Future Roster: A Vlade Divac project

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Future Roster: A Vlade Divac project 

Post#61 » by City of Trees » Fri Mar 2, 2018 4:14 pm

Wasn't it Larry Bird who called WCS a $100M player?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 603

Post#62 » by madskillz8 » Mon Mar 5, 2018 3:58 pm

I am more than happy with Fox/Bogdan/Hield backcourt for next couple of years. As a fan who had watched more than 40 games this year, not really sure about our plans for the rest of the squad.

I like WCS, he add a decent midrange shoot to his game but still cannot finish around the rim except dunks, and not a plus rebounder. He might be second big in the starting lineup or the first big coming of bench with low offensive usage but more hustle and under the rim presence. Moreover he's setting good screens and being rewarded by Bogdan as a result. If Fox learns to play with pick efficiently, his role would be higher for the Kings offense since WCS is showing signs to be a very good midrange jumper for a big.
I am still high on Skal even though he's not a Joerger favorite. He can stretch the floor and grab more rebounds than WCS even with his very thin frame. My projection of him to a complementary stretch big, however he has a skillset to be very good player.

What's left? Jackson, Mason and Giles.

I really like Jackson pre-draft but he somehow disappoint me. He started playing like a 19 years old freshman even though he drafted as ready to contribute based on his accomplishments. You can argue he's doing fine after inserted into starting five. But my eye test fails to see his impact on court on defense or offense, if any. I will wait for the remaining games to evaluate him for his future role on Kings.

Frank Mason is doing what he is expected. Pushing the ball and generating an offense with his high tempo play. He's a very gifted offensive player just like IT, but the Mason is putting an enormous effort on defensive side as well. He would be very good fit for our backcourt trio, if Fox,Bogdan and Hield would be better individual defenders even a little.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#63 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Mar 5, 2018 8:37 pm

madskillz8 wrote:I am more than happy with Fox/Bogdan/Hield backcourt for next couple of years. As a fan who had watched more than 40 games this year, not really sure about our plans for the rest of the squad.

I like WCS, he add a decent midrange shoot to his game but still cannot finish around the rim except dunks, and not a plus rebounder. He might be second big in the starting lineup or the first big coming of bench with low offensive usage but more hustle and under the rim presence. Moreover he's setting good screens and being rewarded by Bogdan as a result. If Fox learns to play with pick efficiently, his role would be higher for the Kings offense since WCS is showing signs to be a very good midrange jumper for a big.
I am still high on Skal even though he's not a Joerger favorite. He can stretch the floor and grab more rebounds than WCS even with his very thin frame. My projection of him to a complementary stretch big, however he has a skillset to be very good player.

What's left? Jackson, Mason and Giles.

I really like Jackson pre-draft but he somehow disappoint me. He started playing like a 19 years old freshman even though he drafted as ready to contribute based on his accomplishments. You can argue he's doing fine after inserted into starting five. But my eye test fails to see his impact on court on defense or offense, if any. I will wait for the remaining games to evaluate him for his future role on Kings.

Frank Mason is doing what he is expected. Pushing the ball and generating an offense with his high tempo play. He's a very gifted offensive player just like IT, but the Mason is putting an enormous effort on defensive side as well. He would be very good fit for our backcourt trio, if Fox,Bogdan and Hield would be better individual defenders even a little.

I don't understand Jackson starting over Hield, but he is hustling defensively. The teams defensive system is so flawed that it's hard to even get a grasp on what players are capable of defensively. We've seen near lockdown performances from some players individually, but then teams start to dissect the Kings at their weakest points in help positions.

I think Mason is the odd man out in that trio as he's playing now. Mason is having a somewhat ineffective year as a scorer and as I mentioned in another thread is toeing the line of a stubby volume guy which is not what you want around those 3. Mason could fit if he starts to pass a little more, play a little more off the ball, and be the hustle player he's shown flashes of. Being Kemba light isn't what's needed at that backup PG with them running more and more plays through Bogdan.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#64 » by pepe1991 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 10:10 am

Divac will offer Hezonja nice deal, it's a done deal at this moment. Pretty much everybody in Croatia and Serbia knows that.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zelenooq
Pro Prospect
And1: 252

Post#65 » by zelenooq » Tue Mar 6, 2018 12:32 pm

supermariohezonja: Brat moj najveći! @bogdanbogdanovic

It means : Brat moj najveći! = My greatest brother!
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#66 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 8:36 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Divac will offer Hezonja nice deal, it's a done deal at this moment. Pretty much everybody in Croatia and Serbia knows that.

