ImageImageImageImageImage

Post draft, do you want the Kings to go after a PG in Free Agency?

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Post draft, do you want the Kings to go after a PG in Free Agency? 

Post#61 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Jason Jones says the Kings still want to add a vet PG , SF, and big.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#62 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:58 pm

City of Trees wrote:Jason Jones says the Kings still want to add a vet PG , SF, and big.

Just saw that. It will be interesting to see if it's Hill, Porter, and Millsap or Teodosic, other Bogdanovic, and Udoh to keep the Euro flow. I'm really curious to see the types of players we'll be targeting.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#63 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:34 pm

If they really want to bring back a vet PG then they need to re-sign DC. I think he's very similar in some ways to Fox and he could really help him develop that pick and pop shot.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: Post draft, do you want the Kings to go after a PG in Free Agency? 

Post#64 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:38 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:If they really want to bring back a vet PG then they need to re-sign DC. I think he's very similar in some ways to Fox and he could really help him develop that pick and pop shot.

DC has been frustrated with Sac in the past. Any benefit to starting fresh with player who didn't go thru Malone/Corbin/Karl?

I need to take a look at FA pg's

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#65 » by codydaze » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:49 pm

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:If they really want to bring back a vet PG then they need to re-sign DC. I think he's very similar in some ways to Fox and he could really help him develop that pick and pop shot.

DC has been frustrated with Sac in the past. Any benefit to starting fresh with player who didn't go thru Malone/Corbin/Karl?

I need to take a look at FA pg's

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2017/6/16/15819118/nba-free-agency-rumors-darren-collison-sacramento-kings

Sounds like he's actually open to coming back.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#66 » by becorz » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:58 pm

The more I think about it, I think the Kings should try to make Collison a Afflalo-esq offer. I think that some teams will want him in a bench roll but will probably try to offer him a 3 year MLE, which would be worth roughly $27 million. So, why not offer him a two year, 30 million dollar deal with only 3 million guaranteed in year two? Give him a chance to be a free agent next year when the market is better for him.

At SF, I've talked myself into offering Tony Snell a big contract, like 3 years, 45 million. I think he would fit in and he has shown promise. I don't think Milwaukee will match that.

At PF, I don't see much. I like Green in Memphis, but don't like what we would have to pay, but I don't see many options. Maybe try out Jan Vesley in the NBA again? We think Ekpe Udoh can play PF? I personally like Mike Scott, but he wasn't good last year.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#67 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:07 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
KD_Steph wrote:I say let the rookies play. Winning isn't important now.

I'm sure that's what Vlade, the coaches, and players think. Screw it. Winning isn't important now. For anyone that has ever played competitive sports, which I have, it's about winning. As a fan of the team and season ticket it's important to me as well. The rookies should play, IF they deserve to play.

Are you a Kings fan? Your Warrior user name and conflicting Fox Kings image confuse me.

Young players playing the game is the best thing for them and the team. It's like with Papa last year. These aren't raw players that just picked up a basketball last week and need to learn the game. Also what's winning? Watching mediocre vets like Aaron Afflalo, Ty Lawson, etc. go out there and be mediocre is better for young players?
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#68 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:14 pm

I'm starting to jump aboard the Andre Roberson train. If nothing else make the Thunder way over pay.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#69 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:41 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
KD_Steph wrote:I say let the rookies play. Winning isn't important now.

I'm sure that's what Vlade, the coaches, and players think. Screw it. Winning isn't important now. For anyone that has ever played competitive sports, which I have, it's about winning. As a fan of the team and season ticket it's important to me as well. The rookies should play, IF they deserve to play.

Are you a Kings fan? Your Warrior user name and conflicting Fox Kings image confuse me.

Young players playing the game is the best thing for them and the team. It's like with Papa last year. These aren't raw players that just picked up a basketball last week and need to learn the game. Also what's winning? Watching mediocre vets like Aaron Afflalo, Ty Lawson, etc. go out there and be mediocre is better for young players?

I'm not saying the young guys shouldn't play. I'm saying they should play if they deserve to play. Sounds very similar to today's entitled society. Earn your keep. Obviously winning wasn't Afflalo and Lawson because last years team didn't win. Don't pick up average vets. Pick up guys that will make you a playoff team and if the guys you can get can't do that then don't sign them. This team hasn't even been mediocre in a decade, let's be real. The young guys will develop better in a winning culture. I wonder what the best NBA coach of all time in my opinion (Pop) would think. Some of you are missing the importance of winning.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#70 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:42 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:I'm starting to jump aboard the Andre Roberson train. If nothing else make the Thunder way over pay.

