Read on Twitter

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

Wow ! All second rounders & not one 1st acquired . LMAO
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1162 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:01 pm

I can't believe the general board is making this out to be a bad trade. As if Temple was worth a first. This is irrelevant and I'm pretty sure we will see something bigger happen soon.

Shump for Melo+assets?
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#1163 » by blind prophet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:39 pm

If we keep Davis, something tells me Kosta is going to be a goner here soon.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#1164 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Freeing up space for Capela :)
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#1165 » by Joel Embust » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Justin Jackson time!
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#1166 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Eleqtrique wrote:Justin Jackson time!

It was anyways.. he has the tools to be a solid player
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#1167 » by sacking123 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Fantastic move Vlade. Opens up a little more room and gets a 2nd.
Davis might just be worth working with this year.
What is underrated too is that McLemores salary is a little easier to put in as filler for a trade. He can be put with Randolph/Shumpert a lot easier.
Heck let’s just pair them up Randolph/McLemore = $17.1 mill
Shumpert/Kosta = $19.75 mill
Or other variations. Just gives a little more flexibility.
Losing Temple from that locker room is the thing that hurts. I think he is going to be really good at his next career whether it be as an executive like he has hinted or as a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#1168 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Capela wants 4/100. We are at 20.5 in space post trade. This move could get us there while stretching one of Iman/Zach
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,505

Re: RE: Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1169 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Freeing up space for Capela :)
No
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,505

Re: RE: Re: Kings Off-Season 

Post#1170 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Capela wants 4/100. We are at 20.5 in space post trade. This move could get us there while stretching one of Iman/Zach
No
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#1171 » by becorz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:47 pm

Man, I know I sound like a broken record, but I really hope it isn't for Capella. I hope they did it for the second round pick and to get Temple to a more competitive team. Maybe even to absorb a contract like Carmelo. Or to flat out go get Covington.
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#1172 » by teerfour+40LG » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:03 pm

Yes, I laughed for 5 minutes straight when I heard about this trade.

I remember being interested in Deyonta Davis during his draft year. Did he turn out to suck?

EDIT: Oh yeah, he was a bad interview and dropped from a lottery pick all the way to the second round.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#1173 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:08 pm

becorz wrote:Man, I know I sound like a broken record, but I really hope it isn't for Capella. I hope they did it for the second round pick and to get Temple to a more competitive team. Maybe even to absorb a contract like Carmelo. Or to flat out go get Covington.

I don’t know about getting Temple to a more competitive team or for the 2nd. Memphis haven’t been competitive, and it’s not their mission to do him favors IMO. He’s a vet locker room guy, respected, so I don’t know if they’d do it for just a 2nd.. we will see
becorz
Veteran

Post#1174 » by becorz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:12 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
becorz wrote:Man, I know I sound like a broken record, but I really hope it isn't for Capella. I hope they did it for the second round pick and to get Temple to a more competitive team. Maybe even to absorb a contract like Carmelo. Or to flat out go get Covington.

I don’t know about getting Temple to a more competitive team or for the 2nd. Memphis haven’t been competitive, and it’s not their mission to do him favors IMO. He’s a vet locker room guy, respected, so I don’t know if they’d do it for just a 2nd.. we will see

I mean, it gets him to a team that is trying to compete, at least. They have a healthy Conley and Gasol, so they will be OK.
becorz
Veteran

Post#1175 » by becorz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:16 pm

blind prophet wrote:You guys noticing cash considerations seems to appear in every trade we do?

Yes, I did notice they are in every trade. It's like we get Mr. Considerations and also John Salmons in every trade we do.

Seriously though, why not? If you look at it, we got cash in the Hill trade so we could pay off Papa G. We got cash in this trade to pay of McLemore. And in the Portland trade, we got cash cause...why not?

It might be a sign that we are penny pinching, but I choose to believe that it is happening because it makes sense, given the trades.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1176 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:18 pm

I really hope Ben goes bye, bye soon. This better not hamper the chances for Bogdan and Buddy to get minutes.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1177 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 pm

becorz wrote:
blind prophet wrote:You guys noticing cash considerations seems to appear in every trade we do?

Yes, I did notice they are in every trade. It's like we get Mr. Considerations and also John Salmons in every trade we do.

Seriously though, why not? If you look at it, we got cash in the Hill trade so we could pay off Papa G. We got cash in this trade to pay of McLemore. And in the Portland trade, we got cash cause...why not?

It might be a sign that we are penny pinching, but I choose to believe that it is happening because it makes sense, given the trades.

This is a little concerning but I think it's because it simply smart moves for a rebuilding team. This makes me think the Kings are finally understanding it's time to go with the young guys.
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#1178 » by kingjawn100 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:21 pm

Just as i was ripping the Kings for doing a favor to Scott Perry and letting him go with little compensation last summer they go and seemingly do the same thing with Temple! If there is no other move to follow this is just awful. We strikeout over and over trying to find a capable free agent small forward and then trade off the one guy on our own roster who could help fill the void? Just doesn't make sense. Was Justin Jackson's summer league performance that inspiring that they just decided to gift wrap him the starting spot with no competition? There has to be something else coming ...right??!!
kingjawn100
Senior
And1: 106

Post#1179 » by kingjawn100 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Capela i guess would be interesting in that they could roll out a frontcourt rotation of Capela-Giles-Bagley for the next 5 years. But they would need to make so many subsequent moves to get rid of other bigs from the roster which i doubt we'd get even value for. If we bring in capela you certainly need to get rid of WCS before the season starts and with everyone knowing we want to trade him i doubt we'd get more than a 2nd when willie's probably worth a good deal more.

And blocked shots aside, are we sure Willie wouldn't have similar impact if he played in houston with CP and Harden? Capela's defense is worlds ahead of Willie but i actually think Willie is a better offensive player at this point. All they really ask of Capela offensively is dunks and tip-ins where we, at times, are running the entire offense through willie in the post.

There's also the reality that Houston would probably match whatever we'd throw at Capela. Realistically if they let Ariza, Mbah a Moute and Capela walk they're probably no longer a title contender. I couldn't see them essentially blowing it up after just 1 year with all of them together.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#1180 » by codydaze » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:41 pm

BoogieTime wrote:

They weren't competitive last year because Conley got hurt and they tanked. They made the playoffs for seven straight years before that, they will be fighting for the playoffs again this year.

Return to Sacramento Kings