ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings fans! My inquiring mind would like to know

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

illusional
Sophomore
And1: 23

Kings fans! My inquiring mind would like to know 

Post#1 » by illusional » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:07 pm

What would you be willing to give up for a Jabari Parker & a Mizra Teletovic?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: Kings fans! My inquiring mind would like to know 

Post#2 » by kalenclayton » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:31 pm

illusional wrote:What would you be willing to give up for a Jabari Parker & a Mizra Teletovic?

I'm a huge fan of Jabari (Teletovic... not so much). I don't think the Kings are in a position to make a trade for him at this moment because they need to see what they have. For the sake of this thread, I would currently say I would probably send Buddy Hield, Kosta Koufos, and Malachi Richardson. Kings get a go to scorer who can play the 3 and 4. Bucks get a microwave SG.
VeganKingsFan
Junior
And1: 81

Post#3 » by VeganKingsFan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Kosta Koufos, Garrett Temple, Malachi Richardson and maybe some 2nd's along with taking Teletovic's bad contract seems fair. The numbers work perfectly. Jabari Parker is still only 22 and very talented, but with his injury and it being the last year of his rookie contract, his trade value is tempered. It would be nice to have another potential star though.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#4 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:35 pm

When does Parker come back? If he's out most of the year I can't see the point. I wouldn't mind the Kings looking at him in the summer though. The problem is the Kings kind of locked themselves up this summer money wise so no real big spending in '18 most likely.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#5 » by kalenclayton » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:43 pm

VeganKingsFan wrote:Kosta Koufos, Garrett Temple, Malachi Richardson along with taking Teletovic's bad contract seems fair. The numbers work perfectly. Jabari Parker is still only 22 and very talented, but with his injury and it being the last year of his rookie contract, his trade value is tempered. It would be nice to have another potential star though.

Now I would be extremely happy if that was ll that it took to get Jabari, but I think you are significantly undervaluing him. Here is how I see him:

Cons
Has been injury prone
In last year of rookie contract
Slight tweener
Average to slightly below-average defender

Pros
Can create shots easily
Great scorer
Seems to have a good attitude
Plays hard (from what I've seen)
Star Potential

I think this guy can really be something big if he gets healthy. He is definitely worth more than Malachi. I would send Buddy for him straight up if Vlade was confident in his knees getting healthy. The problem then becomes fit. You would have to ensure 1 of 2 things:
(1) you move WCS for a wing or future pick. This lets you move Skal to the 5 and Parker at the 4. Sure, that's a VERY thin lineup, but it's athletic and everyone can shoot.
(2) you make Jabari or Skal play full-time SF. I like this with Jabari if his knees get stay intact. Then you need to address shooting on the wing (primarily the 2). I'm assuming that means you start Bogdan at the 2 and hopefully he can shoot the lights out.

---

I don't want to make any moves right now, but if push comes to shove, then I'm betting on Jabari. I really like his game and think he will be fine after this injury. I have high hopes for him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#6 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:34 pm

I wouldn't consider including Hield for him. I could see Koufos/Malachi/2nds for Jabari. Personally with his injuries I just don't see much value.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,673

Post#7 » by dorkestra » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:58 am

I think kalenclayton is right. You may not want to include Hield but it would likely take something along those lines. Utah would probably offer up Favors for example.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
VeganKingsFan
Junior
And1: 81

Post#8 » by VeganKingsFan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:58 pm

dorkestra wrote:I think kalenclayton is right. You may not want to include Hield but it would likely take something along those lines. Utah would probably offer up Favors for example.

Favors isn't very valuable at all. He's an injury-prone traditional PF who is already basically at his prime at 26 and not on a rookie contract.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

Post#9 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:01 am

Not much. Kinda like Pizza Guy. I am not enamored of young "potential" injury-prone guys.

Return to Sacramento Kings