This team is killing me

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#81 » by City of Trees » Sun Jul 8, 2018 5:18 pm

1. When writing an essay never cite Wikipedia. The same can be said for citing the General Board to strengthen an argument.

2. It took the Bulls all of 2 hours to match. Bobby Marks has said the injury protection clause written by the Kings made this an easy match for Chicago. Vlade didnt rushed contract. He protected his team.

3. Vlade's new free agency approach is refreshing for this team. They need do develop their guys.

4. Vlade thinks Lavine can reach his ceiling. THOSE are the kind of players we should be targeting. Lavine reaching his potential is up for debate....but at least the days of signing George Hill appear to be over.

5. Check out the Chicago Tribune interviewing Vlade

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-zach-lavine-kings-vlade-divac-20180707-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#82 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:24 pm

We will see how the Kings crop of guards respond. He just very well may have pissed them off good and well. Vlade's bad moves start catching up next year and the last thing you want to do is preach development when you are actively looking to upgrade one of the positions you already have a good deal of your potential at, I hope he understands that. And I hope he doesn't trust Dave Joerger or his assessment as much as I think he might.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#83 » by City of Trees » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:36 am

Double post
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#84 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jul 9, 2018 6:53 am

But if we don’t see him again this SL, I can already tell Bagley is going to be nuisance to me as a fan. Talented kid, but I might resent him where he was picked and the process to get him to play to his potential. Still think he can be a complimentary pieces to Fox for sure, but not the player I wanted at 2. That’s my read after four SL games (first impressions and all)
beb0p
Junior
And1: 51

Post#85 » by beb0p » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:04 pm

To anyone who thinks the sky is falling. Just a reminder that Ben Simmons shot 4 for 17 at the 2016 Summer League.

And how many Kings fans called Hassan Whiteside a bust after his mediocre showing at the Summer League and subsequently cut by the Kings?

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: This team is killing me 

Post#86 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:18 am

beb0p wrote:To anyone who thinks the sky is falling. Just a reminder that Ben Simmons shot 4 for 17 at the 2016 Summer League.

And how many Kings fans called Hassan Whiteside a bust after his mediocre showing at the Summer League and subsequently cut by the Kings?

I'm not sure how many Kings fans called him a bust but i know ZERO NBA front offices would sign him after his release.

Sometimes the road traveled makes us who we are.

tyguy
Pro Prospect
And1: 660

Post#87 » by tyguy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:37 pm

City of Trees wrote:1. When writing an essay never cite Wikipedia. The same can be said for citing the General Board to strengthen an argument.

2. It took the Bulls all of 2 hours to match. Bobby Marks has said the injury protection clause written by the Kings made this an easy match for Chicago. Vlade didnt rushed contract. He protected his team.

3. Vlade's new free agency approach is refreshing for this team. They need do develop their guys.

4. Vlade thinks Lavine can reach his ceiling. THOSE are the kind of players we should be targeting. Lavine reaching his potential is up for debate....but at least the days of signing George Hill appear to be over.

5. Check out the Chicago Tribune interviewing Vlade

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-zach-lavine-kings-vlade-divac-20180707-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

He isn't writing an essay. He is posting on a messageboard, I think Bagley busts in the sense that there will be quite a few guys that were picked below him that will have a much greater team impact and the Kings will regret this pick. I think Bagley is a guy that could put up some solid numbers on face value, but you will find that he lacks impact because he isn't a good defender, doesn't shoot the three ball with high volume or efficiency, and his only real means of shot creation is just for himself and it's out of the the post (very inefficient). So you essentially have a lob target (useful), guy that gets put backs (useful), good rebounder (useful) and a post scorer (not very useful). You hope for a whole hell of a lot more out of #2.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#88 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:11 am

Signing role players, though solid, instead of making the Capela play
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#89 » by kalenclayton » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:50 am

BoogieTime wrote:Signing role players, though solid, instead of making the Capela play

I get the frustration, but going after Capela would’ve been stupid. We had so many posts to begin with. Why would you keep adding to it with such financial implications? Capela is going to command a lot of money and minutes. This Kings team has too many posts to develop and that would be hindered by Capela. We also don’t know how good Capela is when he doesn’t have a PnR system being led by two of the best in the league.

Also, it’s a two-way Street. Capela has to sign an offer sheet to make things happen. For all we know, he had no interest in Sac.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#90 » by KF10 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:02 am

Capela only made sense if the Kings had drafted Doncic PLUS removing the glut at the PF/C positions.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#91 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:59 am

Bleacherreport has Bagley at 12 on their post-SL redraft

Pelton at ESPN has Bagley the most disappointing there..

Can I be consoled about that?

Its not acceptable. SL is a short stint, but once again, most of the fans of other teams are over the moon over their picks, and not me.. Its the life of a Kings fan

Not acceptable Marvin, or who picked him. Its usually about trajectories. Kids need to show they belong at least in SL. They better be working with him..
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,010

Post#92 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:19 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
sdballer wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:I really can't wait to rub it in you non believers faces when this group and some additions start winning games. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but I think Fox, BH, BB, Giles, Hayes and Skal will all be a part of it. Rather have faith in this group than be hoping for ANOTHER rebuild and ANOTHER 3-4 years of crap.

