Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Re: Summer League 2017 - July 7th-17th 

Post#221 » by KF10 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:39 am

Sactowndog wrote:
KF10 wrote:Papa G has been poor for 10 quarters so far.

Skal & Buddy have been underwhelming.

It's mostly Fox + 4.

Pretty concerning Skal and Buddy can't show against Laker D league scrubs. I think in a couple years both of them play behind Bogdan and Giles.

I'm not worried about it. It's summer league. It's a completely different environment compared to the NBA.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#222 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:27 am

The Kings play the Bucks tomorrow at 5:30 pm on ESPN2. Time to turn this around and get the first summer league win in two years! Go Kings!
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#223 » by Cruel_Ruin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:40 pm

People freaking out about Summer League. A tradition on this board unlike any other :lol:
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Summer League 2017 - July 7th-17th 

Post#224 » by City of Trees » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Cruel_Ruin wrote:People freaking out about Summer League. A tradition on this board unlike any other :lol:

I've yet to see anyone freaking out.

Typically what happens is Summer League conversation is taken out of context by those who aren't as interested in Summer League.

There is the occasional hot take but thats normal in all aspects of every board.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#225 » by Cruel_Ruin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:47 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Cruel_Ruin wrote:People freaking out about Summer League. A tradition on this board unlike any other :lol:

Typically what happens is Summer League conversation is taken out of context by those who aren't as interested in Summer League.

There is the occasional hot take but thats normal in all aspects of every board.

Stuff like this:

Sactowndog wrote:Pretty concerning Skal and Buddy can't show against Laker D league scrubs. I think in a couple years both of them play behind Bogdan and Giles.

counts as freaking out to me, but YMWV
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Summer League 2017 - July 7th-17th 

Post#226 » by City of Trees » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Cruel_Ruin wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

Stuff like this:

Sactowndog wrote:Pretty concerning Skal and Buddy can't show against Laker D league scrubs. I think in a couple years both of them play behind Bogdan and Giles.

First take is typical Summer League talk... second take is the hot take we always see with everything, including SL.

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Summer League 2017 - July 7th-17th 

Post#227 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:26 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Cruel_Ruin wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I've yet to see anyone freaking out.

Stuff like this:

First take is typical Summer League talk... second take is the hot take we always see with everything, including SL.

A "hot take" can constitute as a "freak out" in the eye of the beholder. Opinions differ. He even qualified it.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#228 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Actually, this SL hasn't been that disastrous when you remember that it works on a point system where points are awarded to the team winning the quarter. The Kings ended up with a score of 6.5 quarters won to end up right in the middle of the pack. Now with the playoffs that goes out the window so I hope we see more of a consistent regular season type of rotation.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Summer League 2017 - July 7th-17th 

Post#229 » by City of Trees » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:15 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
Cruel_Ruin wrote:
Stuff like this:

A "hot take" can constitute as a "freak out" in the eye of the beholder. Opinions differ. He even qualified it.

Ok.

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Summer League 2017 - July 7th-17th 

Post#230 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:07 pm

City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:First take is typical Summer League talk... second take is the hot take we always see with everything, including SL.

Ok.

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#231 » by KingFox » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:52 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:Did we overhype skal?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Because of Summer league you think this? Lol no

Didn't Donte Green and Adam Morrison dominate summer league? please
str8cash
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#232 » by str8cash » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:56 pm

Kings Fan do u know what number would Vince Carter wearing since jackson got #15?
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#233 » by Sactowndog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:19 am

Cruel_Ruin wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

Stuff like this:

Pretty concerning is freaking out? Not even "very concerning" or "highly concerning". Both guys are second year players who are projected to be regular season starters.... It's not Rookies getting their first NBA experience I'm commenting on in this case.

Subsequent to the post Buddy and Skal have done better but at the time I posted it they had shown very little.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#234 » by Sactowndog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:27 am

BigCuz wrote:
jeffjtk1234 wrote:Did we overhype skal?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Because of Summer league you think this? Lol no

Didn't Donte Green and Adam Morrison dominate summer league? please

It's not a matter of dominating. But if your projected to be a regular season starter you ought to show progress in your game against lessor competition. Even if he's trying things and getting turnovers i.e. Jaylon Brown...
VeganKingsFan
Junior
And1: 81

Post#235 » by VeganKingsFan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:25 am

Skal and Papagiannis won us that game. Nobody else showed up. There's still hope for a championship lol
VeganKingsFan
Junior

Post#236 » by VeganKingsFan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:25 am

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#237 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:29 am

I see all the hate Papa received lit a fire under his ass. Good. Come with it big fella.

VeganKingsFan
Junior

Post#238 » by VeganKingsFan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 am

City of Trees wrote:I see all the hate Papa received lit a fire under his ass. Good. Come with it big fella.

He has worked so hard non-stop since the season ended. Then he was running up and down the court like crazy, so he couldn't focus on playing his game. He was pretty much going through the motions, trying to keep up with the game. He broke through the wall this game. The non-stop work he puts in now will pay off later on when he gets some rest and gets fresh during the season. Imagine constantly going to the gym and running, changing your body dramatically, then competing with a bunch of fast, smaller guys without taking a break. This is all good for him and his development to go through this. That's why I have been saying the whole time that I'm still high on him even though everyone was freaking out.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#239 » by Lost in LA » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:56 am

It is interesting how Pro Sports evolve. The 1990's Pistons would not survive in the current NBA, neither would old style NFL players from the Raiders and others. Currently, the NBA has become a wing/shooting game, which the Warriors will win as they have the best outside shooters and some players who can actually attack the basket.

What is the next iteration, and does the game become slower using big men like Papa...I somehow doubt it.
VeganKingsFan
Junior

Post#240 » by VeganKingsFan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:37 am

Lost in LA wrote:It is interesting how Pro Sports evolve. The 1990's Pistons would not survive in the current NBA, neither would old style NFL players from the Raiders and others. Currently, the NBA has become a wing/shooting game, which the Warriors will win as they have the best outside shooters and some players who can actually attack the basket.

What is the next iteration, and does the game become slower using big men like Papa...I somehow doubt it.

I still see players like Marc Gasol, Rudy Gobert, Nikola Jokic, Steven Adams, Jusuf Nurkic, Marcin Gortat, Jonas Valanciunas and many others being very valuable, and Papagiannis can join that group. He's not a snail. He has good touch and has good shooting and passing potential, and he just turned 20. He doesn't have to be a next generation small ball player to be successful.

Return to Sacramento Kings