ImageImageImageImageImage

This team is killing me

Moderators: KF10, codydaze, City of Trees

Archx
Starter
Posts: 2,372
And1: 1,554
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#121 » by Archx » Sun Oct 7, 2018 5:35 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Archx wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Why come on our board, argue with a non Kings fan and take shots at the Kings. Get off our page


Because clearly whole point that was made and was discussed flew right over your head and i expressed same feelings as 90% of kings fans are saying themselves. Or those memes about Divac are there to boost the morale of the organization? My bad then.
It's okay we see that the other guy had a legit argument and you attempted to personally attack him
Reported

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app


What offended you? When he tried to change the entire history of my country even when i presented him with facts? Or when i said Divac made stupid mistakes? I guess i was right when i said everything went over your head.
User avatar
Popovich
Senior
Posts: 690
And1: 255
Joined: Sep 06, 2015
Location: Serbia
Contact:
 

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#122 » by Popovich » Mon Oct 8, 2018 1:34 pm

Nothing offended me, everyone has a right to express his own opinion, our opinions are not matching and that is expected. Just please stop adding fuel to the fire. I never liked Divac as a person in charge anywhere not even as a head of Serbian Olympic Committee. Divac is a businessman, he runs several organizations and some strategic industries like a natural bottled water companies. He had a very humble beginning and now he is very rich man. I do not envy him, I just don't think he is the right person to make decisions as he is a businessman and naturally his priority is to make profit first.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 40,145
And1: 12,729
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#123 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:49 am

Kings is not a premiere FA destination.
FO is not good with drafts or trades.

My advise is to have principles in doing things.
1.) never have a “temporal discounting” mindset on assets
2.) have a “marshmallow test” on any FO candidates
3.) have this rule in drafting.. prioritize generational players first, then guards second then wings third.

That said..
1.) run this season like the Nets last season by clearing cap to absorb contracts and get paid on future seasons
2.) evaluate existing assets weight their value without any emotional attachments to it
Twitter: Pjeffersonlim| S i x e r s |
¨Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.¨
- Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
Popovich
Senior
Posts: 690
And1: 255
Joined: Sep 06, 2015
Location: Serbia
Contact:
 

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#124 » by Popovich » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:00 am

Discussion about the Kings on STARTERS NBA show >>>https://ytcropper.com/cropped/gu5bd97cf291c6f
User avatar
Popovich
Senior
Posts: 690
And1: 255
Joined: Sep 06, 2015
Location: Serbia
Contact:
 

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#125 » by Popovich » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:15 am

Archx wrote:And i don't care what someone declares what he is, Luka and Goran never said they are Serbs so stop treating them like they are because they are not. And i am glad Luka is not playing for Divac because he is just as clueless at what he is doing like you are at what you are saying.


BTW Luka is doing something that has never done before at his age, he plays like an experienced veteran at age 19. Here is the interview for you to listen what he says after the game vs Spurs. Luka is a prodigy , a wunderkind.
PS
Sorry it's not on Slovenian language, hope you understand. And you said his parents are both Slovenian?

SPORT KLUB interview with Luka Dončić >>>
Archx
Starter
Posts: 2,372
And1: 1,554
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#126 » by Archx » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:39 am

Popovich wrote:
Archx wrote:And i don't care what someone declares what he is, Luka and Goran never said they are Serbs so stop treating them like they are because they are not. And i am glad Luka is not playing for Divac because he is just as clueless at what he is doing like you are at what you are saying.


BTW Luka is doing something that has never done before at his age, he plays like an experienced veteran at age 19. Here is the interview for you to listen what he says after the game vs Spurs. Luka is a prodigy , a wunderkind.
PS
Sorry it's not on Slovenian language, hope you understand. And you said his parents are both Slovenian?

SPORT KLUB interview with Luka Dončić >>>


Mom and Dad are Slovenian. His dad (Saša ) gave an interview where he said that his parents also lived in Slovenia whole time so i am not sure what relatives he had in Serbia when they traveled to visit them. They keep private life secret since apparently he doesn't go along so well anymore with his son.
User avatar
Popovich
Senior
Posts: 690
And1: 255
Joined: Sep 06, 2015
Location: Serbia
Contact:
 

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#127 » by Popovich » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:21 am

Archx wrote:
Popovich wrote:
Archx wrote:And i don't care what someone declares what he is, Luka and Goran never said they are Serbs so stop treating them like they are because they are not. And i am glad Luka is not playing for Divac because he is just as clueless at what he is doing like you are at what you are saying.


