Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Re: General Trade Rumors 

Post#321 » by codydaze » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:56 pm

blind prophet wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Papa clear waivers?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

You expect him to be picked up by anyone?

I expect him to sign in Europe and then re-emerge on the Spurs in like 5 years.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: General Trade Rumors 

Post#322 » by City of Trees » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:05 pm

blind prophet wrote:

Clearing waivers didnt shock me however I am a bit surprised no one is taking a look at him.

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#323 » by blind prophet » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:07 pm

codydaze wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

I expect him to sign in Europe and then re-emerge on the Spurs in like 5 years.

I hope that is the case, so we can save a little face about the decision as an organization.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#324 » by blind prophet » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:08 pm

City of Trees wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Clearing waivers didnt shock me however I am a bit surprised no one is taking a look at him.

I'd imagine if he doesn't get picked up by the end of All Star break, he won't be.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#325 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:31 pm

blind prophet wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

I'd imagine if he doesn't get picked up by the end of All Star break, he won't be.

C'mon guys, we all know he belongs in the Euro league.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#326 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:29 pm

With the Rockets waiving Troy Williams to clear a roster spot for Joe Johnson, I think the Kings should sign him for the remainder of the season. He turned 23 in December, is a 6'7 defensive minded, super athletic small forward that tore it up at summer league. With Carter's age and being a FA and Temple potentially opting out I think he could be good pick up that fits with youth timeline.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#327 » by kalenclayton » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:26 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:With the Rockets waiving Troy Williams to clear a roster spot for Joe Johnson, I think the Kings should sign him for the remainder of the season. He turned 23 in December, is a 6'7 defensive minded, super athletic small forward that tore it up at summer league. With Carter's age and being a FA and Temple potentially opting out I think he could be good pick up that fits with youth timeline.

I was actually a bit surprised they didn’t claim him. He would be a great fit as a prospect. He was only guaranteed a little bit of money next season so I thought it would be a good idea to pick him up. Regardless, they should definitely use that roster spot on him. At least get him on a couple 10-day contracts.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#328 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:34 am

Reading into Temple's radio interview today on KHTK, he said he cant wait to play with Giles NEXT season.

Tipping his hand?

NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,316

Post#329 » by NatP4 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:23 pm

would you guys trade your 2018 1st for Kelly Oubre and the wizards 2018 1st?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#330 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:58 pm

NatP4 wrote:would you guys trade your 2018 1st for Kelly Oubre and the wizards 2018 1st?

No I wouldnt.

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#331 » by codydaze » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:14 pm

City of Trees wrote:Reading into Temple's radio interview today on KHTK, he said he cant wait to play with Giles NEXT season.

Tipping his hand?

I bet most guys with player options will be opting in to their contracts league wide. Don't think much money will be going around in free agency this summer so they're gonna want to secure that check.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#332 » by KF10 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:48 pm

NatP4 wrote:would you guys trade your 2018 1st for Kelly Oubre and the wizards 2018 1st?

The difference between a potential #1 overall pick and a pick that is likely to be in the 20’s isn’t Kelly Oubre. Oubre doesn’t have the needed value to bridge the huge gap of the difference.

And I like Oubre.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#333 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:43 pm

codydaze wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Reading into Temple's radio interview today on KHTK, he said he cant wait to play with Giles NEXT season.

Tipping his hand?

I bet most guys with player options will be opting in to their contracts league wide. Don't think much money will be going around in free agency this summer so they're gonna want to secure that check.

But that could make a some guy try to capitalize on a less cluttered market. We're just gonna have to wait and see.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#334 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 pm

codydaze wrote:

Tipping his hand?

I agree. It's fairly light FA market too so I'd bet a lot of teams just pay the guys they have now which will take them off the market.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#335 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:41 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Tipping his hand?

But that could make a some guy try to capitalize on a less cluttered market. We're just gonna have to wait and see.

That could happen if teams just re-sign their guys. Most of the teams expected to have space would only have it by letting some of their main pieces go. Koufos and Temple could maybe get a team to give them a full MLE type of deal and make up any losses, if any, on the back end.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#336 » by bleeds_purple » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:47 am

Tipping his hand?

Hopefully we retain Temple. His on court play is up and down but I always respect the attitude and energy he brings. When they interview him it feels like he genuinely enjoys playing here and raising up the young guys.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#337 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:55 am

bleeds_purple wrote:

Tipping his hand?

Hopefully we retain Temple. His on court play is up and down but I always respect the attitude and energy he brings. When they interview him it feels like he genuinely enjoys playing here and raising up the young guys.

We all know the 3 year 60 million dollar deal is coming, don't worry Kings fans! :lol:
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#338 » by kingjawn100 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:22 pm

Random question...if it comes to down to extending Willie or throwing a ton of money at Julius Randle which would you guys prefer?

Their numbers offensively are pretty similar with Randle being slightly better while WCS, despite his limitations, is the better defensive player. To me if those are really the 2 options id rather stick with the guy we drafted and hope he continues to develop. If it's basically a lateral move then why do it

I'm of the mode to throw out whatever it takes for Aaron Gordon and if it doesn't work get low level free agents to backup our young guys.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#339 » by kalenclayton » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 pm

kingjawn100 wrote:Random question...if it comes to down to extending Willie or throwing a ton of money at Julius Randle which would you guys prefer?

Their numbers offensively are pretty similar with Randle being slightly better while WCS, despite his limitations, is the better defensive player. To me if those are really the 2 options id rather stick with the guy we drafted and hope he continues to develop. If it's basically a lateral move then why do it

I'm of the mode to throw out whatever it takes for Aaron Gordon and if it doesn't work get low level free agents to backup our young guys.

They are two different players. I think Randle fits with the Kings, but WCS does as well. Willie brings defensive versatility (when locked in) and insane lob catching ability on offense. Randle brings scoring, (a lot) better rebounding and passing. I’d prefer Willie in this situation. He brings defense that the team lacks. Randle may fit in Joerger’s offensive system better, but I think Willie’s defense is a lot better.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#340 » by codydaze » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:49 pm

kingjawn100 wrote:Random question...if it comes to down to extending Willie or throwing a ton of money at Julius Randle which would you guys prefer?

I'm not a fan of Randle so I wouldn't wanna pay a premium for him. If they each come at the same cost, I go with Willie every time. I'd like to throw an offer at Gordon and see what happens, force Orlando's hand. Granted, that depends on what we do in the draft. If we go Ayton or someone like JJJ, I wouldn't pursure Gordon.

Return to Sacramento Kings