ImageImageImageImageImage

2017-2018 Season Discussion

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacSanity
Senior
And1: 89

2017-2018 Season Discussion 

Post#1 » by SacSanity » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:14 pm

With the start of the season coming up, I think it would be good to have a general discussion on this upcoming season. Do we have a set starting 5 as of now? Who will be part of the rotation and who will not (starting the season of course)? I think this season will come with many growing pains, with hopefully some bright light at the end of the tunnel. Key things I am really looking out for is the growth from our 2 bigs in WCS and Skal. I am also really looking forward to seeing what BB can do and if he ends up starting for us. KINGS FOR LIFE
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: 2017-2018 Season Discussion 

Post#2 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 pm

I think you give the experienced guys 3-4 weeks to see if maybe there might be a reason to reverse course and go all in now. If that fails, then I hope they bring on the Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, Skal, and Willie unit ASAP to see if there is some chemistry there worth exploring for the long haul. That will give them some ideas on where to go from there. Joerger even came out and spoke about the team being in transition roster wise. They need to learn from past mistakes and realize cutting loose early is always better than too late.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#3 » by Lost in LA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:27 am

Yes, the core veteran group, apart from Hill, would not start on any other team, so youth it is
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#4 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Yo yo Sacto! I thought your twin towers lineup with PapaG and WCS looked like a fun pairing. They are a great contrast, with PapaG being a guy that has the skills to be a very polished offensive player and WCS is a great athletic energy big. Any chance Joerger actually gives this a try?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#5 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:Yo yo Sacto! I thought your twin towers lineup with PapaG and WCS looked like a fun pairing. They are a great contrast, with PapaG being a guy that has the skills to be a very polished offensive player and WCS is a great athletic energy big. Any chance Joerger actually gives this a try?

Most of the time he's done it it's looked pretty horrid so who knows. They have been pushing both bigs farther out of the paint on offense which is good and the only way any two big lineup will work with the current crop of Kings guards.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Reno Bighorns jersey sponsor is freaking Walmart.
Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#7 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:58 pm

Why is the NBA so whorish these days? I watched some WNBA and I think the Los Angeles Equitrust or whatever company is was were playing. I'll guess we'll have to get used to it. I wonder how much it would cost me for Adam Silver to tattoo my name on his butt?
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#8 » by blind prophet » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:27 am

Randolph absolutely has to start because we have a lot of trouble scoring.

I don't like the WCS and Hill pair, clogs the lane and makes both of them less effective, would rather see WCS paired with Fox.

We need Bogdan or Buddy to get hot every night to stand a chance too.
SacSanity
Senior
And1: 89

Post#9 » by SacSanity » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:Why is the NBA so whorish these days? I watched some WNBA and I think the Los Angeles Equitrust or whatever company is was were playing. I'll guess we'll have to get used to it. I wonder how much it would cost me for Adam Silver to tattoo my name on his butt?

It is disgusting. It is this soccer mentality that Silver brought in the NBA. He will do whatever he needs to for more money. I have never bought a jersey before and if there are ads on them, it will only keep it that way for me.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: 2017-2018 Season Discussion 

Post#10 » by City of Trees » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:36 pm

SacSanity wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:Why is the NBA so whorish these days? I watched some WNBA and I think the Los Angeles Equitrust or whatever company is was were playing. I'll guess we'll have to get used to it. I wonder how much it would cost me for Adam Silver to tattoo my name on his butt?

It is disgusting. It is this soccer mentality that Silver brought in the NBA. He will do whatever he needs to for more money. I have never bought a jersey before and if there are ads on them, it will only keep it that way for me.

It's going to be real hard for me to buy a jersey with an ad on it. I mean I love basketball I just want a basketball jersey reppin my favorite player or City. I don't want to buy jersey with business logos on it especially Walmart's!!! That right there is an easy no and I will absolutely 100% never buy that Jersey. Never.

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#11 » by gom » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:24 am

Hi, Kings fans.

My 89-year-old mom is a long-time Kings fan who discovered that the local games are no longer broadcast on her cable. She has Comcast in Sacramento. I would get her NBA League Pass but she's not able to see local games because they're blacked out. So, I ask you which options you use.

And before you suggest it... (lol), she can't just go hunting for streams on Reddit. It would be a disaster.

Thanks!

P.S. You should visit the Pelicans game thread. They're friendly over there:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1628054
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#12 » by City of Trees » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:28 pm

gom wrote:Hi, Kings fans.

My 89-year-old mom is a long-time Kings fan who discovered that the local games are no longer broadcast on her cable. She has Comcast in Sacramento. I would get her NBA League Pass but she's not able to see local games because they're blacked out. So, I ask you which options you use.

And before you suggest it... (lol), she can't just go hunting for streams on Reddit. It would be a disaster.

Thanks!

That's weird I use my buddy's Comcast login to watch the Kings games?

I use the NBCsports app

Almost certain Comcast in Sac shows every Kings game.

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#13 » by gom » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:43 am

City of Trees wrote:
gom wrote:Hi, Kings fans.

Thanks!

That's weird I use my buddy's Comcast login to watch the Kings games?

I use the NBCsports app

Almost certain Comcast in Sac shows every Kings game.

Thanks, City of Trees. I'll sort it out. She might be losing it a little. :-(
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Sacramento Kings