BTW Luka is doing something that has never done before at his age, he plays like an experienced veteran at age 19. Here is the interview for you to listen what he says after the game vs Spurs. Luka is a prodigy , a wunderkind.
PS
Sorry it's not on Slovenian language, hope you understand. And you said his parents are both Slovenian?

SPORT KLUB interview with Luka Dončić >>>


Mom and Dad are Slovenian. His dad (Saša ) gave an interview where he said that his parents also lived in Slovenia whole time so i am not sure what relatives he had in Serbia when they traveled to visit them. They keep private life secret since apparently he doesn't go along so well anymore with his son.


Could be, I am not denying he is Slovenian just saying that he has Serban blood, his father which you mentioned, Sasha is from town Plana originally, where his brother , Luka's uncle still lives. There is no closer family than that except immediate one. Anyone could see that Luka speaks better Serbian than Melania Trump.
User avatar
HEKTOR
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,812
And1: 681
Joined: Jan 22, 2009

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#128 » by HEKTOR » Thu Nov 1, 2018 4:01 pm

Archx wrote:Are you really asking me those questions?? :D What the hell are they teaching you guys there. You even have full documentaries on youtube that you can check out.

What's your point? All documentaries are to be believed and are a 100% accurate?
Archx wrote:But quick facts, Slovenia and Croatia wanted to separate from Yugoslavia and we wanted our own sovereign country. Milošević and other leaders didn't like that and didn't want to let us go and they fabricated the story that Italy wanted to attack Yugoslavia and sent armor and soldiers to borders.

There's a lot more to it than that - even when speaking about in 'quick facts'. The issue in the Former Yugoslavia was very much a legal one concerning the Yugoslav constitution in that no federal unit had the right to secession. Slovenia had an easier time to secede considering how Slovenia did not have any unsolved internal problems regarding peoples much like Croatia and Bosnia did. However, there were economic/financial matters (reparations) that could potentially cause conflict.
Archx wrote:Why you think the war even started in the first place? We defended our country successfully with some help from Austria and Germany when they supplied arms and munition to us, but Croatia wasn't so lucky and they got the worst of it. But that is really a quick overview.

Again, there are several factors that led to the war. I'm not sure what you mean by "we defended our country successfully" - who were you (Slovenia) defending your country from? The Yugoslav army? The conflict in Croatia is a completely different story.
Archx
Starter
Posts: 2,372
And1: 1,554
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#129 » by Archx » Thu Nov 1, 2018 4:27 pm

HEKTOR wrote:
Archx wrote:Are you really asking me those questions?? :D What the hell are they teaching you guys there. You even have full documentaries on youtube that you can check out.

What's your point? All documentaries are to be believed and are a 100% accurate?
Archx wrote:But quick facts, Slovenia and Croatia wanted to separate from Yugoslavia and we wanted our own sovereign country. Milošević and other leaders didn't like that and didn't want to let us go and they fabricated the story that Italy wanted to attack Yugoslavia and sent armor and soldiers to borders.

There's a lot more to it than that - even when speaking about in 'quick facts'. The issue in the Former Yugoslavia was very much a legal one concerning the Yugoslav constitution in that no federal unit had the right to secession. Slovenia had an easier time to secede considering how Slovenia did not have any unsolved internal problems regarding peoples much like Croatia and Bosnia did. However, there were economic/financial matters (reparations) that could potentially cause conflict.
Archx wrote:Why you think the war even started in the first place? We defended our country successfully with some help from Austria and Germany when they supplied arms and munition to us, but Croatia wasn't so lucky and they got the worst of it. But that is really a quick overview.

Again, there are several factors that led to the war. I'm not sure what you mean by "we defended our country successfully" - who were you (Slovenia) defending your country from? The Yugoslav army? The conflict in Croatia is a completely different story.


Look, I merely stated quick facts since this is a basketball forums, we can't talk about war and politics here. I know exactly what went down and how since i am over 30yo and my dad was fighting in the war. And yes i am from Slovenia.
User avatar
HEKTOR
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,812
And1: 681
Joined: Jan 22, 2009

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#130 » by HEKTOR » Thu Nov 1, 2018 4:29 pm

I'm also over 30yrs old and have had relatives who fought in the war, what's your point? Going by your comments, it doesn't sound like you know as much as you think.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,688
And1: 2,455
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#131 » by codydaze » Thu Nov 1, 2018 4:51 pm

Hey, can we not have a Slavic fight on this board?
User avatar
HEKTOR
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,812
And1: 681
Joined: Jan 22, 2009

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#132 » by HEKTOR » Thu Nov 1, 2018 4:54 pm

codydaze wrote:Hey, can we not have a Slavic fight on this board?

