benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: Game 71: Sacramento Kings (23-47) @ Utah Jazz (39-30) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#21 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:54 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
A lot more than nothing? Bogdan sat for 12 straight game minutes while Buddy was balling, then he comes in totally cold with 3 minutes left in the game. That's not workable in any scenario and it's happened more than once to both Bogdan and Buddy this year.

There could be issues, in fact, there could be major issues and that's why I think it's best to find that out now considering there is little short term gains otherwise to made at this point.

Last game BB left the floor because he was having a crap game. It workable to take a player off the floor when they are having an off night.

We can find out about Buddy and BBs wing defense without them being on the floor together.

It's happened more than once, and I've seen plenty of players have off games then get the chance to work through it and take their team to victory. There is no way to explain a player having an off game, taking them out for such and extended period of time, then re-inserting them into the game that late. Memphis fans had the same issues with it IIRC, I can see why. If the idea is that Buddy can Bogdan can't, or won't play together, then this won't work long term.

And I seen plenty of time when a player is having an off game and is taken out and the TEAM benefits from the sub and the rest of the players making a run and ultimately winning the game. Get out of here with that line of reasoning.

BB is a great player and he has had good and bad days just like anyone. Sometime he is left to work thru it and other it's decided to give someone else a chance, maybe not because they are a better player but because the coach is looking for a spark or a focus he isn't getting from the lineup out there. BB was put back in because he is part of the closing/best offensive unit. Yes, there is a such thing as rhythm and rust but players also have to learn to work past those thing that are mostly psychological.

You're inferring too much now on the Buddy and BB together issue that you harp on constantly.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#22 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:56 pm

Read on Twitter
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#23 » by kalenclayton » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That’s a pretty good thing because this is a winnable game. Oh heck, I bet you this is Buddy’s breakout game. Going for 40.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#24 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
Last game BB left the floor because he was having a crap game. It workable to take a player off the floor when they are having an off night.

We can find out about Buddy and BBs wing defense without them being on the floor together.

It's happened more than once, and I've seen plenty of players have off games then get the chance to work through it and take their team to victory. There is no way to explain a player having an off game, taking them out for such and extended period of time, then re-inserting them into the game that late. Memphis fans had the same issues with it IIRC, I can see why. If the idea is that Buddy can Bogdan can't, or won't play together, then this won't work long term.

And I seen plenty of time when a player is having an off game and is taken out and the TEAM benefits from the sub and the rest of the players making a run and ultimately winning the game. Get out of here with that line of reasoning.

BB is a great player and he has had good and bad days just like anyone. Sometime he is left to work thru it and other it's decided to give someone else a chance, maybe not because they are a better player but because the coach is looking for a spark or a focus he isn't getting from the lineup out there. BB was put back in because he is part of the closing/best offensive unit. Yes, there is a such thing as rhythm and rust but players also have to learn to work past those thing that are mostly psychological.

You're inferring too much now on the Buddy and BB together issue that you harp on constantly.

But one of their key players? Good luck finding many occasions of a coach doing that as many times as Joerger has. I'm fine with him putting him back in, there is no way to justify taking a player out for that long then putting them back in at the most critical part of the game. You can continue to search and search, but you won't find common sense reasoning. It's funny, not that it has anything to do with Bogdan being out but I was going to post about how when you use that kind of pattern you also risk injury as I've brought up before.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#25 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:04 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

But one of their key players? Good luck finding many occasions of a coach doing that as many times as Joerger has. I'm fine with him putting him back in, there is no way to justify taking a player out for that long then putting them back in at the most critical part of the game. You can continue to search and search, but you won't find common sense reasoning.

I'm not going to look for other coaching cases because I know it's far more common than you let on. Not worth the research and time and back and forth that will change nothing.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#26 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:06 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

It's funny, not that it has anything to do with Bogdan being out but I was going to post about how when you use that kind of pattern you also risk injury as I've brought up before.

Or just maybe his poor play had to to with him not being 100% on that hammy to start with. He say that he can play thru it but it turns out it rest is called for.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#27 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:13 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

It's funny, not that it has anything to do with Bogdan being out but I was going to post about how when you use that kind of pattern you also risk injury as I've brought up before.

Or just maybe his poor play had to to with him not being 100% on that hammy to start with. He say that he can play thru it but it turns out it rest is called for.

And I infer? :lol:

It's totally possible. He's had a long year of basketball.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#28 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:50 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

And I infer? :lol:

It's totally possible. He's had a long year of basketball.

See how it sounds.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Sacramento Kings