ImageImageImageImageImage

KINGS vs. ROCKETS - First Game of the Year!

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Re: RE: Re: KINGS vs. ROCKETS - First Game of the Year! 

Post#21 » by blind prophet » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:19 am

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Hey last night I read in the sac bee where Vlade was quoted in saying he thinks Justin Jackson has won the starting job at small forward. Anybody heard any news on this?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

I didn't, but it would make sense considering he's the only one close to being a legit SF on the whole team. :lol:

Here you go. Vlade shares his opinion on every Kings player.

http://amp.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article179430461.html

Great read, thanks man.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Re: KINGS vs. ROCKETS - First Game of the Year! 

Post#22 » by codydaze » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 am

Hill - Hield - Jackson - Skal - WCS

starting lineup for tonight, wow! i love it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#23 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:29 am

They need to get that race car sound effect ready for Fox.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#24 » by City of Trees » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 am

I'm bummed Willie cauley-stein doesn't play defense like I think he can

euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#25 » by euphorbus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:42 am

The Kings have momentum going into the fourth.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#26 » by City of Trees » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:00 am

I wouldn't pay money to watch Harden. The guy just isn't exciting but he's a superstar so you would expect a superstar to entertain. His little glitch getting to the free-throw is boring man.

nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#27 » by nolimit0820 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:32 am

That was a terrible review. They called an out of bounds call and then flipped it after the review to be a foul? Am I missing something here? Skal with 4 or 5 turnovers burned us. Hill is so steady. Buddy came alive. WCS offensively did a great job and had 3 blocks. Out muscled by Capela, but WCS also got caught a few times serving as weakside help so Capela got some easy ones. KK is hard to watch offensively. Fox is...wow! Great first game...wish we pulled it out
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#28 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:37 am

Yeah, bad call. All in all the Kings looked good though. The defense was surprisingly decent.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#29 » by City of Trees » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:02 am

Kings made it fun. Thats all I can ask for.

SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#30 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:45 am

I'm most stoked about finally seeing Willie get a chance to take those jumpers. It's about freaking time. :nod:
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#31 » by jazanetti » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Great team defence while poor ball moving, Buddy had zero open threes. Dave have to do something about it. We need to generate open shots for Buddy and Bogdan. But defensive potential of this teem is outstanding. And Scal's mid-range is really lethal weapon, waiting to see him shooting threes also.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#32 » by enderwilson » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:46 pm

nolimit0820 wrote: Skal with 4 or 5 turnovers burned us.

Yeah, that seems a lot. But looking at the games stats, the turnovers between HOU and SAC (14/17) dont really stand out to me. What seems a bigger influence is the trips to the charity stripe. When HOU got 29 trips at 93% shooting compared to SAC's 10 trips at 80%, free throws made a huge difference in a game decided by 5 points. Especially considering we were 42/83 for 48% shooting compared to HOU 33/83 for 40%.

All in all, that's a pretty optimistic outing. While CP3 was out for the game, so were our more prolific scorers in ZBo and Bogs. If only this team will compete like this for the rest of the season.
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#33 » by nolimit0820 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:28 pm

enderwilson wrote:
nolimit0820 wrote: Skal with 4 or 5 turnovers burned us.

Yeah, that seems a lot. But looking at the games stats, the turnovers between HOU and SAC (14/17) dont really stand out to me. What seems a bigger influence is the trips to the charity stripe. When HOU got 29 trips at 93% shooting compared to SAC's 10 trips at 80%, free throws made a huge difference in a game decided by 5 points. Especially considering we were 42/83 for 48% shooting compared to HOU 33/83 for 40%.

All in all, that's a pretty optimistic outing. While CP3 was out for the game, so were our more prolific scorers in ZBo and Bogs. If only this team will compete like this for the rest of the season.

Agreed. The reality is James Harden is going to get every team in the bonus extremely early. That, and I don’t think our team is going to be statistically relevant in getting to the free throw line. I’d venture to say we’ll be near the bottom of the league in free throws attempted. Just my opinion based on our personnel.