No problem.
Must say, I've been really happy to see Bjelica getting a solid role on this King's team thus far. Always found that he was misused in Minny and was excited to see what type of role he'd have on the Kings after signing.
When is Bogdan expected to be back?
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,688
And1: 2,455
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#133 » by codydaze » Thu Nov 1, 2018 5:08 pm

HEKTOR wrote:
codydaze wrote:Hey, can we not have a Slavic fight on this board?

No problem.
Must say, I've been really happy to see Bjelica getting a solid role on this King's team thus far. Always found that he was misused in Minny and was excited to see what type of role he'd have on the Kings after signing.
When is Bogdan expected to be back?


I had no idea Bjelica could ball like this. I remember this stint where Jimmy was hurt last year where was balling for Minnesota but I honestly did not expect this.

Bogdan is expected back November 7th I believe. That's the target date at the moment.
BoogieTime
Starter
Posts: 2,004
And1: 631
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#134 » by BoogieTime » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:16 am

AS of tonight, someone will rightfully be fired for the Bagley pick.

He needs to improve a lot and quick for someone’s job

Franchise couldn’t afford it
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,219
And1: 3,340
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#135 » by City of Trees » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:06 am

BoogieTime wrote:AS of tonight, someone will rightfully be fired for the Bagley pick.

He needs to improve a lot and quick for someone’s job

Franchise couldn’t afford it
Overreaction.

Bagley had a bad game just like everyone else not named Fox. Marvin did have a strong 4th quarter though. He'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
BoogieTime
Starter
Posts: 2,004
And1: 631
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#136 » by BoogieTime » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:27 am

City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:AS of tonight, someone will rightfully be fired for the Bagley pick.

He needs to improve a lot and quick for someone’s job

Franchise couldn’t afford it
Overreaction.

Bagley had a bad game just like everyone else not named Fox. Marvin did have a strong 4th quarter though. He'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app


I’m talking about what I’ve seen so far to date, which is disappointment. If we were to start a thread on the GB about it the KINGS would be panned for the pick
wco81
Head Coach
Posts: 7,281
And1: 1,728
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#137 » by wco81 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:22 am

You have to have confidence in your developmental coaches.

Bagley really favors his strong hand like a lot of young players. But when defenders overplay him to the left, he's got to have counter moves, as well as develop a game which doesn't require getting to the rack all the time.

Presumably someone is working with him, drilling him with some of these other moves.

That should go with all the young, high-draft picks on the roster.

Looks like Fox's shooting has improved so there's that, but who's working with the big men?
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,688
And1: 2,455
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#138 » by codydaze » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:09 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:AS of tonight, someone will rightfully be fired for the Bagley pick.

He needs to improve a lot and quick for someone’s job

Franchise couldn’t afford it
Overreaction.

Bagley had a bad game just like everyone else not named Fox. Marvin did have a strong 4th quarter though. He'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app


I’m talking about what I’ve seen so far to date, which is disappointment. If we were to start a thread on the GB about it the KINGS would be panned for the pick


Most ridiculous take I've seen on this board.
bleeds_purple
Veteran
Posts: 2,707
And1: 1,368
Joined: May 22, 2014

Re: This team is killing me 

Post#140 » by bleeds_purple » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Overreaction.

Bagley had a bad game just like everyone else not named Fox. Marvin did have a strong 4th quarter though. He'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app


I’m talking about what I’ve seen so far to date, which is disappointment. If we were to start a thread on the GB about it the KINGS would be panned for the pick


Most ridiculous take I've seen on this board.


It's not super ridiculous when you look at what Doncic is doing so far. The fans pretty much unanimously preferred him. Our relatively hot start is a current distraction from the reality that Doncic looks to be way better than Bagley. There's a super high chance in the long run people are going to regret that pick a lot.

Bagley is a year away from being a productive player. I'm not expecting anything from him this year. But the signs are there. He just needs to work hard on his game and learn the overall meta-game.

Return to Sacramento Kings