ImageImageImageImageImage

Predict the ceiling of our youth.

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Predict the ceiling of our youth. 

Post#1 » by enderwilson » Fri Jul 7, 2017 3:28 am

Was just pondering on the subject, potentially for use in other discussion threads, and figured it would be nice to get other opinions. What pro player would you use to predict the potential ceiling of our young guys?

Here's a few of my thoughts.
De'Aaron Fox = The comparisons, based on speed, predict his ceiling is somewhat below John Wall.
Harry Giles = I've heard comparisons to Kevin Garnett. Yes please. :nod:
Skal Labissiere = Given his body type and skills, I'd love it if he could approach Chris Bosh.
Bogdan Bogdanovic = Peja?? Because he can shoot and he's European? (Don't judge me.) :-?

Here's the one that I think is interesting.
Georgios Papagiannis = He's 7'1". He's got great agility and a very nice jumper. Based on this, I'm thinking he has Yao Ming potential.

I don't have any thoughts for Willie, Buddy, or Malachi.
VeganKingsFan
Junior
And1: 81

Re: Predict the ceiling of our youth. 

Post#2 » by VeganKingsFan » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:09 am

enderwilson wrote:Was just pondering on the subject, potentially for use in other discussion threads, and figured it would be nice to get other opinions. What pro player would you use to predict the potential ceiling of our young guys?

De'Aaron Fox = The comparisons, based on speed, predict his ceiling is somewhat below John Wall.
Skal Labissiere = Given his body type and skills, I'd love it if he could approach Chris Bosh.
Bogdan Bogdanovic = Peja?? Because he can shoot and he's European? (Don't judge me.) :-?

Georgios Papagiannis = He's 7'1". He's got great agility and a very nice jumper. Based on this, I'm thinking he has Yao Ming potential.

I wouldn't place a ceiling on any of them. Nobody knows what they can be. It's all up to them.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#3 » by codydaze » Fri Jul 7, 2017 6:30 am

I think prime Michael Redd is something Buddy can turn into. He was an all star level player at his peak.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Fri Jul 7, 2017 6:43 am

Willie has been compared to a young Tyson ChandlerImageImage

Comparing stats from their 2nd year seems almost identical
ImageImageImageImage
Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#5 » by JohnWillow » Fri Jul 7, 2017 9:42 am

Fox,Buddy, Bogdanovich,Giles, Jackson, WCS and Skal all of them all stars tbh..

Come @ me, I don't care lol
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#6 » by codydaze » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:45 pm

City of Trees wrote:Willie has been compared to a young Tyson ChandlerImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

It's a fair comparison but you have to take into account that Chandler came out of high school and Willie was a three year college guy so you'd hope Willie was a little further along. You probably have to take into account Willie was behind Cousins as well so I think this year will be the most telling of where he is as a player.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: Predict the ceiling of our youth. 

Post#7 » by City of Trees » Fri Jul 7, 2017 6:00 pm

codydaze wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Willie has been compared to a young Tyson ChandlerImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

It's a fair comparison but you have to take into account that Chandler came out of high school and Willie was a three year college guy so you'd hope Willie was a little further along. You probably have to take into account Willie was behind Cousins as well so I think this year will be the most telling of where he is as a player.

True.

IMO his ceiling is Chandler with better offense.

His floor ?
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#8 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jul 7, 2017 7:20 pm

Yeah, that jump shot he's starting to show could send him sky high. He even hit a couple off the dribble last year.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#9 » by blind prophet » Fri Jul 7, 2017 7:46 pm

WCS is a much better athlete than Chandler, although he's not going to ever be as strong.

He's a unique prospect, don't think anyone in the league is a fair comparison.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#10 » by blind prophet » Fri Jul 7, 2017 7:49 pm

Skal if everything works out perfectly can be a more agile Rasheed Wallace type. Not as strong though.

Papa is probably the most intriguing to me, really curious if he develops more.

Mason may be a Bobby Jackson type with better 3 point shooting.

If Buddy gets stronger he has a Mitch sort of skill set, although I don't think he will be as good as Mitch was.
TacoBell
Sophomore
And1: 86

Post#11 » by TacoBell » Sat Jul 8, 2017 6:43 am

Really hard to say. It's gonna get a lot harder for the young guys when teams start to gameplan against them.

