Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1141 » by Sactowndog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:51 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Parker has now signed with the Bulls 2 years 40 million 2nd year team option. The Bulls now have 40 million tied up to non defensive score first guys with ACL issues. Glad we got neither of those guys.

Still holding out hope for Nwaba or Smart!

Smart makes so much sense for this team. It needs to happen. Doing a S&T of Mason and Skal for Smart ($50/4) makes sense for both teams.

I don't think we need to offer that.

Personally Id rather offer them Temple. Expiring contract and can kind of fill that Smart role for them. Id offer him that 4/50 and then if they match turn my attention to Nwaba. I think they are pretty similar, Nwaba is longer, Smart is the better playmaker.

Boston will match anything up to 15M a year.
Sactowndog

Post#1142 » by Sactowndog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:01 am

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
sixers238 wrote:
Sixers fan here, like to follow the Kings. Are you an insider on this board? Are you able to share more about Kawhi and the Sixers? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure anyone knows what vlade is thinking. He talks about wanting to take on bad contracts for picks, yet we watch as Brooklyn and philly do the moves we should have. And instead of getting in those moves we throw a huge contract at lavine.

We need a small forward but aside from herzonja we haven't been linked to one.

We are linked to smart, and then we refute that.

The hope is we get in some trade at some point while using our cap for assets or a small forward. I wouldnt be surprised to see us throw Skal or WCS for Covington if the opportunity arises in a 3 way trade.

The small forward thing is your personal perception. I’ve been waiting for Buddy/Bogdan to start for awhile but Jackson looked good in SL and looks on pace to being a solid player

Jackson shot 31.9% from 3 in summer league. Hard to imagine he shoots at a higher rate in the regular NBA season. You can’t be a 3 and D type player when you shoot at that percent.

Jackson is a great kid and I want him to do well but he’s not projecting to be a solid player with that 3 point shooting percent.
Sactowndog

Re: RE: Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1143 » by Sactowndog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:06 am

Call Me Geoff wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
dozencousins wrote: Unlike many on the board I do not post nearly as often as most . I am way to busy between my business , family life and I have many important people that are disabled and ill so I just do not have time
In my eight or nine years on this board I've never muted a poster until now.

97% of the info you've posted on behalf of your source never happens anyways so im sure I wont miss much.

Good luck with your busy life.

97%? I’d say more like 99.9%.

Really it’s pretty simple to just ignore versus being petty. If you have data to refute it than do so.
Sactowndog

Post#1144 » by Sactowndog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:19 am

kingjawn100 wrote:At this point is anyone still downplaying the importance of the loss of Scott Perry? I mean, i still don't understand it. For a bit that looked like our gateway out of misery. Not stars but somehow decent free agents were interested in playing for the kings. Then we let him out of his contract with little compensation to join another team?! And now we cant get even mid level free agents to seriously consider joining the team (they are actually signing worse contracts to play elsewhere).

Vlade should have done everything possible to figure out a way for Perry to get a major raise/job title upgrade for him to stay. And honestly Vivek should have looked at the situation and said "who would i have more confidence in running this organization...Vlade or Perry?" and then promptly fired or re-assigned vlade.

The Kings are a team that will NEVER lure good free agents without having someone with credibility in the organization. For the first time in as long as i can remember we had that guy....then let him go! Inexcusable

I tend to agree here but Vlade and Perry didn’t appear to be on the same page. Hill was told we were looking to win now then he was put on the bench. That stuff just adds to the Kings reputation of dysfunction.

I think we have 3 solid players in Bogdan, Boogie and Giles. Fox, Jackson, Bagley and Mason are all maybes. They have to show real improvement this year. They have athletic ability to do so but sometimes that ability isn’t enough. It’s most critical for the second year guys: Fox, Jackson and Mason.

If they do improve the Kings will have a good base to sell and Vlade’s reputation will rise.

