Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 59: Los Angeles Lakers (24-34) @ Sacramento Kings (18-40) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:36 pm

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Game 59: Los Angeles Lakers (24-34) @ Sacramento Kings (18-40) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by City of Trees » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:06 am

Kuzma thinks he is a Star.

He is not.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: Game 59: Los Angeles Lakers (24-34) @ Sacramento Kings (18-40) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:28 am

WCS shoes look like slides

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:35 am

So what happened to aggressive Fox?

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:36 am

Zbo is an open door on defense. Brook Lopez pump faked a 3 and ran right past Zbo for a layup. The layup was missed but the fact Lopez is able to run circles around you is sad.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:04 am

Temple is having a rough game.

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 am

Happy at least Skal got 25 minutes, and Fox/WCS/Bogdan/Hield all had 30 plus.

AND none of Randolph,Temple,Koufos,Vince had 20+ minutes! Thats a first for the season.

Id like to see coach go back to his 2 of the vets are getting rest every game of this last 20 or so games. play one of temple or vince and one of Koufos or Randolph. Maybe let Jakar or Bruno get some minutes at the 4 instead.

Doubt it but a man can hope!
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,406

Post#8 » by Revived » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:55 am

City of Trees wrote:So what happened to aggressive Fox?

Just been an off month for him. For February he's averaging 40% FG, 20% 3pt FG and averages 2.5 turnovers a game while only averaging 5 assists a game.

He may be hitting the rookie wall, hopefully he gets out of this slump soon.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#9 » by kalenclayton » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Revived wrote:

Just been an off month for him. For February he's averaging 40% FG, 20% 3pt FG and averages 2.5 turnovers a game while only averaging 5 assists a game.

He looked exhausted too. His eyes were pretty droopy. It could’ve been the “pink eye” he was out with in the OKC game. Maybe?
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#10 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm on the fence because I'm ready to starting seeing that end of game unit (Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, Skal, and Willie) full time, and they are ready too. The issue is it might screw up the draft pick a bit. :lol:
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#11 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:26 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
Revived wrote:

He looked exhausted too. His eyes were pretty droopy. It could’ve been the “pink eye” he was out with in the OKC game. Maybe?

Hopefully that cut didn't get infected.
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#12 » by kingjawn100 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 pm

*one of the best developments from last night: Bogi is starting to realize that he's the best player on the team. 15 field goal attempts in 3 of our last 4 games. Compare that to how much he deferred to teammates at the start of the year.

*Is anyone else a little skeptical of the general consensus that Fox will become a star? His reluctance to penetrate/inability to finish at the rim is even more concerning to me than his shooting. i know its an unpopular opinion and everyone loves the kid but i can't say for sure he's even a starter in a few years.

*Following up on the "Fools Gold" topic, don't take too much from Skal and Willie's performances last night. We played a relatively meaningless game for both teams last night and suddenly Willie knows how to rebound? Too much of a coincidence.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#13 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:27 am

kingjawn100 wrote:*one of the best developments from last night: Bogi is starting to realize that he's the best player on the team. 15 field goal attempts in 3 of our last 4 games. Compare that to how much he deferred to teammates at the start of the year.

*Is anyone else a little skeptical of the general consensus that Fox will become a star? His reluctance to penetrate/inability to finish at the rim is even more concerning to me than his shooting. i know its an unpopular opinion and everyone loves the kid but i can't say for sure he's even a starter in a few years.

*Following up on the "Fools Gold" topic, don't take too much from Skal and Willie's performances last night. We played a relatively meaningless game for both teams last night and suddenly Willie knows how to rebound? Too much of a coincidence.