I think Skal could be like Lemarcus Aldridge but it will take him several years. Chris Bosh might be pushing it but it's possible
Fox is the closest sure thing we have. You could say John Wall but I think Fox will be faster.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#12 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Oct 4, 2017 2:20 pm

enderwilson wrote:Was just pondering on the subject, potentially for use in other discussion threads, and figured it would be nice to get other opinions. What pro player would you use to predict the potential ceiling of our young guys?

Greek national team measured Papagiannis at 7-2 1/2. The NBA lists him shorter than he is. Giannis looked tiny compared to him. NBA also has a really weird weight listing for Papagiannis. He was weighing in at 278 his last year in Greece, then NBA lists him now at 240....it does not look like he lost 38 pounds, not even remotely.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#13 » by sacking123 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:25 am

I think Papa's ceiling is like Rik Smits.
Fox - Wall
Hield - Mitch Richmond
Skal - I like the Bosh pick
Willie - Zo lite
Giles - Odom

Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#14 » by jazanetti » Thu Oct 5, 2017 6:07 pm

I'd say Fox is more like Westbrook than Wall.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#15 » by City of Trees » Thu Oct 5, 2017 7:03 pm

jazanetti wrote:I'd say Fox is more like Westbrook than Wall.

When I think Russell Westbrook I envision a physical monster on the court. Fox isn't very strong. He's quick like Wall.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#16 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Oct 5, 2017 10:07 pm

City of Trees wrote:

When I think Russell Westbrook I envision a physical monster on the court. Fox isn't very strong. He's quick like Wall.

Wall and Westbrook are both monsters compared to Fox. I think there are similarities to both Westbrook and Wall in the way he attacks the rim and how he maneuvers in the paint.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#17 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Oct 5, 2017 10:13 pm

simonbampfield wrote:I think Papa's ceiling is like Rik Smits.
Fox - Wall
Hield - Mitch Richmond
Skal - I like the Bosh pick
Willie - Zo lite
Giles - Odom

That's Smits comparison, I can see it. Nice one.

Hield reminds me of Peja in a lot of ways. He has some similar, albeit quicker, one on one moves while creating shots including a sweet spin around step back. Hield should be OK defensively, somewhat like Peja, but Mitch was a stopper. Hard to compare him to that standard IMO. I do think Buddy has go to potential. As an all around scorer more than anyone currently on the roster.

Skal still reminds me of Shareef. He's narrow and a little slender like Reef but has a knack for getting guys on his backside and working them towards the basket with side to side moves. In watching tape of Giles I think his game is similar to Bosh. Giles looks like Bosh with Reefs knees implanted into his legs. :wink:
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#18 » by No-Man » Sat Oct 7, 2017 2:10 pm

De'Aaron Fox; something between Schröder and Tony Parker with better defense than both but worse shooter also
Bogdan Bogdanovic; ideal supporting wing, can do a bit of everything, possible starter or if not 3rd wing, likely never a star, think Fournier (different style)
Buddy Hield; healthier/bigger Jodie Meeks
Justin Jackson; Joe Ingles
Frank Mason III; JJ Barea 2.0
Skal Labissiere; best case scenario is Frye, dunno if he gets all the way there
Willie Cauley-Stein; best case scenario is the Whiteside route through maturation, doubt that happens and doubt it happens in Sacto
Malachi Richardson; Gerald Green, to say one, typical one dimensional scorer that maybe is a journeyman at best
Harry Giles; probably washes out if he sticks I think a low-end role player is the most likely outcome, always reminded me of PJ Brown
Georgios Papagiannis; 7'2 Robin Lopez, I doubt it happens but they have similar games, Lopez was a hell of a lot better athletically as youngster though.

So yeah, I'd say that the team needs at the very least a couple of blue chippers more if you actually wanna have the ceiling of a top5-10 team long-term.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#19 » by No-Man » Sat Oct 7, 2017 2:13 pm

City of Trees wrote:

Fox weighed in at 167lbs in the combine, Wall was at 197 at the same age and is easily at 210 now.

Wall has that speed to power, same as Westbrook, doubt Fox ever gets to weigh more than 185, those comps were always ludicrous, you can see their lower body-strength, Fox's legs are toothpicks in comparison with those other guys.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#20 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Oct 7, 2017 2:41 pm

I've upvoted you for your english nick, Fischella.
Funny translated.

Did you figure out to what extend would Joerger be a good developer for all those baldscrots?
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea

Return to Sacramento Kings