If they don’t improve it will be imperative and harder to sign free agents. The Kings should have a contingency plan in place to move quickly if they don’t think Vlade can be trusted to sign free agents next summer in this environment.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#1145 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:53 am

Sactowndog wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Smart makes so much sense for this team. It needs to happen. Doing a S&T of Mason and Skal for Smart ($50/4) makes sense for both teams.

I don't think we need to offer that.

Personally Id rather offer them Temple. Expiring contract and can kind of fill that Smart role for them. Id offer him that 4/50 and then if they match turn my attention to Nwaba. I think they are pretty similar, Nwaba is longer, Smart is the better playmaker.

Boston will match anything up to 15M a year.

Source?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1146 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:54 am

Sactowndog wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
I'm not sure anyone knows what vlade is thinking. He talks about wanting to take on bad contracts for picks, yet we watch as Brooklyn and philly do the moves we should have. And instead of getting in those moves we throw a huge contract at lavine.

We need a small forward but aside from herzonja we haven't been linked to one.

We are linked to smart, and then we refute that.

The hope is we get in some trade at some point while using our cap for assets or a small forward. I wouldnt be surprised to see us throw Skal or WCS for Covington if the opportunity arises in a 3 way trade.

The small forward thing is your personal perception. I’ve been waiting for Buddy/Bogdan to start for awhile but Jackson looked good in SL and looks on pace to being a solid player

Jackson shot 31.9% from 3 in summer league. Hard to imagine he shoots at a higher rate in the regular NBA season. You can’t be a 3 and D type player when you shoot at that percent.

Jackson is a great kid and I want him to do well but he’s not projecting to be a solid player with that 3 point shooting percent.

He certainly isn't the best defender either. Hes in the body of a 3 and D but right now isn't a good shooter and doesn't play defense.

I've lost hope with him. If he becomes a 8th or 9th man I think thats a win.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1147 » by City of Trees » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:02 am

Sactowndog wrote:
kingjawn100 wrote:At this point is anyone still downplaying the importance of the loss of Scott Perry? I mean, i still don't understand it. For a bit that looked like our gateway out of misery. Not stars but somehow decent free agents were interested in playing for the kings. Then we let him out of his contract with little compensation to join another team?! And now we cant get even mid level free agents to seriously consider joining the team (they are actually signing worse contracts to play elsewhere).

Vlade should have done everything possible to figure out a way for Perry to get a major raise/job title upgrade for him to stay. And honestly Vivek should have looked at the situation and said "who would i have more confidence in running this organization...Vlade or Perry?" and then promptly fired or re-assigned vlade.

The Kings are a team that will NEVER lure good free agents without having someone with credibility in the organization. For the first time in as long as i can remember we had that guy....then let him go! Inexcusable

I tend to agree here but Vlade and Perry didn’t appear to be on the same page. Hill was told we were looking to win now then he was put on the bench. That stuff just adds to the Kings reputation of dysfunction.

I think we have 3 solid players in Bogdan, Boogie and Giles. Fox, Jackson, Bagley and Mason are all maybes. They have to show real improvement this year. They have athletic ability to do so but sometimes that ability isn’t enough. It’s most critical for the second year guys: Fox, Jackson and Mason.

If they do improve the Kings will have a good base to sell and Vlade’s reputation will rise.

If they don’t improve it will be imperative and harder to sign free agents. The Kings should have a contingency plan in place to move quickly if they don’t think Vlade can be trusted to sign free agents next summer in this environment.
The team started 1-8 with him as the starting PG where he had a four game stretch of scoring 4, 2, 6, and 8 points.

Managment cant win the games for you. Hill had his shot and he missed, literally, check his fg%.

Everyone and their mama knew the Kings werent going to win. Dont let Hill deflect from his poor play.

Hill pulled a "cause KANGZ" midseason. No bro, cause you aint the same player anymore.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#1148 » by kingjawn100 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:54 am

Sactowndog wrote:

i don't blame Perry or Vlade for Hill being dissatisfied. You say whatever you can to get a free agent to come to your team. If Hill thought a team starting Willie Cauley Stein, ZBo, Justin Jackson and Buddy Heid was gonna make the playoffs that's really an indictment on him. Also, as was already stated, the vets got ample time to prove themselves. By the time the youngsters were getting big minutes it was already virtually a lost year.