It depends on how you define that, he's the most complete but I don't think he's a player you gear your shots to. I think he's a great glue guy and looking to create for others is a big part of what makes him a great fit. I think when you watch them in a position to score it's clear that Skal and Buddy are probably your highest potential shot munchers because of their ability to score from such a wide area on the floor. Skal is still pretty raw though. Buddy in particular has that explosion potential that has already gotten this team back into games at various times even in his limited role. Buddy and Bogdan look really good together and last night you saw that they are the best bets to put this team in a position to compete from a talent perspective right now. If I had to compare who Buddy and Bogdan are with this team I'd say it's like Peja and Hedo. Peja was the player who could get you that 20-25 a game, but Hedo did a bit of everything.

Fox is still young and his shooting is coming along nicely, if he gets that down it will be up to his role as to what level he gets to. I still think if he hits his ceiling defensively his impact will be felt much higher than how many points or assists he gives you which always how stars are defined.

I don't think it was a meaningless game for Skal. He's showing his toughness IMO. He's been out and when not he's been jerked around the rotation left and right. He's a lot tougher than he looks. He's takes it in stride. A lot of other players would have folded already.
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#14 » by kingjawn100 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:50 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
kingjawn100 wrote:*one of the best developments from last night: Bogi is starting to realize that he's the best player on the team. 15 field goal attempts in 3 of our last 4 games. Compare that to how much he deferred to teammates at the start of the year.

It depends on how you define that, he's the most complete but I don't think he's a player you gear your shots to. I think he's a great glue guy and looking to create for others is a big part of what makes him a great fit. I think when you watch them in a position to score it's clear that Skal and Buddy are probably your highest potential shot munchers because of their ability to score from such a wide area on the floor. Skal is still pretty raw though. Buddy in particular has that explosion potential that has already gotten this team back into games at various times even in his limited role. Buddy and Bogdan look really good together and last night you saw that they are the best bets to put this team in a position to compete from a talent perspective right now. If I had to compare who Buddy and Bogdan are with this team I'd say it's like Peja and Hedo. Peja was the player who could get you that 20-25 a game, but Hedo did a bit of everything.

Fox is still young and his shooting is coming along nicely, if he gets that down it will be up to his role as to what level he gets to. I still think if he hits his ceiling defensively his impact will be felt much higher than how many points or assists he gives you which always how stars are defined.

I don't think it was a meaningless game for Skal. He's showing his toughness IMO. He's been out and when not he's been jerked around the rotation left and right. He's a lot tougher than he looks. He's takes it in stride. A lot of other players would have folded already.

Lol...so a lot of other players would have folded/quit playing basketball if they had their minutes limited over the course of 1 season? I think you're giving Skal a little too much credit.

People need to look at the state of our roster a little more objectively. We have 3-4 players in our rotation (including skal) who probably wouldn't even make the roster of some of the better teams in this league.The Kings aren't a player or 2 away from being a title contender. The Kings aren't a couple years of young player development away from being a title contender. On the next Kings playoff team, the best 2 or 3 players probably aren't on the roster yet.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#15 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 pm

kingjawn100 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Lol...so a lot of other players would have folded/quit playing basketball if they had their minutes limited over the course of 1 season? I think you're giving Skal a little too much credit.

People need to look at the state of our roster a little more objectively. We have 3-4 players in our rotation (including skal) who probably wouldn't even make the roster of some of the better teams in this league.The Kings aren't a player or 2 away from being a title contender. The Kings aren't a couple years of young player development away from being a title contender. On the next Kings playoff team, the best 2 or 3 players probably aren't on the roster yet.

Yep, the Kings have had some of them in fact. I wouldn't say quit but they certainly appeared to shrink. The energy eventually dissipated with a player like TRob who was in a similar position role wise. Skal still comes in with some swagger when he does play.

It's possible they aren't on the team but I also don't think they've committed enough in the young guys to know for sure yet. Bogdan and Buddy are already starting to stick out among their contemporaries. Same with Fox. That's a good sign. Now I'd like them to get the same chance to shine as some of those contemporaries. This is the part of the season where you gather real time development information. I hope they don't waste that chance.

Return to Sacramento Kings