So if that is true you have to think that Doncic isn't in the plans...

OR

is a backup plan...

OR

do we think that those two can play on the same team?

They are almost identical in size. Doncic is a better facilitator and has a better chance to get stronger since he is only 19 and Hez is 24 iirc.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#67 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Mar 6, 2018 10:00 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Divac will offer Hezonja nice deal, it's a done deal at this moment. Pretty much everybody in Croatia and Serbia knows that.

Could be why we saw the subtle wish hint from the Kings through the media about Temple opting out. :lol:
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#68 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Mar 6, 2018 10:09 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:

OR

is a backup plan...

OR

They are almost identical in size. Doncic is a better facilitator and has a better chance to get stronger since he is only 19 and Hez is 24 iirc.

Then again if they drafted Doncic maybe they look to move Fox in a package and go big with Doncic, Hezonja, and Bogdan in a positionless combination. Maybe even keep Fox, Hezonja has had some of his bigger moments as a small ball PF this year from when I watched him. If Vlade wants Hezonja he better hope he stays under the radar because he's started to turn some heads lately.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#69 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 11:21 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

OR

is a backup plan...

OR

Then again if they drafted Doncic maybe they look to move Fox in a package and go big with Doncic, Hezonja, and Bogdan in a positionless combination. Maybe even keep Fox, Hezonja has had some of his bigger moments as a small ball PF this year from when I watched him. If Vlade wants Hezonja he better hope he stays under the radar because he's started to turn some heads lately.

I don't think Vlad has anything to worry about in the money wise. We are gonna have the money to bring in one high priced FA this year for sure. I think no matter what the real threat is gonna be the Magic because they can pay him more than anyone else. But they have 3 reasons to not pull the trigger.

1. They have Simmons starting at the SF spot now and Fournier at the 2. If they give Hez a big payday it's to start so that would be saying that either Simmons was a place holder or they made a mistake signing Fournier.

2. Even if they can get past the Simmons part, they drafted Issac to play the stretch wing position in the future. So Hez may be blocked by other players anyway you slice it.

3. Lastly they have Gordan to sign as well. Signing them both puts them over the cap but not over the luxury line. I don't know if they thing that team is final setup they want.

Now about the possibility of having an all euro back court and wing, I actually like it. I like it a lot more if Doncic can guard the better athletes in the league pretty quickly. One thing's for sure, they would be fun to watch. It would be beautiful basketball. It would have that basketball purist feel you get from watching old Wooden era UCLA because of how the euro players learn to play the game and how different the development is of top level guys from over there as opposed top level one and done kids form the states.

I'm not for moving Fox though unless this lineup really moves him away from 28-30mins a night. I think that is the point where a guy like him would get frustrated. He may not cause trouble but I think it would mess with the development of a player of his level.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#70 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 11:25 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:

Could be why we saw the subtle wish hint from the Kings through the media about Temple opting out. :lol:

Hell, if it works do it again next month and make Shump the focus. We may have a strategy to get rid of some unwanted weight! :nod:
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#71 » by JohnWillow » Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:26 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:

OR

is a backup plan...

OR

At the wing, we only have Jackon who will be under contract next season, I think both (Doncic and Hezonja) can be a part of the future.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Re: RE: Re: Future Roster: A Vlade Divac project 

Post#72 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:12 am

JohnWillow wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

OR

is a backup plan...

OR

At the wing, we only have Jackon who will be under contract next season, I think both (Doncic and Hezonja) can be a part of the future.