Too much money and putrid shooter. Let me guess. He's closer to the timeline.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#71 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:08 pm

I'd take Roberson over Ingles

PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#72 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 pm

City of Trees wrote:I'd take Roberson over Ingles

What's your rationale? His defense and age? I'm assuming you think he's solution as SF? I think he'd cost more than Ingles and would be a liability on offense. People are sleeping on Ingles. My dad says when it comes down to it basketball is a simple game. He says "put the ball in the round thing." I agree. I'm all about defense but the objective is to outscore your opponent.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#73 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:35 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:

What's your rationale? His defense and age? I'm assuming you think he's solution as SF? I think he'd cost more than Ingles and would be a liability on offense. People are sleeping on Ingles. My dad says when it comes down to it basketball is a simple game. He says "put the ball in the round thing." I agree. I'm all about defense but the objective is to outscore your opponent.

Roberson was the Thunder's second leading scorer in the playoffs- even with his atrocious FT%. He can put the ball in the round thing, just not as good as Ingles.

I choose Roberson for his fit, upside, and elite defense.

PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#74 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Now that Rockets have Paul they want to add another player to team up with him and Harden. They're targeting Paul George and Paul Millsap. I don't think they'll be able to get George. Other teams like the Celtics have a lot more they can offer the Pacers in a trade so I think Millsap will end up with Rockets.

For the Kings that means the top realistic PF free agent would be Serge Ibaka. He's 27 years old, a good defender, and shot 39.1% from 3 last year on four attempts per game. I think he'd be a good guy for Skal to emulate.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#75 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:44 pm

City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:

Roberson was the Thunder's second leading scorer in the playoffs- even with his atrocious FT%. He can put the ball in the round thing, just not as good as Ingles.

I agree he scored decently against the Rockets and was good other than the atrocious FT%. But his career #'s of 4.5 ppg shooting 26% from 3 and 49.3% from FT is worrisome for the amount of money required to him sign. I just think paying for just defense is a mistake unless the scoring output in playoffs (minus FT %) becomes his future norm.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#76 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:53 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:Now that Rockets have Paul they want to add another player to team up with him and Harden. They're targeting Paul George and Paul Millsap. I don't think they'll be able to get George. Other teams like the Celtics have a lot more they can offer the Pacers in a trade so I think Millsap will end up with Rockets.

For the Kings that means the top realistic PF free agent would be Serge Ibaka. He's 27 years old, a good defender, and shot 39.1% from 3 last year on four attempts per game. I think he'd be a good guy for Skal to emulate.

Realized that's three Paul's lol. Was looking at max contract which Ibaka would demand of close to it and almost $30 million per year for 4 years is a lot for a player that isn't a superstar. Might have to pass. Would rather sign JaMychal Green for half that or take on Ryan Anderson with incentives.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#77 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:54 pm

City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:

Using playoff performance as a metric isn't that helpful for us. The gap between Roberson and Ingles on defense is much smaller than the realistic gap between Ingles and Roberson on offense. The age concern and potential concerns are more swaying but if structure the deal as a stop gap option til you develop a young SF the metric shrinks more. I think both would be good role models but I get the feeling Roberson wants to run it back with Westbrook more than Ingles is tied to Utah. Just my hunch. Of course the offer sheet needed to sign either one would be the real decider.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Post draft, do you want the Kings to go after a PG in Free Agency? 

Post#78 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:54 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:

I agree he scored decently against the Rockets and was good other than the atrocious FT%. But his career #'s of 4.5 ppg shooting 26% from 3 and 49.3% from FT is worrisome for the amount of money required to him sign. I just think paying for just defense is a mistake unless the scoring output in playoffs (minus FT %) becomes his future norm.

I agree he doesn't shoot particularly well ...but he takes less than 6 shots per game so he's not hurting your team putting up bricks. His advanced stats are very favorable. He plays within himself and it translates to wins.

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Post draft, do you want the Kings to go after a PG in Free Agency? 

Post#79 » by codydaze » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:02 pm

City of Trees wrote:
PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

I agree he doesn't shoot particularly well ...but he takes less than 6 shots per game so he's not hurting your team putting up bricks. His advanced stats are very favorable. He plays within himself and it translates to wins.

The only problem with that is while he might only be taking 6 shots per game, the defense won't even be paying attention to him and it will create additional pressure for Fox, Skal, Buddy etc. to score. I think a defense with Fox, Roberson and WCS on the floor has scary potential but Roberson would definitely need an at least respectable jumper to really help.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#80 » by KF10 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:37 pm

I've been tooting my horn about signing Roberson but I believe Ingles is a better overall player than him and may perhaps cost less than Roberson.

Roberson is an elite defender for his position and Joerger would drool to have his defensive talents in Sacramento. His offensive game is a (big) concern but one thing that makes me breathe fine about him is that he knows his limitations on that side of the ball and is very good cutter and can crash the boards well.

Ingles can do a bit of everything and his defense is a lot better than most people think.

I wouldn't mind either of them here.

Return to Sacramento Kings