Wait...so you're calling Giles a "solid player" and Fox a "maybe"? How does that make sense?
kingjawn100
Senior

Post#1149 » by kingjawn100 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:03 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

He certainly isn't the best defender either. Hes in the body of a 3 and D but right now isn't a good shooter and doesn't play defense.

Granted a ton of Jackson's misses were from the one game where he went 2 for 12 from 3, but you're right...with so few "other things" that Jackson's good at, if hIs 3-point percentage is hovering around 30% for his career he will be merely a fringe nba player.
But the hope is that with more offensive players on the court in the real/regular season his percentage will be higher.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1150 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:43 am

kingjawn100 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Granted a ton of Jackson's misses were from the one game where he went 2 for 12 from 3, but you're right...with so few "other things" that Jackson's good at, if hIs 3-point percentage is hovering around 30% for his career he will be merely a fringe nba player.
But the hope is that with more offensive players on the court in the real/regular season his percentage will be higher.

I'm judging more off what I saw last year. He just didn't look very confident. he has the talent to become a 40% 3pt shooter just lacking confidence. If he had Kuzma confidence then id be more excited about him.

I've also noticed (I follow everyone on IG), Giles, Bagley, Fox, Buddy, Bogdan even WCS all comment on eachother and hang out. Jackson is married and doesn't seem to really vibe with the team from what I've seen.
kingjawn100
Senior

Post#1151 » by kingjawn100 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:59 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kingjawn100 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I'm judging more off what I saw last year. He just didn't look very confident. he has the talent to become a 40% 3pt shooter just lacking confidence. If he had Kuzma confidence then id be more excited about him.

I've also noticed (I follow everyone on IG), Giles, Bagley, Fox, Buddy, Bogdan even WCS all comment on eachother and hang out. Jackson is married and doesn't seem to really vibe with the team from what I've seen.

I wouldn't read too much into the IG stuff. If you saw the Deuce & Mo rookie roundtable they did towards the year it seems like they all vibe really well together. If i had to take anything from the video it's that Bogi is much more mature than the rest of the young guys (as he should be given his age/experience).

PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#1152 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:55 pm

WTF? Garrett Temple for Ben McLemore & Deyonta Davis & cash.

This has to be a precursor to another move.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#1153 » by jeffjtk1234 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Vlade what is you doing

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1154 » by City of Trees » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Temple for a 2021 2nd, Davis, Mclemore, and cash is ok value

Waive Mclemore and youre left with taking a flier on Davis, pick, and cash. Im not mad at it.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1155 » by City of Trees » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Read on Twitter

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1156 » by City of Trees » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Plus we did Temple a favor. His agent has to be pleased.

Only negative is losing mentor Temple, which was happening after this season anyways. Cash out while you can. Really guys im good here.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1157 » by City of Trees » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Read on Twitter

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#1158 » by blind prophet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:34 pm

You guys noticing cash considerations seems to appear in every trade we do?
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#1159 » by dozencousins » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:35 pm

The trade overall is bad we lost IMO in respect of return value .

I was just told part of the logic to the Kings doing this is they are getting ready for a big move coming .

Told more vets could be traded as well as we just might give an offer sheet to Capela . I was not told that is 100% fact just the fact the Kings have been considering giving Capela or Smart an offer sheet as well again we are talking other trades .

We will be an even younger team next season than this last one . Wow
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#1160 » by blind prophet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:35 pm

City of Trees wrote:Temple for a 2021 2nd, Davis, Mclemore, and cash is ok value

Waive Mclemore and youre left with taking a flier on Davis, pick, and cash. Im not mad at it.

Yeah we extracted value for a net negative contract. 1 million in cap space, a second.

That's a good trade, no matter what happens to Davis or Ben.

Return to Sacramento Kings