Of course they could but in terms of building a team for the future it is a valid concern. Doncic and Hez play differently but both are built very similar, 6'8 215. Like Sackingzzz said they could make it work but drafting one guy in the top 5 and signing the other to a big money deal is something that would at least raise eyebrows.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#73 » by OhioKingsFan » Wed Mar 7, 2018 3:49 am

FWIW - I see Doncic as a 2/3, but Hezonja as a 3/4. Similar, but not entirely overlapping.
Incognito76
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#74 » by Incognito76 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:28 pm

Magic can offer Mario salary starting at 5.2 mil at most as they refused his 4th year option, but is playing better than Gordon who will get 20 mil or more this summer. He is unrestricted FA. I think Mario to Kings is done deal, he is good freinds with Bogdanovic and I read that his family knows Stojakovic as they share agent (or somehow else not sure). Also Magic has to many players before him at 2/3/4 who play worse then him but have to have playing time as they are paid more.

I think something like 4/32mil could get it done. Also he just turned 23 like 10 days ago so he would fit well with young players of Kings.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#75 » by kalenclayton » Wed Mar 7, 2018 5:19 pm

Incognito76 wrote:Magic can offer Mario salary starting at 5.2 mil at most as they refused his 4th year option, but is playing better than Gordon who will get 20 mil or more this summer. He is unrestricted FA. I think Mario to Kings is done deal, he is good freinds with Bogdanovic and I read that his family knows Stojakovic as they share agent (or somehow else not sure). Also Magic has to many players before him at 2/3/4 who play worse then him but have to have playing time as they are paid more.

I think something like 4/32mil could get it done. Also he just turned 23 like 10 days ago so he would fit well with young players of Kings.

I love the fit and am really rooting for this to happen. He’s the type of reclamation project we need. I’m a little worried about giving him four years though.
madskillz8
Senior

Post#76 » by madskillz8 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 5:20 pm

Incognito76 wrote:Magic can offer Mario salary starting at 5.2 mil at most as they refused his 4th year option, but is playing better than Gordon who will get 20 mil or more this summer. He is unrestricted FA. I think Mario to Kings is done deal, he is good freinds with Bogdanovic and I read that his family knows Stojakovic as they share agent (or somehow else not sure). Also Magic has to many players before him at 2/3/4 who play worse then him but have to have playing time as they are paid more.

There would not be many teams with a cap-space this summer and it seems like Hezonja is willing to play for Kings. This suggests me that 4/32 would be bidding against ourselves. I know he's a young, athletic 6'8 forward who can knock down threes and likes to drive to rim with his quick first step. At the same time he does not look like self-motivated and needs to be pushed which is a major concern for a long contract.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#77 » by City of Trees » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:10 pm

OhioKingsFan wrote:FWIW - I see Doncic as a 2/3, but Hezonja as a 3/4. Similar, but not entirely overlapping.

IMO Bogi and Doncic are the same player. Only difference is age/size/length

benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#78 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:14 pm

City of Trees wrote:
OhioKingsFan wrote:FWIW - I see Doncic as a 2/3, but Hezonja as a 3/4. Similar, but not entirely overlapping.

The question is do you think they'd fit together on the court?
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
madskillz8
Senior

Post#79 » by madskillz8 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:28 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

The question is do you think they'd fit together on the court?

I also think their skillset overlaps. Fox/Bogdan/Doncic is an awful fit.

Doncic is only effective when he has the ball. He's like Lamar Odom with less athleticism but a better court vision. On the other hand Bogdan's biggest advantage is his offensive versatility: you can somehow replace his shooting, you can replace his pick and role play, but only with two players. Drafting Doncic means getting the ball from hands of Bogdan and Fox more. Does it worth? I dont think so. :roll:
Incognito76
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#80 » by Incognito76 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:33 pm

madskillz8 wrote:

There would not be many teams with a cap-space this summer and it seems like Hezonja is willing to play for Kings. This suggests me that 4/32 would be bidding against ourselves. I know he's a young, athletic 6'8 forward who can knock down threes and likes to drive to rim with his quick first step. At the same time he does not look like self-motivated and needs to be pushed which is a major concern for a long contract.

Every team has MLE of 8,6 mil. No cap space needed.

Return to Sacramento Kings