You could have faith in that core group and still have another 3-4 years of crap. That's the problem.

Do you know what the words "Faith" and "Hope" mean?

Fan = Fanatical = motivated or characterized by an extreme, uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in sports.

:D
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,010

Post#93 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:36 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Bleacherreport has Bagley at 12 on their post-SL redraft

Its not acceptable. SL is a short stint, but once again, most of the fans of other teams are over the moon over their picks, and not me.. Its the life of a Kings fan

Not acceptable Marvin, or who picked him. Its usually about trajectories. Kids need to show they belong at least in SL. They better be working with him...

Yeah, I didn't like the pick either. But... they have lots of young guys that could take a step forward over the next couple of years. Starting at PG, let's see how Fox does over the next two years. No way he was going to "get it" year one, especially at age 20 in the WC. I think one or maybe both Mason or Ferrell will really step up this year. But, we will still be waiting on Fox.

As for the wings, Hield, Bogdoanovic are a pretty good duo. And Jackson is only 22, let's see if he steps up.

Bjelica is a nice stretch PF and Bagley even though he had a terrible SL could still turn out fine. And then there is Labissiere, he kind of took a step back last year. But you don't need all three to be good.

Cauley-Stein and Giles could turn into a good duo, but really you only need one to become really solid. And Davis isn't too bad and still just 21.

Your earlier point where last season's FA binge was stupid - well, that was/is indefensible. Just terribly stupid. They needed to add additional assets be those first or 2nd round picks as they jettison (quickly) the pieces that aren't going to work.

You are right, there is no way this team is a playoff team this year. That is going to hurt - the only upside is the pick is heading to the eastern conference (Philadelphia or Boston).
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#94 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Not acceptable Marvin, or who picked him. Its usually about trajectories. Kids need to show they belong at least in SL. They better be working with him..

Uh, it's summer league. I think sometimes it's much better to struggle than show out because he now will either work harder, or fade out. I'll bring this up one more time, the Kings used him as about as ineffectively as they could and gave him almost nothing easy. Look at Aytons summer league, I saw him finishing lobs and around the rim in an offensive set designed to give him those shots. They didn't just keep slogging the ball to him down low and force him to go against 3 defenders and 2 of his own teammates. I'll give enough credit to the Kings coaching staff that this was likely by design, but it also made him look like garbage. I'm OK with their tough love approach to development, but they also have to be conscious of letting these young guys get a little love too. Start them off with a few easy ones and then put them in between the rock and the hard place. Not right out of the gate. The Kings coaching staff is very sink or swim and the FO answer of just waiving players including lotto picks seems very high school level to me.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#95 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:20 pm

dckingsfan wrote:

Not acceptable Marvin, or who picked him. Its usually about trajectories. Kids need to show they belong at least in SL. They better be working with him...

Yeah, I didn't like the pick either. But... they have lots of young guys that could take a step forward over the next couple of years. Starting at PG, let's see how Fox does over the next two years. No way he was going to "get it" year one, especially at age 20 in the WC. I think one or maybe both Mason or Ferrell will really step up this year. But, we will still be waiting on Fox.

As for the wings, Hield, Bogdoanovic are a pretty good duo. And Jackson is only 22, let's see if he steps up.

Bjelica is a nice stretch PF and Bagley even though he had a terrible SL could still turn out fine. And then there is Labissiere, he kind of took a step back last year. But you don't need all three to be good.

Cauley-Stein and Giles could turn into a good duo, but really you only need one to become really solid. And Davis isn't too bad and still just 21.

Your earlier point where last season's FA binge was stupid - well, that was/is indefensible. Just terribly stupid. They needed to add additional assets be those first or 2nd round picks as they jettison (quickly) the pieces that aren't going to work.

You are right, there is no way this team is a playoff team this year. That is going to hurt - the only upside is the pick is heading to the eastern conference (Philadelphia or Boston).

I agree that we have a lot of young players that can turn out fine. Im a fan of Fox/Buddy/Bogdan/Giles/Skal/JJ in some way, and still think Bagley/WCS can show something.

If Bagley continues to show like this throughout the year, I won't harp on another disappointing pick going forward, except to say it should be the final nail in the coffin for the FO that picked him
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#96 » by blind prophet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Does anyone think we won't have the worst record in the West this year?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#97 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 am

blind prophet wrote:Does anyone think we won't have the worst record in the West this year?

I’ve been rather pessimistic about the team, but I actually think they won’t be the worst in the West. I think they will be better than the Suns and Mavs. I can also see them being better than the Clippers. As currently constructed, is see the Kings as a 33-win team. If they make another move, then things could change. The West is just so damn tough. I see the Kings as a lot better than quite a few of the EC teams so the wins will surprisingly be available.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#98 » by donkeylips » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:11 am

blind prophet wrote:Does anyone think we won't have the worst record in the West this year?

I don’t think the kings will have the worst record in the west, but if they do, it wouldn’t surprise me.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#99 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:55 am

Honestly it would surprise me. They were fairly competitive last year towards the end.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#100 » by BoogieTime » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:51 am

We’re going to say, after one Mavericks preseason game, that anyone remotely involved with the pick will probably need to be fired (Vlade already did, but anyone else involved, and Dave spoke high on Bagley)

Return to Sacramento Kings