The league definitely is tightening up on travel calls (thankfully). I’ve seen it in other games and no different yesterday. Two or three of Skal’s turnovers were travels so I’m sure their next practice he’ll be work on it and adjust. Certainly the stats give a good macro view of the game. On a micro level, skal had two terrible passes (I mean AWFUL). The skip (or lack there of) and his weak backdoor pass to Buddy. Each of those were in crucial points in the game.

My point, this is going to be our development. We’re competing, we’re competing...then a young mistake. Skal was the victim yesterday it’ll be someone else next game. It’s all good, but there’s no doubt it was turnovers down the stretch that hurt us. I’d love to see how many of those ended up in buckets for the Rockets too. All in all, first game and it was exciting. We have room to grow and these are the types of markers to measure our growth! It doesn’t need to be LONG season if we see the team make progress in these types of areas
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 591

Post#34 » by madskillz8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:17 pm

jazanetti wrote:Great team defence while poor ball moving, Buddy had zero open threes. Dave have to do something about it. We need to generate open shots for Buddy and Bogdan. But defensive potential of this teem is outstanding. And Scal's mid-range is really lethal weapon, waiting to see him shooting threes also.

This.

We are relying on iso plays until preseason and it holds back Hield, Bogdan and Jackson. We should be having playing for our spot up shooters.

It is sad to saw Eric Gordon had like 10 open three pointers while Buddy Hield had most of his points over the dribble on defenders, with contested plays. Everyone including our bigs are going to play iso. I hate our offensive plan up to date, and don't be surprised to be 30th best in scoring.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#35 » by codydaze » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:27 pm

madskillz8 wrote:
jazanetti wrote:Great team defence while poor ball moving, Buddy had zero open threes. Dave have to do something about it. We need to generate open shots for Buddy and Bogdan. But defensive potential of this teem is outstanding. And Scal's mid-range is really lethal weapon, waiting to see him shooting threes also.

This.

We are relying on iso plays until preseason and it holds back Hield, Bogdan and Jackson. We should be having playing for our spot up shooters.

It is sad to saw Eric Gordon had like 10 open three pointers while Buddy Hield had most of his points over the dribble on defenders, with contested plays. Everyone including our bigs are going to play iso. I hate our offensive plan up to date, and don't be surprised to be 30th best in scoring.

You have to realize Joerger doesn't even have close to his full system in place yet. He said himself in postgame that they ran the same out of bounds play like six straight times because they don't have their full sets in place. This is pretty much a completely new roster, it's going to take time to get the system running. Even with that, I didn't feel the ball was sticking too much. I thought there were flashes of some solid ball movement and some flashes of guys going iso trying to create. I'm okay with that early in the season. Come December you hope to see less and less of it but you gotta give them time to get comfortable in the offense.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 591

Post#36 » by madskillz8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:41 pm

codydaze wrote:
madskillz8 wrote:

This.

You have to realize Joerger doesn't even have close to his full system in place yet. He said himself in postgame that they ran the same out of bounds play like six straight times because they don't have their full sets in place. This is pretty much a completely new roster, it's going to take time to get the system running. Even with that, I didn't feel the ball was sticking too much. I thought there were flashes of some solid ball movement and some flashes of guys going iso trying to create. I'm okay with that early in the season. Come December you hope to see less and less of it but you gotta give them time to get comfortable in the offense.

Good to hear. I wasn't able to hear post game commentary, but I simply don't like what we are trying in preseason. As a one who watch all preseason, I don't see our system can quickly adjust to remember we have 40%+ 3point shooters in Hield, Jackson, Bogdan and Mason at all.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#37 » by enderwilson » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:05 am

nolimit0820 wrote:The reality is James Harden is going to get every team in the bonus extremely early.

I think this could be both part of Fox and Mason's game. Mason is built a bit more for the contact, but Fox definitely has the ability to get by defenders and into the paint. Both have the game that get's them to the charity stripe which is good for us in the long run.

nolimit0820 wrote:We’re competing, we’re competing...then a young mistake.

As long as the young can hold onto this mantra, the last part should fall off with experience.

Return to Sacramento Kings