ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings Off-Season

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1181 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 pm

kingjawn100 wrote:Just as i was ripping the Kings for doing a favor to Scott Perry and letting him go with little compensation last summer they go and seemingly do the same thing with Temple! If there is no other move to follow this is just awful. We strikeout over and over trying to find a capable free agent small forward and then trade off the one guy on our own roster who could help fill the void? Just doesn't make sense. Was Justin Jackson's summer league performance that inspiring that they just decided to gift wrap him the starting spot with no competition? There has to be something else coming ...right??!!

They got a young prospect, cash, and a future 2nd. That's probably the best you can get for a good, albeit slightly overpaid and underused veteran like Temple.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1182 » by City of Trees » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Shumpert training in the post. Who needs an SF?

Read on Twitter

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#1183 » by kingjawn100 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:49 pm

i wouldn't mind seeing Shump compete with Mason for the backup PG job. He's never been a high assist guy but he has played the point before and can certainly guard 1 thru 3. I look at Mason more as a 3rd PG/career journeyman type. Shump at this point is the best defensive player on the team so you'd like to have him on the court as much as possible.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1184 » by City of Trees » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:27 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
kingjawn100 wrote:Just as i was ripping the Kings for doing a favor to Scott Perry and letting him go with little compensation last summer they go and seemingly do the same thing with Temple! If there is no other move to follow this is just awful. We strikeout over and over trying to find a capable free agent small forward and then trade off the one guy on our own roster who could help fill the void? Just doesn't make sense. Was Justin Jackson's summer league performance that inspiring that they just decided to gift wrap him the starting spot with no competition? There has to be something else coming ...right??!!

They got a young prospect, cash, and a future 2nd. That's probably the best you can get for a good, albeit slightly overpaid and underused veteran like Temple.
Exactly.

Anyone Who cant see that is blinded by previous frustrations.

dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#1185 » by dozencousins » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:58 pm

City of Trees wrote:
dozencousins wrote: Unlike many on the board I do not post nearly as often as most . I am way to busy between my business , family life and I have many important people that are disabled and ill so I just do not have time
In my eight or nine years on this board I've never muted a poster until now.

97% of the info you've posted on behalf of your source never happens anyways so im sure I wont miss much.

Good luck with your busy life.

That is fine . Most all you say & call me say stuff that is lame anyways so I ignore what you guys say as well .

Keep on moving do not respond to me & I will not respond to you . It's that easy .
kingjawn100
Senior

Post#1186 » by kingjawn100 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:54 pm

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Exactly.

Ok...wow what a steal for Sac! Essentially cash and a future 2nd rounder for a guy who could have started for the Kings next year and was said to be the most influential voice in the locker room.

Why trade Temple in the first place? Is the point to give Justin Jackson more minutes? Were they that floored by him in summer league? The move more than anything was a courtesy to Temple which shouldn't excite any kings fan.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#1187 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 pm

kingjawn100 wrote:i wouldn't mind seeing Shump compete with Mason for the backup PG job. He's never been a high assist guy but he has played the point before and can certainly guard 1 thru 3. I look at Mason more as a 3rd PG/career journeyman type. Shump at this point is the best defensive player on the team so you'd like to have him on the court as much as possible.

This is likely just semantics but I would hope that Bogdan is our backup "PG" i.e. either him or Fox are initiating the offense 48 minutes a game. I look at Mason as the third string ball handler and under no circumstances should Shumpert be playing PG.

We continue to have a log-jam upfront and a glaring hole at SF (gee I wonder which wings were available to draft at the two spot) that seems like it will never be filled with a bona fide starter considering how in-demand that position is these days.

Based on this move it seems like we are going to start Bogdan as a SF. I feel pretty bad for him, he's a good defender but he is not going to be able to guard that position night-in night-out.

kingjawn100 wrote:Ok...wow what a steal for Sac! Essentially cash and a future 2nd rounder for a guy who could have started for the Kings next year and was said to be the most influential voice in the locker room.

Why trade Temple in the first place? Is the point to give Justin Jackson more minutes? Were they that floored by him in summer league? The move more than anything was a courtesy to Temple which shouldn't excite any kings fan.

This move cracks me up. At least it exposes the false narrative that was being pushed over the last year, that they supposedly wanted to bring in veterans to "mentor" our young guys. The real answer here: the front office is completely inept and has no discernible long-term plan or strategy. Long overdue in calling a spade a spade.

But hey, I'll keep watching in despair. Its part of being a King's fan right?
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#1188 » by bleeds_purple » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:08 am

blind prophet wrote:You guys noticing cash considerations seems to appear in every trade we do?

I read something a year or so ago that we are one of the more profitable franchises. All of our decisions would actually make sense if it was true that Vivek's plan was just to continually run out a salary floor team and collect shared revenue checks every year. This also comports with the city paying a large chunk of the new arena constructions costs which, as we know these days, is never a sound investment for the municipality.
kingjawn100
Senior

Post#1189 » by kingjawn100 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:17 am

bleeds_purple wrote:
kingjawn100 wrote:i wouldn't mind seeing Shump compete with Mason for the backup PG job. He's never been a high assist guy but he has played the point before and can certainly guard 1 thru 3. I look at Mason more as a 3rd PG/career journeyman type. Shump at this point is the best defensive player on the team so you'd like to have him on the court as much as possible.

