Re: Draft Watch 2018 

Post#2601 » by jazanetti » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:32 am

Read on Twitter
Eisenheart
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#2602 » by Eisenheart » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 am

I'm done. Good luck to everybody, i like you guys and wish you all the best.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#2603 » by KF10 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:46 am

Don’t like the draft choice but I’m gonna root for Bagley to shut me up.

I’m not mad at Bagley, the player, but more at this FO’s telegraphing every move and not optimizing their resources for more assets. I feel it is an opportunity lost.

As much I didn’t like MPJ, I wouldn’t have been angry if the Kings traded down (MPJ slid FAR down), and totally brought in legitimate assets towards their way. There was a number of teams that wanted a crack at Doncic and the Kings should have capitalize that interest. Vlade said that he only followed about “3-4 players” all year long. So, he had a list of players that he was interested in. To me, Bagley wasn’t on Vlade’s inital radar until the Kings moved up to 2. The draft workout with Bagley really solidified Vlade preferred choice for Bagley. So who knows if an team would have moved Vlade away from Bagley.
daspenguin
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#2604 » by daspenguin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:03 pm

City of Trees wrote:The future:

Fox
Bogi
Buddy
Bagley
Giles

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

The future, where you miss the playoffs eight times out of ten.

I will never ever understand the NBA draft. Hey, we don't want an elite playmaker who is 19(!) years old and way ahead of the curve when it comes to actual basketball skills, like passing, seeing the floor and creating shots. We just drafted a guy who does everything worse, se lets just keep him and draft someone else. He might get upset.

And Luka is not a horrible defender at all. He knows how to position himself and wants to play D, and once again, he's 19. Even though offensively he's more polished than anyone in the draft, he can still improve a lot, especially on the defensive end.

Really don't understand the Kings here. Although I understand the Hawks even less. "Hey, our PG makes 17 million, we can't trade him because nobody wants him so let's pick an even smaller guy who plays the same position. "

There must be a reason why some teams always find themselves in the lottery.
Eisenheart
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#2605 » by Eisenheart » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Hawks are new in the lottery. The we're Always a Po Team in the Last decade.
I hate our pick but i don't want be unfair and decided to give FO and Bagley a chance. But i think we need a new Coach with this roster. This guys should run run run
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#2606 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:13 pm

I got caught up in the Luka hysteria a bit, but have remembered why I’ve always had Bagley.

Great pick, and am interested to see his pairing with Giles
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#2607 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:24 pm

daspenguin wrote:
City of Trees wrote:The future:

Fox
Bogi
Buddy
Bagley
Giles

The future, where you miss the playoffs eight times out of ten.

I will never ever understand the NBA draft. Hey, we don't want an elite playmaker who is 19(!) years old and way ahead of the curve when it comes to actual basketball skills, like passing, seeing the floor and creating shots. We just drafted a guy who does everything worse, se lets just keep him and draft someone else. He might get upset.

And Luka is not a horrible defender at all. He knows how to position himself and wants to play D, and once again, he's 19. Even though offensively he's more polished than anyone in the draft, he can still improve a lot, especially on the defensive end.

Really don't understand the Kings here. Although I understand the Hawks even less. "Hey, our PG makes 17 million, we can't trade him because nobody wants him so let's pick an even smaller guy who plays the same position. "

There must be a reason why some teams always find themselves in the lottery.

We just drafted a PG the team believes in who doesn’t do everything worse, he can actually penetrate in the NBA.

We have ball handlers in Fox/Bogdan
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#2608 » by kingjawn100 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:38 pm

KF10 wrote:Don’t like the draft choice but I’m gonna root for Bagley to shut me up.

I’m not mad at Bagley, the player, but more at this FO’s telegraphing every move and not optimizing their resources for more assets. I feel it is an opportunity lost.

As much I didn’t like MPJ, I wouldn’t have been angry if the Kings traded down (MPJ slid FAR down), and totally brought in legitimate assets towards their way. There was a number of teams that wanted a crack at Doncic and the Kings should have capitalize that interest. Vlade said that he only followed about “3-4 players” all year long. So, he had a list of players that he was interested in. To me, Bagley wasn’t on Vlade’s inital radar until the Kings moved up to 2. The draft workout with Bagley really solidified Vlade preferred choice for Bagley. So who knows if an team would have moved Vlade away from Bagley.

