Skal or WCS) to get him. The best part is he is a true combo guard so can play behind Fox, or can play next to him (they would actually fit well. Both lefties, both shifty, and TJ can shoot).

I think it's evidently that:
1) we've just let Maclemor go for free. Adding another young guard next to Fox, Mason, Hield, Richardson, Bogdanovic is foolish decision,
2) Tyler for 6 million is good, Tyler for 20 is awful.

Sent from my MI 3W using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#86 » by City of Trees » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:15 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:Hey guys, Heat fan here! First off I want to say I love what you guys are doing. Fox was my favorite player in the draft, and I think you did well by adding battle tested players.

I'm not trading one of our promising bigs to add more depth to the guard position. I'd rather keep Skal or WCS and resign Collison or Lawson.

TacoBell
Sophomore
And1: 86

Post#87 » by TacoBell » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:33 pm

We are pretty set at the guard spot. We need a small forward.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,493

Post#88 » by codydaze » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Not sure if anyone saw this from Jason Jones. For those who can't see tweets:

"Kings have a lot of young, pieces who could be in trades as free agency starts, for sign-and-trades"

1) For who?

2) Who would we be willing to give up? Malachi? WCS? I can't see any of the four rookies we just drafted. Can't see Skal, Papa or Bogdan obviously. It would have to be Malachi or WCS right?

Return to Sacramento Kings