This is likely just semantics but I would hope that Bogdan is our backup "PG" i.e. either him or Fox are initiating the offense 48 minutes a game. I look at Mason as the third string ball handler and under no circumstances should Shumpert be playing PG.

We continue to have a log-jam upfront and a glaring hole at SF (gee I wonder which wings were available to draft at the two spot) that seems like it will never be filled with a bona fide starter considering how in-demand that position is these days.

Based on this move it seems like we are going to start Bogdan as a SF. I feel pretty bad for him, he's a good defender but he is not going to be able to guard that position night-in night-out.

kingjawn100 wrote:Ok...wow what a steal for Sac! Essentially cash and a future 2nd rounder for a guy who could have started for the Kings next year and was said to be the most influential voice in the locker room.

This move cracks me up. At least it exposes the false narrative that was being pushed over the last year, that they supposedly wanted to bring in veterans to "mentor" our young guys. The real answer here: the front office is completely inept and has no discernible long-term plan or strategy. Long overdue in calling a spade a spade.

But hey, I'll keep watching in despair. Its part of being a King's fan right?

The one thing ill say for this front office....it's one of the tougher jobs in all of sports because of the perception of the kings left by past regimes. Trying to repair relationships with agents/agencies and other teams is a tough task and something that no other team really has to deal with.

I think that is a contributing factor to some of these "good will" deals that we've seen them do the last couple years. Given the power of agents these days its something that could have a long term benefit.

All of this plus the fact that players generally don't want to live in Sacramento makes the job of this front office much different than other teams.

That being said, when vlade got the job it sounded like he was completely unqualified and unprepared for the role. It's concerning that ownership would give a guy that sort of responsibility.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#1190 » by LakersSoul » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:

Great job unloading an average vet sg for promising center in Davis, $1.5 million cash and a future 2nd.
Under the radar move but kind of impressive.

You guys need an analytics guy and a better draft team but I do like some of these moves.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1191 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 am

kingjawn100 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Exactly.

Ok...wow what a steal for Sac! Essentially cash and a future 2nd rounder for a guy who could have started for the Kings next year and was said to be the most influential voice in the locker room.

Him potentially starting is the main reason I'm OK with this deal. It gives Dave Joerger one less option to fall back on and continue the snails pace to improvement. Any of the veterans being a part of of the rotation next year is a ridiculous notion with where the Kings are at currently.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1192 » by City of Trees » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:44 am

kingjawn100 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Exactly.

You're right this move isnt exciting it was quite boring. But boring trades can still be good trades.

Kings added:

-Future pick
-Potentially opened 2 more roster spots for larger cap space trade
-Gained $1M in cap space
-Relieved the logjam pressure at SG

Kings lost:

-Mentor
-Locker room leader

Losing your locker room leader can be challenging. Probably best the young guys face this challenge with some of the expiring vets still on the roster.

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,566

Post#1193 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:05 am

Is there anyway Deyonta makes the roster? Hes an exciting prospect, only 21 but looks long and athletic. From what I've seen he can also step out and hit the midrange.

I wouldn't mind trying to salvage some sort of value out of WCS while getting rid of Randolph and rolling into next season with

Giles/Davis/Koufos
Bagley/Skal

Id say Davis is worth a look.

Does anyone know why he fell so far? From the mocks i've seen he was a projected top 10 pick?
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#1194 » by Sactowndog » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:35 am

Blazers waive PappaG. Go for it Vlade!
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#1195 » by kalenclayton » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:41 am

Sactowndog wrote:Blazers waive PappaG. Go for it Vlade!

He’s already heading back to Europe.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1196 » by Sactowndog » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:42 am

City of Trees wrote:
kingjawn100 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Exactly.

You're right this move isnt exciting it was quite boring. But boring trades can still be good trades.

Kings added:

-Future pick
-Gained $1M in cap space

Kings lost:

-Mentor
-Locker room leader
-2nd highest percentage 3 point shooter
-Best perimeter defender

Losing your locker room leader and kep perimeter wing can be challenging. Probably best the young guys face this challenge with some of the expiring vets still on the roster.

Fixed it for you.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1197 » by City of Trees » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:49 am

Sactowndog wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
kingjawn100 wrote:

Kings added:

-Future pick
-Gained $1M in cap space

Kings lost:

-Mentor
-Locker room leader
-2nd highest percentage 3 point shooter
-Best perimeter defender

Losing your locker room leader and kep perimeter wing can be challenging. Probably best the young guys face this challenge with some of the expiring vets still on the roster.

Fixed it for you.
Temple's replacement, Bogdan, wins the % tiebreaker. Took more 3 pointers than Temple.

LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1198 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:33 am

Seriously shocked anyone is mad about this. If you are then I think you are just lookingfor a reason to be negative
NatiboyB
Rookie
And1: 389

Post#1199 » by NatiboyB » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:38 am

Just curious if this trade is setting the tone for the Kings to offer Marcus Smart a contract?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1200 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:57 am

Just got excited reading Grant's twitter. Basically said kings made it clear temple wouldnt get any minutes if he opted in. I wonder if that's the case with koufos/Randolph as well! One man can hope.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Sacramento Kings