From everything i've read the medical results on Porter last week were terrifying. He's most likely not playing at all this year and would have gotten Vlade, Joerger fired.

i don't know who's advising him but Porter's made some really strange decisions the last 6 months. From playing those 2 games with Missouri while not nearly healthy which dropped his draft stock to letting all the NBA know that he was in so much pain that he couldn't get out of bed a few days ago. He's cost himself a lot of money.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#2609 » by taj2133 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:44 pm

OT:
Read on Twitter
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#2610 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:25 pm

simonbampfield wrote:Sorry all I will add is how did Vlade, who thinks Bogdan is going to be an all star, thought Papa G could become an all star and then passes on the absolute best Euro prospect ever? Doesn’t quite add up, that means Bagley is going to be a superstar in his eyes, and will need to be.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

They are different situations. Getting Doncic meant passing up on Bagley and if there were no Bagley my guess is he does pick Doncic and if not I shudder to think who he would have taken. Bagley is the reason he passed up on Doncic, nothing more, nothing less.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#2611 » by taj2133 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 pm

taj2133
General Manager

Post#2612 » by taj2133 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Read on Twitter
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#2613 » by kingjawn100 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:26 pm

It's worth noting that Rober Sarver, Igor Kokoskov, Vlade Divac, Peja Stojakovic and Bogdan Bgodanovic were all part of organizations that passed on Luka Doncic. The two organizations that probably know Luka best both determined he wasn't worth a top 2 pick.

The one head-scratching thing which may reveal that Vlade is a bit out of touch is that he thinks 6'11" Bagley can play small forward while Dallas was quoted today saying they will utilize 6'7" Luka at power forward to create mismatches. Almost the old way of thinking vs the modern nba.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,969

Post#2614 » by Archx » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:25 pm

kingjawn100 wrote:It's worth noting that Rober Sarver, Igor Kokoskov, Vlade Divac, Peja Stojakovic and Bogdan Bgodanovic were all part of organizations that passed on Luka Doncic. The two organizations that probably know Luka best both determined he wasn't worth a top 2 pick.

The one head-scratching thing which may reveal that Vlade is a bit out of touch is that he thinks 6'11" Bagley can play small forward while Dallas was quoted today saying they will utilize 6'7" Luka at power forward to create mismatches. Almost the old way of thinking vs the modern nba.

That is true. And their plan is to put him as soon as possible into strength and conditioning training. So in few years he could potentially become a beast at 4 aswell. Like Simmons with a good jump shot. But obviously that's quite a long road to get there.

Maybe Divac didn't think this through good enough or maybe he did. We'll see after couple of seasons :D
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#2615 » by Bob8 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:45 pm

It’s easy. Kings didn’t pick Luka because of Fox. That’s kinda strange because,

a.) Fox didn’t look that good last year.

b.) It’s always great to have more playmakers on the floor.

Bagley is for sure not Sf.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#2616 » by enderwilson » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Bob8 wrote:It’s easy. Kings didn’t pick Luka because of Fox. That’s kinda strange because,

???
I think you're conflating "looking good" with being a Rookie of the Year contender. Fox DID look good last year. And he showed flashes of his potential for being at the top of this draft class. Other rookies might have gotten noticed more, that doesn't make Fox bad.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#2617 » by Bob8 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 pm

enderwilson wrote:
Bob8 wrote:It’s easy. Kings didn’t pick Luka because of Fox. That’s kinda strange because,

???
I think you're conflating "looking good" with being a Rookie of the Year contender. Fox DID look good last year. And he showed flashes of his potential for being at the top of this draft class. Other rookies might have gotten noticed more, that doesn't make Fox bad.

...that good that you don’t need another playmaker in the team?
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#2618 » by nolimit0820 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:45 pm

Bogdan provides much of what Doncic does. Smart move drafting Bagley.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Draft Watch 2018 

Post#2619 » by City of Trees » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:56 pm

nolimit0820 wrote:Bogdan provides much of what Doncic does. Smart move drafting Bagley.
Time will tell if it was smart but I agree rebounding was a bigger team need than passing.

However the Kings arent in a position to comfortably draft by need.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#2620 » by ICMTM » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:11 am

simonbampfield wrote:Sorry all I will add is how did Vlade, who thinks Bogdan is going to be an all star, thought Papa G could become an all star and then passes on the absolute best Euro prospect ever? Doesn’t quite add up, that means Bagley is going to be a superstar in his eyes, and will need to be.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Media spin.

I feel if the org does a good job in development of these players we can be something. When I say something I mean a Portland, Utah, NOLA, and I'm great with that.

If we become something more than that...gravy!
KANGZZZZZ!

Return to Sacramento Kings